cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40 & Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]

ASUS ROG SS/SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS PRIME DTS:X Ultra motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD - AM4/AM5) : ASUS ROG motherboards with AMD 5xx/6xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.
Hardware requirements (AMD - sTRX4) : ASUS ROG/PRIME motherboards with AMD TRX40 chipset.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG motherboards with Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
820 REPLIES 820

The driver after installing it fails to reproduce a source in dts-hd and remains only in pcm

pipes_ wrote:
The driver after installing it fails to reproduce a source in dts-hd and remains only in pcm

Hi,

Again, it has nothing to do with the proper functioning of the audio drivers, it is intended like that, please refer/complain in this thread (or open another new thread in the same category, there is no point in complaining about that in my thread) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131271-Optical-S-PDIF-on-ROG-Maximus-Z790-Hero.

JohnAb wrote:
Hi Guys, I've had similar problems as well with a Z690 Hero. Basic sound all good, but Realtek Audio Console and Sonic Studio 3 have not worked for a while.

To try and sort this out, first I cleaned out all of the apps and drivers (following MoKiChU's cleanup process with reboots exactly as advised). Interesting that sound through SPDIF was still working normally after the cleanup process, because I assume my PC was using Microsoft drivers?

Anyway, then I installed MoKiChU's UAD-ASUS ROG SS3-DTS drivers v6.3.9600.2345. No errors, but after the reboot, Realtek Audio Console, Sonic 3 and DTS were not installed, so I tried to install them manually. Audio console would not download from the App store (a widely reported problem) and Sonic Studio 3 did install OK, but would still not work. I didn't try to use DTS.

Then I did the cleanup process again and tried the latest official driver pack from the ASUS support pages [Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307 UWD For Windows 10/11 64-bit]. This time, the Audio console, Sonic Studio 3 etc were installed, but they still wouldn't work. As before, sound on SPDIF was still working normally (3.5mm output probably OK as well, but I don't use that).

Then I did the cleanup process for a third time, installed MoKiChU's latest drivers again but same issues. Finally, I did the cleanup again, but left the Realtek drivers in place (which do show up as v6.3.9600.2345 in Armoury Crate).

So in summary, my sound is still working fine, but I just cannot get Audio Console or Sonic 3 Studio to work. They were working a few months ago, but I really don't know why they won't work any more. Any help would be welcome, as I used to like the sound boost that was available in Sonic Studio. Thanks very much if there are any suggestions.

Hi,

As reminder, I want to clarify to everyone that my threads only concerns the drivers found in the thread and nothing else, if you have an issue that also occurs with the audio drivers packages from your motherboard's support page or if you have any issue/question with/about what comes from your motherboard's support page, contact ASUS Support and/or open a thread here : Hardware & Software Support.

Hi Guys, I've had similar problems as well with a Z690 Hero. Basic sound all good, but Realtek Audio Console and Sonic Studio 3 have not worked for a while.

To try and sort this out, first I cleaned out all of the apps and drivers (following MoKiChU's cleanup process with reboots exactly as advised). Interesting that sound through SPDIF was still working normally after the cleanup process, because I assume my PC was using Microsoft drivers?

Anyway, then I installed MoKiChU's UAD-ASUS ROG SS3-DTS drivers v6.3.9600.2345. No errors, but after the reboot, Realtek Audio Console, Sonic 3 and DTS were not installed, so I tried to install them manually. Audio console would not download from the App store (a widely reported problem) and Sonic Studio 3 did install OK, but would still not work. I didn't try to use DTS.

Then I did the cleanup process again and tried the latest official driver pack from the ASUS support pages [Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307 UWD For Windows 10/11 64-bit]. This time, the Audio console, Sonic Studio 3 etc were installed, but they still wouldn't work. As before, sound on SPDIF was still working normally (3.5mm output probably OK as well, but I don't use that).

Then I did the cleanup process for a third time, installed MoKiChU's latest drivers again but same issues. Finally, I did the cleanup again, but left the Realtek drivers in place (which do show up as v6.3.9600.2345 in Armoury Crate).

So in summary, my sound is still working fine, but I just cannot get Audio Console or Sonic 3 Studio to work. They were working a few months ago, but I really don't know why they won't work any more. Any help would be welcome, as I used to like the sound boost that was available in Sonic Studio. Thanks very much if there are any suggestions.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb
Level 17

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb
Level 17
Hi MoKiChU, I respect that you don't want to support the official audio drivers, it's just that I had very similar issues with your latest drivers as well. I gave the complete story to provide full information. If you do have any insights, that could be really helpful 🙂 It is still good that you provide us all with updates, I think many of us appreciate the good work you do.

JohnAb wrote:
Hi MoKiChU, I respect that you don't want to support the official audio drivers, it's just that I had very similar issues with your latest drivers as well. I gave the complete story to provide full information. If you do have any insights, that could be really helpful 🙂 It is still good that you provide us all with updates, I think many of us appreciate the good work you do.

As reminder :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

Also as reminder, to avoid ZoneID blocking trouble :

- For each downloaded .zip : ZoneID unblock the .zip (Right click on the .zip file > Properties > Check the box Unblock > OK).

or

- Disable the ZoneID blocking completely (you will no longer have to unblock each downloaded .zip) :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Launch then type gpedit.msc > OK
- User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
- Do not preserve zone information in file attachment : Enabled > OK.

So, follow this :

1) Redownload Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.
2) ZoneID unblock the .zip (this step is not necessary if you have already disabled the ZoneID blocking completely) : Right click on the .zip file > Properties > Check the box Unblock > OK.
3) Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process.
4) Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process.

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

JohnAb
Level 17
Thanks for the advice. I unblocked the zip file before extracting the drivers (have never seen that feature before) and I also ran the SS3 Cleaner tool as admin (which I also did before).

Overall, I got the same same result after running the install.cmd as admin (drivers 6.3.9600.2345). The Realtek Audio console did not install automatically after rebooting (when I tried manually I got error Code: 0x803FB005 in the App store) and Sonic 3 also did not install automatically. So next I installed Sonic 3 manually, but when I try to run it I get the message "The current system is not supported, or the audio driver has not been properly installed. NOPKEY".

Apart from this, sound is still working fine. I can live without the Audio Console and Sonic Suite 3, but it just seems strange that audio drivers seem so difficult to get working. Oh well, thank you for trying to help. I do appreciate it.

JohnAb wrote:
The Realtek Audio console did not install automatically after rebooting (when I tried manually I got error Code: 0x803FB005 in the App store)

This error occurs when the Realtek Ext/SWC Drivers (of which Realtek HSA SWC Driver) are not/badly installed.

JohnAb wrote:
I installed Sonic 3 manually, but when I try to run it I get the message "The current system is not supported, or the audio driver has not been properly installed. NOPKEY".

This error occurs when the SS3 Ext/SWC Drivers (of which SS3-SSVM Ext/SWC Driver) is not/badly installed.

The root cause of your issue seems to come from your PC (maybe a zealous antivirus) and not from the drivers packages from your motherboard support page or from my drivers packages.

Anyway, please send me a complete capture (or an .csv export (File > Export)) of your DriverStore with Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

Thanks again MoKiChU. I have tried again with my virus checker turned off and I made sure it stayed off during the reboot. I thought that might have worked, but no luck. Audio Console, Sonic Suite 3 etc still did not install automatically.

The only relevant driver that seems to be listed in Driver Store Explorer after the reinstall is avolutess3vad.inf.

This time, I did not try to manually install Audio Console, Sonic Suite 3 etc. From memory, I think there are drivers missing from the time a few months ago when Sonic Suite 3 was working.

I have attached two images of Driver Store Explorer started as admin as requested. Thanks for taking a look. Apart from the issues described earlier with Audio Console, Sonic Suite 3 etc, everything else seems to be working perfectly.

Is there any way to install the Realtek Ext/SWC Drivers manually or could I find them somewhere?

Thank you.

JohnAb wrote:
Thanks again MoKiChU. I have tried again with my virus checker turned off and I made sure it stayed off during the reboot. I thought that might have worked, but no luck. Audio Console, Sonic Suite 3 etc still did not install automatically.

The only relevant driver that seems to be listed in Driver Store Explorer after the reinstall is avolutess3vad.inf.

This time, I did not try to manually install Audio Console, Sonic Suite 3 etc. From memory, I think there are drivers missing from the time a few months ago when Sonic Suite 3 was working.

I have attached two images of Driver Store Explorer started as admin as requested. Thanks for taking a look. Apart from the issues described earlier with Audio Console, Sonic Suite 3 etc, everything else seems to be working perfectly.

Is there any way to install the Realtek Ext/SWC Drivers manually or could I find them somewhere?

Thank you.

It seems that your issue is related to the Realtek installer, so in order to avoid it, refollow your INSTALL process with Update.cmd instead of Install.cmd.