cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40 & Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]

ASUS ROG SS/SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS PRIME DTS:X Ultra motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD - AM4/AM5) : ASUS ROG motherboards with AMD 5xx/6xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.
Hardware requirements (AMD - sTRX4) : ASUS ROG/PRIME motherboards with AMD TRX40 chipset.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG motherboards with Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
820 REPLIES 820

Just update... I WAS sad after 8years that newver work for me. Now i am using the drivers for the first time with no issues and no crash. incredible was always SS3 the problem. Not even a event in windows. i am happy-.  I will chek the rest of the stuff later since my speakers are as basic that can be and i use usb heaphones that has it own software side.

Learn, Play Enjoy!

akgis_
Level 10

The amplification for the headphones dont work with this new drivers for the Z790 OG APEX white and there is no support for SS for this Mobo in the Armoury crate if it will ever be.

Tested on a clean windows11 image and a everyday image following the cleanup process complitly.

Bring back the SS3 drivers aswell please!

SS3 is EOL it will never return. aside that is wokring fine with what i have.

that why was remove. i have note test the board heaphone amps since i do not have 3.5mm heaphone. let mas my brother to lean me  his i will get back in a week

And no the new AC SS only on the z790 V2 models

Learn, Play Enjoy!

Yeh I know its EOL, but the new one is still not incorporated in AC but thats typical asus killing support for not even 1year old mobos.

velorum
Level 8

Reverting the ExtRtXUsb_Asus_BJ_RTK.inf driver from CodecExtOem_RTK_XX folder back to ExtRtXUsb_Asus_AVO_RTK.inf from older SS3 driver package fixed the amplification settings for me

Can you clarify installation?

There are 2 files in that folder. One INF and one catalog. Are you replacing both files from the older package? The older package does not work for the new boards(Encore, DARK Hero, WIFI 2 boards) because they have new IDs that do not exist in the older Legacy drivers. I've tried force installing those and the amplification settings just disappear.

@MoKiChU

I know you do not provide support but is there someone you can alert about driver bugs?

My new APEX encore cannot use mic gain settings therefore my headset is currently useless until ASUS fixes the issue. This issue should affect anyone using the newer driver packages. New refresh boards cannot use the legacy packages either

@Agent-A01 wrote:

There are 2 files in that folder. One INF and one catalog. Are you replacing both files from the older package? The older package does not work for the new boards(Encore, DARK Hero, WIFI 2 boards) because they have new IDs that do not exist in the older Legacy drivers. I've tried force installing those and the amplification settings just disappear.

Yes, I replaced the whole CodecExtOem_RTK_71 folder with CodecExtOem_RTK_67 from the older package.  I have a STRIX Z690-G motherboard, so that works for me. 

@Agent-A01 wrote:

My new APEX encore cannot use mic gain settings therefore my headset is currently useless until ASUS fixes the issue. This issue should affect anyone using the newer driver packages. New refresh boards cannot use the legacy packages either

So this means that it's broken not only on old motherboards, interesting. Does the "Amplify Level" setting in Realtek panel work for you? For me, it does nothing on the lastest drivers. 

This brought back the amplification, but removed the equalizer and other sound effects I need both as I need amplification and better bass yeh I know my headphones suck. back to SS3

@Agent-A01 wrote:

@MoKiChU

I know you do not provide support but is there someone you can alert about driver bugs?

It will get fixed eventually, clearly its broken, reported it about a month ago, either use the drivers from your support page or use the last ones that worked from @MoKiChU, always hold on to previous drivers from @MoKiChU in case the new ones have an issue, @MoKiChU does not archive them. And as stated before many times, there is no support from @MoKiChU simply just updates the drivers...

ctorbaoglu
Level 7

Hi,

Well, I have Radeon RX 7900 XTX so, my PC is using GPU's HD Audio Bus connected via HDMI to my LG TV. Since, the sound of the TV is weak, I am using SS3's Bass Boots, Treble boost and Voice clarity to boost the sound. (with audio dropout issues of course).

I am glad Asus ditch the SS3 because of the problems in favor of SS, now I need to find a solution.

- Can I use my GPU HD audio with SS to make the same boost for the sound if I download the drivers and Armory Crate on my MB? (Z690 Hero)

- Or should I switch to Realtek audio instead of using my GPU audio to make this happen? If so, how?

- If none of the above is possible, which software you recommend it for?

Thank you

Asus Z690 Hero
G.Skill 32 GB 6400mhz
Samsung 990 Pro
MSI RX 7900XTX