cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40 & Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]

ASUS ROG SS/SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS PRIME DTS:X Ultra motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD - AM4/AM5) : ASUS ROG motherboards with AMD 5xx/6xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.
Hardware requirements (AMD - sTRX4) : ASUS ROG/PRIME motherboards with AMD TRX40 chipset.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG motherboards with Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
821 REPLIES 821

emigdio821 wrote:
Which one should I install on my motherboard (ROG STRIX Z690-G GAMING WIFI)? I have been hearing like some "cracking" noises or something similar like a radio when you're switching between stations, hope this update solves this issue, thank you.

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Legennndary wrote:
hi MokiChU; I have b660f gaming motherboards. In games 0,5 or 1 seconds audio lag. I used already the last drivers and bios. Which versions drivers is best for me(bioss, firmware etc)? Thank you.

Hi,

To begin with :

- Updates your BIOS and your Realtek USB Audio Firmware to the last

In a second time :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Once it's done, regarding your issue, follow these 2 TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post of all my audio drivers threads) :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
- Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt.

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.

Also, if that was not enough to fix your issue, try by disabling PCI Express Link State Power Management in your power plan to avoid L0s/L1 state of PCI Express power management mechanism (Windows Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings of your current power plan > Change advanced power settings > PCI Express > Link State Power Management : Disabled) or by switching directly to the High performance power plan (Windows Control Panel > Power Options > High performance).

/!\ Note /!\ : Do not go beyond 48000Hz 24Bits. If you go beyond 48000Hz 24Bits, DTS Sound Unbound will not work, and SS3 may generate crashes or lag spike with some apps/games.

In a third time :

You need these other firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix B660-F Gaming WiFi motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H610/B660/H670/Z690)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD (6xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Intel GNA (5xx/6xx)

[DRIVERS] Intel Serial IO/Thunderbolt (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Serial IO Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I225

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 3165/3168/7265D/8xxx/9xxx/AXxxx

vova-ko wrote:
MoKiChU, thanks for maintaining this thread!
I have a problem with not detected front panel audio jack. Standard troubleshooting (with disabling "detection of front panel" in realtek audio console) didn't help.
Neither did simple update of drivers from official site or from here.
Do you think i shall try full delete-and-install process as you describe here (with removing asus rog/realtek software)? Or maybe other thoughts?.. ASUS support wasn't helpful(

Hi,

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Also on the hardware side (given that the front panel is made/designed by the manufacturer of your case), check all the wiring from your 12-1 pin Audio Front Panel header (AAFP) port on your motherboard going through your front panel to your audio equipment (speakers/headset/headphone). Also, check which type of 3.5mm jack supports your front panel and which type of 3.5mm jack you are looking to connect (if they are different you will need an adapter).

Note : Please indicate your motherboard (either in your post or fill in your PC Specs : https://rog.asus.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile).

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Also on the hardware side (given that the front panel is made/designed by the manufacturer of your case), check all the wiring from your 12-1 pin Audio Front Panel header (AAFP) port on your motherboard going through your front panel to your audio equipment (speakers/headset/headphone). Also, check which type of 3.5mm jack supports your front panel and which type of 3.5mm jack you are looking to connect (if they are different you will need an adapter) :

Note : Please indicate your motherboard (either in your post or fill in your PC Specs : https://rog.asus.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile).

Hi, sorry, I have STRIX z690-F Gaming MB with ALC4080 on board (bios 1304). The PC-case is Fractal design Meshify 2. Will try to check the wires, while i tried several 3.5mm jacks (4 and 2 - regular stereo and stero+mic), none worked from front panel while working ok from MB backpanel.
So in case wires are ok - I go for full driver-software reinstallation per your instructions?

for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

How soon do you expect to release it? Maybe I better wait for it than manual reinstall)))

And by the way, files you post here - is it official driver versions? or beta/modded?

Ataemonus
Level 11
Thank you.

Ataemonus
Level 11
Thank you, Mokichu.

neggie
Level 7
been so long since i posted and kinda lost with all the info here. can someone please tell me which drivers im suppose to use for the Maximus XIII Hero WIFI? and do i need to update the audio firmware i keep hearing about? thanks everyone you the best 🙂

neggie wrote:
been so long since i posted and kinda lost with all the info here. can someone please tell me which drivers im suppose to use for the Maximus XIII Hero WIFI? and do i need to update the audio firmware i keep hearing about? thanks everyone you the best 🙂

Hi,

Also, updates your Realtek USB Audio Firmware to the last if it is not done yet.

Is this the correct driver for the x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi)? I noticed these drivers support ALC408x codec, and I don't believe this motherboard has it.

Thanks!

jamarrb103 wrote:
Is this the correct driver for the x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi)? I noticed these drivers support ALC408x codec, and I don't believe this motherboard has it.

Thanks!

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx).

thank you mokichu this driver better than offical,the offcial driver lack of surround sound i prefer this driver than official website

KraZy_SkitZy
Level 7
Personally I have used [Cracked drivers]
Been very reliable and good.