cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,049 REPLIES 3,049

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

- DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver & Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver have been updated for these drivers packages :

MoKiChU wrote:
- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :
Drivers : 6.0.9374.1 WHQL [30/06/2022]

- DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver have been updated for this drivers package :

MoKiChU wrote:

Thread, post & drivers packages updated.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

- SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver have been updated for these drivers packages :

MoKiChU wrote:
- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3) :

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

- SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver have been updated for these drivers packages :

MoKiChU wrote:
- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3) :

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

ahfoo
Level 13
Thank you for you another driver update @MakiChu

Cliff_S
Level 11
Wow for me today chipset and Realtek, thanks MoKiChU :cool:

Ataemonus
Level 11
THank you, Mokichu.

RamGuy
Level 7
This might sound stupid, but what are the advantages of running the Realtek drivers these days? Granted I only use the onboard audio on my Asus Z690 Maximus Hero for line-in from my Mac mini, I have Hegel HD12 + Schiit Magnius amplifier for output. But I've played around using Windows 11 21H2 (22000.xxx) and 22H2 (22621/2.xxx) using both the native Microsoft High Definition Audio Drivers and the Realtek USB drivers. The only noticeble difference to me is the ability to run the Realtek Audio Controller software and Sonic Radar software which doesn't seem to really add much unless you need it to make things somewhat more userfriendly.

One thing I noticed myself when using line-in is that when I use the Realtek USB audio drivers it utilises the "Legacy Kernel Caller" in Windows when listening to the line-in, as the name entails this is outdated and legacy way of doing things. When using the native Microsoft drivers this is not the case. A huge benefit of using the native drivers is that my system is actually able to go to sleep while using line-in to have audio from my Mac mini. As a result of the Realtek USB audio drivers utilizing the "Legacy Kernel Caller" when listening to line-in Windows is incapable of going to sleep on its own. I'll have to enter the sleep state manually.

Another thing I've noticed while using the Realtek USB audio drivers is how the Windows Volume Mixer keeps on resetting after a reboot. I use the Windows Volume Mixer extensively to balance audio between applications. Really annoying to have Microsoft Edge jump from my preferred 60% back to 100% after a reboot. When using the native Microsoft High Definition Audio Drivers this never happens.

Am I missing something here? I always keep my drivers up-to-date so by default I would always get the latest drivers directly from the manufacturer. But with these audio drivers I'm starting to get confused as they seem to be inferior compared to the ones supplied natively by Microsoft in various ways.

This is no hate on the thread as a whole, you are doing lords work here MoKiChU! Its so great to have threads like these as Asus themselves are rather poor at keeping their asus.com/support pages up-to-date when it comes to anything other than BIOS/UEFI Firmware updates.

Ataemonus
Level 11
Thank you for the update, Mokichu.

Desverger
Level 7
i thought that same but i had to be sure 🙂
Thanks

ahfoo
Level 13
Thank you MoKiChU.