cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40 & Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]

ASUS ROG SS/SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS PRIME DTS:X Ultra motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD - AM4/AM5) : ASUS ROG motherboards with AMD 5xx/6xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.
Hardware requirements (AMD - sTRX4) : ASUS ROG/PRIME motherboards with AMD TRX40 chipset.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG motherboards with Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
815 REPLIES 815

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Please refer to my previous post (and so, re-download your drivers package and follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process).

As reminder :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

Hi tried a couple of times now with the right package (thanks for pointing that out).
Have been super careful to follow your clean steps and install steps, including rebooting when you say.

Good news is the right USB Audio driver was installed. Realtek service is installed and its UWP control panel app works.

Bad news is that sonic studio and sonic radar both report "the current systems is not supported, or the audio driver has not been properly installed. TIMEOUT"

Hope this picture of my device tree and hidden software components helps.

--EDIT--
I am now getting the timeout issue with the ASUS drivers that previoulsy worked
i suspect i have hit an error new in windows 11 insider introduced in this weeks build 25276

please stand down on my crappy feedback 😞
(note to self, don't do testing across a windows build>build upgrade cycle)

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,
It works as expected, but if audio latency is really a concern for you, consider using ASIO but be aware that when the Sonic Studio III effects and/or DTS Sound Unbound effects are enabled, ASIO cannot work, you must disable the Sonic Studio III effects and/or DTS Sound Unbound effects (or uninstall the Sonic Studio III and/or DTS Sound Unbound apps) in order to be able to use ASIO (ASIO having low level access to the audio kernel provide low latency, but it have its own limitations).

As I don't use any features of SS3 or DTS (except direct monitor from SS3, but only for testing this delay compared to Windows monitor setting and OBS), how to do that? If you wish we can discuss this privately not to spam this thread and if something useful comes up from that, then we'll share the solution here.

For more details:
SS3 delay = 80 ms
Windows delay = 100 ms
And yes, I can even hear this 20 ms difference between those two.

Example:

Maybe this delay is not a concern for english speakers, but in my native language it makes some problems...

scyto
Level 8
Thanks i did that.
The two sonic apps worked for about a minute.
Then sonic studio crashed.
After this restarting the apps resulted in a timeout error.

I suspect this is the root cause for now i am going to conclude it is this version of windows that is the issue.
As such i will revisit these drivers in a few windows builds time and see if there is any improvement

Faulting application name: NahimicService.exe, version: 2.7.6.0, time stamp: 0x62c7ea84
Faulting module name: NAHIMICV3NSControlExpert.dll, version: 3.11.1.0, time stamp: 0x62bd5cf2
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000044575
Faulting process id: 0x0x7FB8
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9296907F33B0C
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\NahimicService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\NAHIMICV3NSControlExpert.dll
Report Id: 5d2ffd2e-b3b7-4ccd-8486-cda6fd889ba2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Which led to:

Faulting application name: SonicStudio3.exe, version: 3.16.230.0, time stamp: 0x620b357e
Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.25276.1000, time stamp: 0xfad964ec
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c61b3
Faulting process id: 0x0x1908
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D92968DFE6B379
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\A-Volute.SonicStudio3_3.16.23.0_x64__w2gh52qy24etm\SonicStudio3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll
Report Id: 68e3a1e9-cc60-4592-ae01-0d78ff9cef11
Faulting package full name: A-Volute.SonicStudio3_3.16.23.0_x64__w2gh52qy24etm
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I see these errors happening until windows give ups restarting the service - then the timeouts start.

PS i know you think i can't follow your instructions. I followed them to the letter. No need to continue helping at this point as it windows.

the only method to have DTS and dolby Digital on the receiver is to buy a dedicated sound card, this integrated one is of very bad if not poor quality. evidently they spared savings to assemble the apex, Realtek had to avoid chips like the 4080 r improve the 1220

JohnAb
Level 17
scyto - MokiChU helped me out with the Realtek drivers package previously after I had tried several times without success. He suggested that after all of the cleanup steps I should run update.cmd (as admin) instead of install.cmd. That worked for me and the Realtek audio console and SS3 then worked correctly. Not sure if this will help you, but it worked great for me.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

- DTS APO4x Extension Driver have been updated for these drivers packages :

MoKiChU wrote:
- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :
Drivers : 6.3.9600.2347 WHQL [03/11/2022]

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :
Drivers : 6.3.9600.2347 WHQL [03/11/2022]

Thread, post & drivers packages updated.

Betroz
Level 10
What is the correct driver version for Z790 Strix-e Gaming?

Betroz wrote:
What is the correct driver version for Z790 Strix-e Gaming?

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Hi i am having latency spikes that appear randomly, i assume it has to do with the audio drivers? I am using a usb 2.0 Komplete audio 6 but somehow the latency is still high The motherboard i have is z690-f what drivers should i install? also do i just go with asio? or a stripped down version since i dont need all the dts unbound and all those apps.Just a stable audio driver that doesnt spike for music production Thanks for the help

Ribellu
Level 10
Thanks for update MoKiChU 😉