cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,047 REPLIES 3,047

RobikV3
Level 8

Hello ive recently builty a new PC with a ASUS TUF Z790 Plus Wifi DDR5 motherboard, and I absolutely hate the audio on my speakers with the DTS app is there a version of a driver that has the normal equalizer in realtek instead of the DTS app? Or do I have to resort to 3rd party app to correct it?

Hi,

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Audio Processing motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Also about EQ, since you have an ASUS TUF DTS Audio Processing motherboard, it is by design, it's intended to work like this at least for ASUS products : If a third party app is built-in (DTS Audio Processing in your case), the equalization is done via the third party app/drivers.

Hey thanks for the reply! So basically im stuck with the useless DTS app then, I miss my Nahimic from MSI it was so easy to use and tweak the sound how I wanted.

Are the drivers you posted different from the ones automatically downloaded by Asus's software? I dont know the difference between them

Hey Robik, if you really want Nahimic, you can use the AAF Optimus drivers from this link: LINK REMOVED PER MOKICHU. (If you would still like it, please PM me.)

From what I understand now, these drivers here are basically just the manufacturer spec driver but Mokichu is keeping them updated since the manufacturers typically quit updating their drivers a few years after release.  It's really cool that he is doing that and if you have one of the ROG boards that have the more advanced EQ type apps included then you are good to go.  But for me, I have a lower end board which didn't come with much of the advanced audio stuff in it.

The cool thing with AAF Optimus is he has all of the different EQ type apps in his driver and you can pick which one you want to install.  The secret with it is that you need to check the EQ type app you want and uncheck all of the rest of them.  So for Realtek, you check the patched Realtek driver, and then for you it would be Nahimic and then the ASIO driver if you want it.  Everything else unchecked and you should have Nahimic back.

If you just want what the original Realtek driver had when it was Realtek Audio Manager and you had all the different things like EQ, Bass Management, Room Correction, Voice changer, etc, then just check the Realtek patched driver, the ASIO driver and boom, you should have all of that functionality back.

Took me awhile to figure out how to get what I wanted but I am happy now!

Oh my god you might have saved my sanity jsut now thank you so much! I didnt know I could get it running with the new board, altough my old one used Nahimic 2 not the newest 3, this is by far the best setup I had so far!

Now that I know thats possible I might play around with drivers and see what works best for me
Thank you again guys for the help!

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent & Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Drivers have been updated for these drivers packages :

MoKiChU wrote:
- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :
Drivers : 6.0.9567.1 WHQL [23/08/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

Drivers : 6.0.9567.1 WHQL [23/08/2023]

Thread, post & drivers packages updated.

Hi MoKiChU, what about PRIME Z790-P? Which driver I must choose? Thank you in advance for your answer 🤗

Larision
Level 7

Hi, i have h670-plus d4 MB, im not sure what package should i download. Can you help me? tnxs.

Hi,

You have an ASUS PRIME Realtek motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Lot of thanks. i´ve one more doubt... asus released some days ago Intel Dynamic Tuning Technology (APO) Driver for my MB which installs in device manager a realtek audio effect component, should i install it once i finish with your guide? 

Thakns in advance.