cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,047 REPLIES 3,047

Thx @MoKiChU 😄

Melchior wrote:
Thx @MoKiChU 😄
DJ Asthma wrote:
Thanks once again you champion, perfect driver as usual, my hat goes off to you sir/madame.

Hi,

You're welcome.

DJ Asthma wrote:
Had a question about VAD Media Driver, I see windows attempts to install it as an optional update of the SS3-Only package (it is included in the SS3-DTS package but not in the SS3-Only package). Wanted to know why it is not included with the SS3-Only package?

SSVM (Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer) is built-in only with ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards but it is backwards compatible with ASUS ROG SS3 motherboards. I had included it in the ROG SS3 drivers package at the time but a lot of people complained about its presence and that they wanted to remove it because they did not want it.

In order to give ROG SS3 users a choice, here are the change made :

@ ROG SS3 users : You can install/use Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer, it's optional and it's done via a independent drivers package (to be used only once).
/!\ Note /!\ : If you want to uninstall it someday, you will have to follow your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process.

Thread updated.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You're welcome.

SSVM (Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer) is built-in only with ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards but it is backwards compatible with ASUS ROG SS3 motherboards. I had included it in the ROG SS3 drivers package at the time but a lot of people complained about its presence and that they wanted to remove it because they did not want it.

In order to give ROG SS3 users a choice, here are the change made :

@ ROG SS3 users : You can install/use Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer, it's optional and it's done via a independent drivers package (to be used only once). Refer to your INSTALL process. /!\ Note /!\ : If you want to uninstall it someday, you will have to follow your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process.

Thread updated.

Thank you for the prompt response, and the update links. I did not know it was specifically for the SSVM (yes i see it in the driver listing, but wanted confirmation due to what windows was doing), but I understand why windows is trying to give it as an optional update via windows update - as it tries to cover both sets of bords who use nahimic enhancements.

I remember when you split it, and still have the link/files to the first separate SSVM files to install it by itself 😄 . Enoy the rest of your day.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You're welcome, the 6.0.9200.1 version is the first WHQL certified for Windows 11.

Interesting:)

Thanks once again you champion, perfect driver as usual, my hat goes off to you sir/madame.

Had a question about VAD Media Driver, I see windows attempts to install it as an optional update of the SS3-Only package (it is included in the SS3-DTS package but not in the SS3-Only package). Wanted to know why it is not included with the SS3-Only package?

Cliff_S
Level 11
9215 sounds the same as 9209. First time I have heard no change:cool:

One of the videos I use for checking as the bass has subs, thump, punch, and great mids and high hats:

Cliff S wrote:
9215 sounds the same as 9209. First time I have heard no change:cool:

One of the videos I use for checking as the bass has subs, thump, punch, and great mids and high hats:

Just another time I have heard no change LOL I suppose you have better ears. Any idea how to fix the service thing? 😕

wvwvw wrote:
Just another time I have heard no change LOL I suppose you have better ears. Any idea how to fix the service thing? 😕

Are you absolutely sure you have only UAD drivers installed?

I once have a somewhat similar problem and found out I still had a HDA leftover, so I refollowed MoKiChUs clean install steps and added 2 more:
3. Run the following in an admin cmd prompt(copy & paste):

fsutil resource setautoreset true c: \&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /
StartComponentCleanup&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&Dism.exe /
Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause

7. Then open Regedit to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
and delete the keys to Realtek Audio
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Realtek\Audio
At this point it's good to run the registry cleaner in Ccleaner too
8. Reboot your system

Better yet here is a link to a SWAY I created about the clean up process and a list of the best UAD drivers:
https://sway.office.com/iTHVYO27NrOmLomN?ref=Link

Cliff S wrote:
Are you absolutely sure you have only UAD drivers installed?

I once have a somewhat similar problem and found out I still had a HDA leftover, so I refollowed MoKiChUs clean install steps and added 2 more:
3. Run the following in an admin cmd prompt(copy & paste):

fsutil resource setautoreset true c: \&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /
StartComponentCleanup&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&Dism.exe /
Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause

7. Then open Regedit to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
and delete the keys to Realtek Audio
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Realtek\Audio
At this point it's good to run the registry cleaner in Ccleaner too
8. Reboot your system

Better yet here is a link to a SWAY I created about the clean up process and a list of the best UAD drivers:
https://sway.office.com/iTHVYO27NrOmLomN?ref=Link

gonna try, for now the thing mokichu said in internet options fixed it idk why he deleted post (I mean he linked user who solved the issue that way)

wvwvw wrote:
I get asked click ok to run rtk service when I turn on pc. How do I fix this crap?

Never had this issue before.

wvwvw wrote:
for now the thing mokichu said in internet options fixed it idk why he deleted post (I mean he linked user who solved the issue that way)

Hi,

Yes I linked you the solution that someone else had used to solve his issue, but I deleted my post because the solution is too brutal from a security point of view, so please rollback the Launching applications and unsafe files (not secure) setting from Enabled to Prompt, delete the downloaded Realtek Audio drivers package then follow this process to fix more finely your issue (which could be useful to other people and not only for the drivers packages that I offer) :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Launch then type gpedit.msc > OK
- User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
- Do not preserve zone information in file attachment : Enabled > OK

Once done, restart your PC then re-download/extract the Realtek Audio drivers package for your motherboard type & re-follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.