cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40 & Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Legacy) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2355 WHQL [09/03/2023]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]

ASUS ROG SS/SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2379 WHQL [21/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS PRIME DTS:X Ultra motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek USB Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD - AM4/AM5) : ASUS ROG motherboards with AMD 5xx/6xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.
Hardware requirements (AMD - sTRX4) : ASUS ROG/PRIME motherboards with AMD TRX40 chipset.
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG motherboards with Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets with ALC40xx codec.

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
821 REPLIES 821

ferums wrote:
Hi MoKiChU,

I'm planning to buy a ROG STRIX Z690-I GAMING WIFI. As I understand, I need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB Gen2) for this motherboard, right?
Also, if I delete ThirdParty folder and comment out lines from "Install.cmd" that are referring to this folder, I will get only basic Realtek audio driver? If so, does Windows will not to try automatically install Sonic Studio, Sonic Radar and DTS crap? I just don't need any of them and I don't care about EQ in Realtek Audio Console app, because I will use Dolby Atmos from Store.

Anyway, thank you for updating this thread frequently, you are real MVP.

Hello.... you don't need to do anything, with the MoKiChU driver package only the drivers are installed, use that one, the rest is optional, as described in the description....
BUT I am also interested in how you can make it so that the basic realtek console is installed,not the ROG one,because the basic one has much more,the ROG one has a few things disabled,I don't need anything else but loudness and a high sound highlight, but the sonic gives me echo in some games,it's like playing in a church whatever I set it to,if I delete it it goes away,but it's all so dull,I need the basic RLT console. .... 🙂

Rocket Scientist wrote:
How about this one? If you have it, then enable it and disable again, even if it was disabled by default (because of Win11 bug).
If you don't have it then you can uninstall Realtek audio drivers and use default Microsoft driver, as temporary solution. It should remove "church effect". Almost all Realtek audio settings (like Sonic Studio 3) won't work without enhancements enabled anyway.

Thanks a lot .... a driver reinstall has been released, but now I'm a little confused what to disable and what to allow?
That's good? This church echo goes to my brain ... 🙂

TaergEno
Level 7
Can anyone tell me the difference between these drivers and the ones on the Support Page for the Specific Motherboard?

AguchoB
Level 7
Hi guys and Mokichu, I wanted to tell you that these drivers (Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB Gen2):
Drivers: 6.3.9600.2303 WHQL [09/28/2021])
improved remarkably and decreased the problem of static and frying sound of my mother Z590-e, although sometimes it still happens when it comes to making several repeated clicks on youtube or video players or spotify for example but when that happens what I do is restart the windows audio service, but in general its improve, hopefully these drivers will continue to improve and getting better in the future so we can enjoy all the benefits of this fabulous mother in peace.

MoKiChU
Level 40
ScomComputers LTD. wrote:
Hello.... you don't need to do anything, with the MoKiChU driver package only the drivers are installed, use that one, the rest is optional, as described in the description....
BUT I am also interested in how you can make it so that the basic realtek console is installed,not the ROG one,because the basic one has much more,the ROG one has a few things disabled,I don't need anything else but loudness and a high sound highlight, but the sonic gives me echo in some games,it's like playing in a church whatever I set it to,if I delete it it goes away,but it's all so dull,I need the basic RLT console. .... 🙂

Hi,

He knows what he's doing, he wants to get rid of all Third Party stuff (not just app, but app and drivers), and he does it knowingly, because he knows this won't bring back a working equalizer in Realtek Audio Control.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

He knows what he's doing, he wants to get rid of all Third Party stuff (not just app, but app and drivers), and he does it knowingly, because he knows this won't bring back a working equalizer in Realtek Audio Control.

The UAD/DCH drivers being modular, you can install your drivers by these different types of install from the most complete to the lightest :

Intended to work like this by ASUS :

- Full (EQ will be in the S33 app) : Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process.

Not intended to work like this by ASUS (at your own risk) :

- Realtek Only (EQ in Realtek Audio Control will not work) : Delete the ThirdParty folder from AUDIO_Realtek_USB_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_MB_Gen2_v6.3.9600.xxxx folder then follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process (without installing SS3 & DTS apps).

- Minimal (such as Microsoft built-in drivers, without Realtek app) : Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process > Right click on RtDUsbAD_asus.inf (in AUDIO_Realtek_USB_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_MB_Gen2_v6.3.9600.xxxx\Realtek\CodecUsb_xxxx folder) > Install > Wait for the message "The operation completed successfully" or for restart request.

So to sum up, this is expected by ASUS to work like this (when a Third Party apps/drivers is bundled with the Realtek audio drivers package type, the equalization is done via the Third Party app), if this does not suit you, since this occurring with drivers package from your motherboard support page (and therefore that it is not specific to the drivers that I propose) : Open a ticket with ASUS Support.

Thank you very much for following the instructions,only without the driver "third party"...the console won't start,with this error,even though the services are running...so Asus disabled the basic RLT Console,too bad because it worked fine for me on the Z590 board,with the same sound card..sorry...I don't need anything else but a loudness and a high pitch highlight.... :confused:

kernolsz28
Level 7
Im running the 6.3.9600.2276 on my z590 hero board, im correct to want to use the gen 2 6.3.9600.2303 one right? I just want to keep up with the updates. Thank you.

tadekm
Level 9
ASUS put on their website new driver Version 6.3.9600.2307 for Z-590 A Gaming WiFi
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z590-a-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_download

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2307 WHQL [10/11/2021]

Third Party Drivers :

SS3 Extension Driver : 1.3.15.0 WHQL [08/10/2021]
SS3 VAD Media Driver : 1.0.2.0 WHQL [14/10/2021]
SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver : 3.5.1.0 WHQL [27/10/2021]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.10.13.0 WHQL [23/11/2021]

Download : Link

- Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

Drivers : 6.3.9600.2307 WHQL [10/11/2021]

Third Party Drivers :

DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.10.13.0 WHQL [23/11/2021]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.7.0 WHQL [01/12/2021]
DTS APO4x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.10.11.0 WHQL [24/11/2021]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.1.0 WHQL [22/09/2021]

Download : Link

Thread updated.

Ataemonus
Level 11
Thank you very much.