cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9648.1 WHQL [26/02/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.13.3.0 WHQL [22/11/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.13.3.0 WHQL [22/11/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,019 REPLIES 3,019

B3cks.B1er wrote:
Hello MoKiChU,
which is the correct driver for the "ASUS ROG Strix B660-G Gaming Wifi mAtx" Board?
Thank you very much.

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Hi MoKiChU
I have GA401QC which drivers i should use, Thank you for your support.

B3cks.B1er wrote:
Hello MoKiChU,
which is the correct driver for the "ASUS ROG Strix B660-G Gaming Wifi mAtx" Board?
Thank you very much.

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

ethylina wrote:
Hi MoKiChU
I have GA401QC which drivers i should use, Thank you for your support.

Hi,

What I offer is AIMed for motherboards, please refer to your product support page to download the appropriate drivers for your product.

ahfoo
Level 13
Thank you MoKiChU once again.

Thank you again!, every driver and uninstall has been really simple as ever. Driver Store Explorer is litteraly a dream tool.

Hey there, MoKiChU . Thanks for all that you do here. Until recently, I had the x570 TUF Gaming Pro wifi board, and have been using the drivers you post here since shortly after I got it and discovered your posts here.

Now, with the new x670/E and b650/E motherboards coming out with upgraded 2.5gig LAN, Wifi6e and SupremeFX/ALC4080 audio codecs, there are bound to be a lot of us who are upgrading, and aren't sure specifically which chipsets are on our new boards, and which drivers from you.

Any chance of a guide for which chipsets we have on which new boards, and which drivers we'll need? Or if they're not here currently, will they be added or put in a new thread?

Personally, I just bought the ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING WIFI. (Note that there are several variations of the Strix X670E, in A, F, E and I variants, with slightly varying features and presumably chipsets.) I haven't installed it yet, and figured I'd be better off starting with the latest drivers to avoid possible conflicts.

Thanks again! I'm posting this both here and in the Ethernet/wifi/bluetooth thread.

davidhhh wrote:
Hey there, MoKiChU . Thanks for all that you do here. Until recently, I had the x570 TUF Gaming Pro wifi board, and have been using the drivers you post here since shortly after I got it and discovered your posts here.

Now, with the new x670/E and b650/E motherboards coming out with upgraded 2.5gig LAN, Wifi6e and SupremeFX/ALC4080 audio codecs, there are bound to be a lot of us who are upgrading, and aren't sure specifically which chipsets are on our new boards, and which drivers from you.

Any chance of a guide for which chipsets we have on which new boards, and which drivers we'll need? Or if they're not here currently, will they be added or put in a new thread?

Personally, I just bought the ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING WIFI. (Note that there are several variations of the Strix X670E, in A, F, E and I variants, with slightly varying features and presumably chipsets.) I haven't installed it yet, and figured I'd be better off starting with the latest drivers to avoid possible conflicts.

Thanks again! I'm posting this both here and in the Ethernet/wifi/bluetooth thread.

Hi,

You need these drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming WiFi motherboard :

[DRIVERS] AMD Chipset/RAID (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/TRX40)

- AMD Chipset Drivers

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I225/I226

[DRIVERS] AMD|MediaTek WiFi/Bluetooth

- AMD|MediaTek WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only)

- AMD|MediaTek Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of the thread.

A ROG STRIX B760-I GAMING WIFI is coming to me in the next few days. Which audio drivers should I use?

OLD

NEW

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

In order to prevent Armoury Crate from trying to install its own audio drivers packages because it can't detect my audio drivers packages, the drivers packages architecture and the processes from the first post of this thread has been optimized. So :

- If you are already using my drivers packages : Download the appropriate drivers package type for your motherboard type and follow this process (for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process) :

- Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > "Next" > The installer will ask you to uninstall your current drivers > "Next"
- Then it will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"
- Then at startup it will automatically launch the installation of new drivers > "Next"
- Then it will ask you to restart your PC > "Finish"

- If you are not already using my drivers packages : Download the appropriate drivers package type for your motherboard type (if you can't figure out which one, ask me) and follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process (for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process).

tcmathews wrote:
Mokichu,

I have the Asus Z690 Maximus Extreme. Can you tell me what drivers are needed for my audio install? Armory crate tried to install the latests and I got the following error:

Faulting application name: rundll32.exe, version: 10.0.22621.1, time stamp: 0xb05d6072
Faulting module name: RtSetupAPI64.dll, version: 1.0.0.14, time stamp: 0x5bcd76b7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000017ffe
Faulting process id: 0x0x7EC4
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D8EAE77A6EC852
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Audio\USBAud\RtSetupAPI64.dll
Report Id: a35294fe-a72c-4fc9-a061-82abe5577d17
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (Intel 5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 5xx/6xx/TRX40).

Hi,

i upgraded from W10 21H2 to W11 22H2 and from this time i have trouble with my sound.

Sound is not so dynamic and the option for setting "plify" mode is missing so my headphones are on a really low volume.
The strange thing, sometimes the settings are there and after a view minutes it dissapears.

It tried some uninstall and install, change from win32 to Control Panels from Store but the problem is the same.
In addition it is confusing for me.
Realtek Audio Console, Sonic Studio, what do i need?

Can someone tell me what driver from this post will be the best one from my board?

And does someone else has the problems with the missing amplify settings and headphone impedance?

Thank you so much.

KR
Joachim