cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,047 REPLIES 3,047

@Deaudouce wrote:

Hello,

I have an "Asus TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI" motherboard. What are the correct drivers to use?

I assume it's the  "UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP" version, after comparing files with the original drivers on the Asus website.

Regards

Hi,

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Audio Processing motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Thank you for your reply!

Aysberg
Level 10

I did a fresh install of Windows 11 on my ASUS Dark Hero board and installed the latest AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_v6.0.9492.1 driver package according to the instruction.

When I download the DTS Unbound App from the store, it's not licensed. Is this a known problem, should I install the original drivers from the ASUS page first?

@Aysberg wrote:

I did a fresh install of Windows 11 on my ASUS Dark Hero board and installed the latest AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_v6.0.9492.1 driver package according to the instruction.

When I download the DTS Unbound App from the store, it's not licensed. Is this a known problem, should I install the original drivers from the ASUS page first?

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

@MoKiChU Thanks, using the wrong driver, no wonder it didn't work. Now DTS Unbound is licensed, only the Realtek Audio Control is missing now 🙂 But that's no problem and maybe it gets installed with some updates.

xAofJustice
Level 7

Hey I really need help. I did a Clean install of "Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3)" , my Motherboard is the Asus Rog Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC), everything is working fine besides 1 problem that is bothering me:

The Amplifier under "Speakers" is set to Extreme on my part and when I start a Game the "Plify" parts disappears and gets reset to "performance" , then I have to take out the 3,5mm cord and put it in again or reset the Port with "Advanced System settings" to get the Amplify setting appear again and set it to Extreme again. I can't find anything on google sadly.

1. More question. My Motherboard is SS3 but can I download a DTS version and make it work? Last time I tried and it got stuck in the install process so I cleaned all again and installed the normal ss3 again.

@xAofJustice wrote:

Hey I really need help. I did a Clean install of "Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3)" , my Motherboard is the Asus Rog Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC), everything is working fine besides 1 problem that is bothering me:

The Amplifier under "Speakers" is set to Extreme on my part and when I start a Game the "Plify" parts disappears and gets reset to "performance" , then I have to take out the 3,5mm cord and put it in again or reset the Port with "Advanced System settings" to get the Amplify setting appear again and set it to Extreme again. I can't find anything on google sadly.

Hi,

It is the anti-cheat of your game that generates this side effect, this has already been reported to ASUS Support and "the issue is caused by the games and cannot be fixed on their side" : https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/previous-forum/a-volute-and-nahimic-stuff-not-getting-fetched-automati...

1. More question. My Motherboard is SS3 but can I download a DTS version and make it work? Last time I tried and it got stuck in the install process so I cleaned all again and installed the normal ss3 again.

You cannot choose a drivers package type, each drivers package type is dedicated to each motherboards type. But you can try/buy DTS Sound Unbound or Dolby Access in addition according to your needs.

**bleep**. This always happends when playing The Witcher 3 but it does get annoying after a certain time. Crazy that it wasn't a thing on Windows 10 but is now on Windows 11, people telling the same stuff. 

Also have you heared about workarounds that may work in this case? Maybe something like "anti write protections" or something? Crazy Asus doesn't even care about it anymore too. 

Thanks for the reply!! 

rusTORK
Level 8

>>>So you generated your issue yourself by doing things that are not in the CLEANUP process.

Yes, pretty much. At the same time, if think about it. Such "clean install" allowed me to roll system condition to default state when no Realtek in the system at all. Well... almost no, some keys are still left in RegEdit and i saw them. But this particular key "RtkAudUService64" i deleted from RegEdit.

I thought that if i do new drivers install - it will create it again. And iin fact it did. Just didn't enable it. Maybe system remember that user previously disable it and just keep it this way. I have no idea. Now i know.

>>>I didn't make SS3 Cleaner. SS3 Cleaner was made and signed by the creators of SS3 (A-Volute), altering even the smallest bit would break the digital signature (you can check the SHA256 digital signature in the file properties).

Oh, O.K. That change things.

>>>You should be happy that Microsoft allows the use of the Microsoft Store without a Microsoft user account for the apps without in-app purchases (most apps stores won't let you through store doors without an user account).

I should be happy that Microsoft allows me download Windows 11 Pro from their site and install it in first place. I can't purchase it or activate it. And probably can't in near future... So, Microsoft account isn't a biggest problem in general.

>>>or just don't use my audio drivers package...

Nah, it's really nice. Simple, easy installation, proper instructions. Huge work is done.

>>>as reminder, I do not work for ASUS

I wonder why such big company as ASUS can't do this. They really should pay for such work. In fact, it will solve so many software issues with installing\cleaning.

>>>You cannot choose a drivers package type, each drivers package type is dedicated to each motherboards type.

So, in my case i must use "ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound", but what to do if i don't need that DTS Sound Unbound to be installed (for example)? Delete in installer line "pnputil /a ThirdParty\DTS\DTS_UWP_APO4x_Asus_EXT_1.11.18.0\dtsapo4ultraAsusextensionpkg.inf /i"?

@rusTORK wrote:

I should be happy that Microsoft allows me download Windows 11 Pro from their site and install it in first place. I can't purchase it or activate it. And probably can't in near future... So, Microsoft account isn't a biggest problem in general.

Ah, I guess you are Russian (I am French), I'm sincerely sorry for you, these unilateral sanctions are useless and won't bring peace.

@rusTORK wrote:

So, in my case i must use "ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound", but what to do if i don't need that DTS Sound Unbound to be installed (for example)? Delete in installer line "pnputil /a ThirdParty\DTS\DTS_UWP_APO4x_Asus_EXT_1.11.18.0\dtsapo4ultraAsusextensionpkg.inf /i"?

Correct, or delete the DTS folder from AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_v6.0.xxxx.x\Drivers\ThirdParty folder.​