cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40 & Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]

ASUS ROG SS/SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS PRIME DTS:X Ultra motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD - AM4/AM5) : ASUS ROG motherboards with AMD 5xx/6xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.
Hardware requirements (AMD - sTRX4) : ASUS ROG/PRIME motherboards with AMD TRX40 chipset.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG motherboards with Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
820 REPLIES 820

MoKiChU
Level 40
roadczar wrote:
Thanks! I followed the instructions ... unfortunately all sound is still coming from the center speaker. Thinking RMA is required.

I doubt this is a hardware issue, check this FAQ : https://rog.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045991.

If this did not allow you to solve your issue, contact ASUS Support and/or open a thread here : ROG Care - Hardware & Software Support

piratino wrote:
Hello and Merry Christmas! 😮
Last "internal" update for 6.3.9600.2307 is only for Gen1, right? I see that all version numbers in Gen2 are the same.
Thank you

Hi,

Correct.

MoKiChU wrote:
I doubt this is a hardware issue, check this FAQ : https://rog.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045991.

If this did not allow you to solve your issue, contact ASUS Support and/or open a thread here : ROG Care - Hardware & Software Support

Well ... after spending good part of my day troubleshooting I believe it is fried logic board in my amp. 😞 I have new sound system being delivered next week. I'll update this thread when I get it.

I Don't remember this being a thing when I was on my z370 hero board but maybe I didn't pay attention but since switching to the z590 hero. I get a tiny crackle/pop ONLY at the beginning of certain sounds like system sounds or logging into a discord channel. Never music/games/any other audio. All is perfectly clean during playback. Only a slight sound at the beginning of those sounds. What could that be? I've checked all connections (z906 logitech system) and I run Optical output.

kernolsz28 wrote:
I Don't remember this being a thing when I was on my z370 hero board but maybe I didn't pay attention but since switching to the z590 hero. I get a tiny crackle/pop ONLY at the beginning of certain sounds like system sounds or logging into a discord channel. Never music/games/any other audio. All is perfectly clean during playback. Only a slight sound at the beginning of those sounds. What could that be? I've checked all connections (z906 logitech system) and I run Optical output.

Same on my z690 strix A, but it does it on my creative AE-5 as well, guess it's a windows thing.

roadczar wrote:
Well ... after spending good part of my day troubleshooting I believe it is fried logic board in my amp. 😞 I have new sound system being delivered next week. I'll update this thread when I get it.

Looks like it was amp problem after all. For anyone having sound problems with the Logitech Z906: try the following steps to resolve it:
1. Turn off Z906 by pressing the power button on the console.
2. After the Z906 is switched off press and hold the "input" button for about 10 seconds.
3. Turn Z906 back on. It should now be reset and working.

eagle_23_
Level 7
Hello, i have the problem when i install the Realtek USD Audio Driver my System (Win 11, Asus Z690I ) is getting very slow. Everything needs 20-30sec still it loads or does not react anymore. Browser, Apps everything hang till it opens. Is there any solution ?

thanks

@MoKiChU: Thank you for keeping us updated!

What would be the MINIMUM installation in order to use everything crucial and DTS Unbound? I really would like to avoid any kind of Asus/Realtek bloatware.Â*Â*

MoKiChU
Level 40
eagle*23* wrote:
Hello, i have the problem when i install the Realtek USD Audio Driver my System (Win 11, Asus Z690I ) is getting very slow. Everything needs 20-30sec still it loads or does not react anymore. Browser, Apps everything hang till it opens. Is there any solution ?

thanks

Hi,

To begin with :

- Updates your BIOS and your Realtek USB Audio Firmware to the last to the last

In a second time :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

In a third time :

You need these other firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix Z690-I Gaming WiFi motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H610/B660/H670/Z690)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx

[DRIVERS] Intel GNA (5xx/6xx)

[DRIVERS] Intel Serial IO/Thunderbolt (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Serial IO Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx

- Intel Thunderbolt Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I225

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8xxx/9xxx/AXxxx

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

To begin with :

In a second time :

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) Gen2 from the first post of this thread.

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

In a third time :

You need these other firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix Z690-I Gaming WiFi motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (Z690)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Serial IO/Thunderbolt (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Serial IO Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx

- Intel Thunderbolt Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I22x-V (2.5GbE)

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 94xx/95xx/AX2xx

Hi,

The UAD/DCH drivers being modular, you can install your drivers by these different types of install from the most complete to the lightest :

So since you want DTS Sound Unbound but you don't want anything from Realtek or ASUS (A-Volute stuff for ASUS more precisely), follow Microsoft Built-in install type, then manually install your DTS Sound Unbound built-in license/driver : Right click on dtsapo4ultraAsusextensionpkg.inf (in AUDIO_Realtek_USB_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_MB_v6.3.9600.xxxx\ThirdParty\DTS\DTS_UWP_APO4x_Asus_EXT_1.10.x.x folder) > Install > Wait for the message "The operation completed successfully" or for restart request > Install DTS Sound Unbound : Link.

thank you very much. I did so. It looks that i found the solution. Sonic Studio 3 is the App what makes this problems and slow down the whole system. Deleted it and now it looks fine.

EDIT: still some app freezes sometimes but not more so often and long

EDIT 2: today i did a clean install from Win 11 and now verything works great

MoKiChU wrote:

- Updates your Realtek USB Audio Firmware to the last (to run as admin) : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/01AUDIO/USB_Audio_FW_Update_Tool_VID0B05_2021-11-25_ASUS.zip

Hi @MoKiChU,

Is this Firmware for any Realtek USB Audio Motherboard? (I have the Crosshair VIII Extreme X570 board).