cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40 & Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]

ASUS ROG SS/SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS PRIME DTS:X Ultra motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD - AM4/AM5) : ASUS ROG motherboards with AMD 5xx/6xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.
Hardware requirements (AMD - sTRX4) : ASUS ROG/PRIME motherboards with AMD TRX40 chipset.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG motherboards with Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
820 REPLIES 820

TaergEno wrote:
Hi @MoKiChU,

Is this Firmware for any Realtek USB Audio Motherboard? (I have the Crosshair VIII Extreme X570 board).

Hi,

Yes, the last Realtek USB Audio Firmware (https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/01AUDIO/USB_Audio_FW_Update_Tool_VID0B05_2021-11-25_ASUS.zip) is for any ASUS Realtek USB Audio based motherboards :

ASUS ROG motherboards with Intel/AMD 5xx/6xx series chipsets with ALC408x codec.
ASUS ROG/PRIME motherboards with AMD TRX40 chipset.

REMINDER : Run the tool as administrator.

is it normal that the driver for an Optical/Digital Output gets installed as well? My mainboard does not have such an audio output.

Also, why is Spatial Audio / DTS Headphone:X / Dolby Atmos for Headphones not available on any device connected to the rear I/O?
For the Digital Output it is possible to select spatial audio though. But since I don't have such an output I can't plug anything in there.
HDMI devices work as well.

I've already tried all steps mentioned on the 1st page of this thread regarding clean install/uninstall but yet I had no success getting it to work.
I'm not even sure if this works at all with the Realtek UAD

piratino
Level 9
Hello,
I have noticed that now in my DTS Sound Unbound app it says that I have to pay for the dts and dts:x services... Weren't they for free with my ASUS ROG Z590-I motherboard?? After first install of these drivers I saw them both active!! I also see a "Try" for 14 days button, rather than only the "Buy" option, and I am pretty sure I haven't tried it before...

Will the DTS Sound Unbound work also on other sound devices rather than the Realtek audio card?

Thanks.

piratino wrote:
Hello,
I have noticed that now in my DTS Sound Unbound app it says that I have to pay for the dts and dts:x services... Weren't they for free with my ASUS ROG Z590-I motherboard?? After first install of these drivers I saw them both active!! I also see a "Try" for 14 days button, rather than only the "Buy" option, and I am pretty sure I haven't tried it before...

Will the DTS Sound Unbound work also on other sound devices rather than the Realtek audio card?

Thanks.

Hi,

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

As a reminder, you have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

As a reminder, you have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) Gen2 from the first post of this thread.

Thanks! So I have an issue as DTS should be for free for me....
Never had one in so many months, so I bet I can consider my self lucky 🙂
Will update.

Ataemonus
Level 11
Thank you.

umiumi223
Level 7
Microsoft PnP ユーティリティ

処理情報: dtsapo4ultraAsusextensionpkg.inf

hi. during the process , i v got stuck this process.

in this case , can i restart Gen2 cmd?

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Third Party DTS APO4x Ext Driver have been updated for these drivers packages :

MoKiChU wrote:
- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :
Drivers : 6.3.9600.2307 WHQL [10/11/2021]

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :
Drivers : 6.3.9600.2307 WHQL [10/11/2021]

Thread, post & drivers packages updated.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

- Third Party DTS APO4x Ext Driver have been updated for these drivers packages :

Thread, post & drivers packages updated.

Hi MoKiChU,

I just downloaded the drivers from the link on the first page (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB), but I noticed the Install Gen1 and Gen2 cmd files are not there. All I see now is a single Install.cmd file.

Was this changed back to a single install.cmd file and removal of the Gen1/Gen2 option?

MoKiChU
Level 40
umiumi223 wrote:
Microsoft PnP ユーティリティ

処ç�†æƒ…å*±: dtsapo4ultraAsusextensionpkg.inf

hi. during the process , i v got stuck this process.

in this case , can i restart Gen2 cmd?

Hi,

Just be patient, DTS APO4x Extension Driver folder contains more than 6260 files in more than 220 subfolders.