cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40 & Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]

ASUS ROG SS/SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS PRIME DTS:X Ultra motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD - AM4/AM5) : ASUS ROG motherboards with AMD 5xx/6xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.
Hardware requirements (AMD - sTRX4) : ASUS ROG/PRIME motherboards with AMD TRX40 chipset.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG motherboards with Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
815 REPLIES 815

IronCondor
Level 7

I switched from the default latest ASUS audio drivers to these drivers. The process was followed step by step.  The HyperX headphones now connect and disconnect. Sometimes they do not appear. Any tips or tricks to make this work on the ROG STRIX X670E-E?

Hi,

I remind you that I do not work for ASUS and I do not replace ASUS Support :

- If your issue occurring with drivers from your motherboard support page (and therefore that it is not specific to the drivers that I offer) : Open a ticket with ASUS Support.
- If your issue didn't occurring with drivers from your motherboard support page : CLEANUP process then install/use the drivers package from your motherboard support page.

Hi, no offense but, if you don't work for ASUS, whats the purpose of this drivers? I thought that this drivers were official.

ksenchy
Level 10

Do these drivers fix the very low mic volume I'm experiencing? It's very low at 100% volume

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- DTS APO4x Extension Driver have been updated for these drivers packages :

MoKiChU wrote:
- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :
Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :
Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]

Thread, post & drivers packages updated.

what do you mean disabled by default?  in device manager?  because i still see it, and enabled (after upgrade).  or do u mean after a clean install?

Assarelius
Level 9

Sorry if the question is stupide but how does one know if one has "...TRX40" or not? 

Long_Y0_
Level 10

Hello, does this string work for anyone?

pnputil /disable-device /deviceid ROOT\AVoluteSS3Vad

I mean, after having applied it - do you have your "Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer" device disabled in devmgr?

Hi @Long_Y0_ 

I just recently installed the latest Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) and during the install, noticed the 'disable' notice. So After the reboot I opened up the install.cmd file and found that same line that you are referencing. After reading your post, I checked my device manager and the 'Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer' is disabled in mine.

@MoKiChU  can you (or anyone else) explain why this 'new' disable line is in the install.cmd (especially since the line above it is installing the driver for the device)? It was not there the last time I installed one of yoru updates. It has been 3-5 months or so since the last time I downloaded and installed.