cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

Drivers : 66.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,028 REPLIES 3,028

I have an X470-F mobo and there always was an equalizer in Realtek Audio Console up until I installed the latest 9264 driver, now it's gone.

fredengl wrote:
new drivers seems to remove audio enhancement in realtek control panel
Long_Y0! wrote:
I have an X470-F mobo and there always was an equalizer in Realtek Audio Console up until I installed the latest 9264 driver, now it's gone.

Hi,

This has always been the case :

With regard to ASUS products, if Third Party app using an APO (SS3, DTS:X Ultra, DTS Headphone:X v1, DTS Custom ...) is installed, the equalization is done via Third Party app, if Third Party app is not installed, the equalization is done via Realtek Audio Control/Console app (except for SPDIF where in all cases the EQ will be in Realtek Audio Control).

So uninstall SS3 apps, you will see EQ in Realtek Audio Control.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

This has always been the case :

With regard to ASUS products, if Third Party app using an APO (SS3, DTS:X Ultra, DTS Headphone:X v1, DTS Custom ...) is installed, the equalization is done via Third Party app, if Third Party app is not installed, the equalization is done via Realtek Audio Control/Console app (except for SPDIF where in all cases the EQ will be in Realtek Audio Control).

So uninstall SS3 apps, you will see EQ in Realtek Audio Control.

I don't have any DTS or SS3 apps installed with my B550-F but I still can't see the equalizer in Realtek Audio Console with the newer drivers. I used to disable the DTS service before to get the equalizer to show up but the newer drivers don't install that service so it can't be disabled. I also don't recall ever having the equalizer show up for SPDIF in the Audio Console during the year of owning this motherboard with many different drivers.

twone wrote:
I don't have any DTS or SS3 apps installed with my B550-F but I still can't see the equalizer in Realtek Audio Console with the newer drivers. I used to disable the DTS service before to get the equalizer to show up but the newer drivers don't install that service so it can't be disabled. I also don't recall ever having the equalizer show up for SPDIF in the Audio Console during the year of owning this motherboard with many different drivers.

Follow this :

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process (without installing SS3 apps).

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Follow this :

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process (without installing SS3 apps).

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Hey, thanks for your time to answer!

I always do this before installing a new driver version.
Manually uninstall everything -> run Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode to remove the Realtek driver -> run Driver Store Explorer to force delete any leftovers -> run SS3 Cleaner -> install new driver without installing DTS or SS3 apps.

However it makes no difference, there's still no equalizer for speakers nor SPDIF. Also the DTS service doesn't get installed since the SS3-DTS driver package got updated earlier this month, I used to disable this service before to get equalizer to show up in Realtek Audio Console for speakers.

twone wrote:
Hey, thanks for your time to answer!

I always do this before installing a new driver version.
Manually uninstall everything -> run Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode to remove the Realtek driver -> run Driver Store Explorer to force delete any leftovers -> run SS3 Cleaner -> install new driver without installing DTS or SS3 apps.

However it makes no difference, there's still no equalizer for speakers nor SPDIF. Also the DTS service doesn't get installed since the SS3-DTS driver package got updated earlier this month, I used to disable this service before to get equalizer to show up in Realtek Audio Console for speakers.

First of all, thanks MoKiChU for the hard work, much appreciated.

Now, same issue on my end too (same mobo using drivers UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS), no eq for SPDIF with drivers after 9250.1, after that drivers changed whatever and even after a clean windows reinstall the equalizer won`t show up unless I install 9250.1. I tried everything, clean up process, ddu, even clean windows install, maybe windows is installing some older drivers after restart and that is messing with these new drivers. For the time being I`m staying on 9250.1.

I am just sharing my experience about figuring out what did Z270E actually needed.
It was unclear in the beginning to which driver was needed and after searching
and reading this thread I saw a question pop-up couple of times.
So leaving this here, for someone who might be struggling.
Using this thread for 2-3 years already I think.
Time to give back.

[/HR]

My motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270-E

Driver Update to: Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3)
Drivers : 6.0.9384.1 WHQL [19/07/2022]

Major problem I am fighting for years: static noise when using line-in and front-panel ports
NB! Driver version as per time of writing

Reading through the thread Z270E falls under ASUS ROG SS3 motherboards
Note: If I made a mistake please give a note, I will correct it

Picture below: which manual you have to follow from the first post in this thread.

This link will take you to that exact post

[/HR]

ERRORS YOU CAN ENCOUNTER

• If you messed up with figuring out the right package Realtek Audio Control will fail to install/download from Windows Store. I did some experiments

• In some weird scenarios, I cannot honestly reproduce the steps... ou yeah, I did some experiments, if you messed up the identification of the correct package and then failed to remove all installed drivers, you will get errors and trouble as well. Just follow carefully the clean-up of that specific wrong package you installed and then once more the right package just in case. Then you should be golden. Be mindfull.

WORD ON REALTEK AUDIO CONTROL/CONSOLE & SONIC STUDIO III

Both of these packages are not directly available in the Microsoft App store as per writing of this post. At least from my region - Denmark.
Use either Link in the provided manual or use search to get the links to the official Microsoft Store Page on the web.

Personal Experience: Sonic Studio III is mainly used for audio routing, if you are not utilizing this software's capabilities you can skip installing it. I have been using different audio routing software and absence of SS3 did not harm me or audio performance in any way. You decide if you want it or not.

STATIC NOISE PROBLEM
with Asus Z270E when using front panel IO and line-in and possibly other ASUS motherboards.

It is for the first time I figured it out and fix gave some results. With other driver versions it did not work and at some point I just gave up and now I decided to try again.

Fix is simple.

Open Realtek Audio Control/Console and go to "Device Advanced Settigns"

Then Turn On/Select pointed out options on the picture below

After, if on the front panel you use only speaker/headphones make sure you plug the
selection for mic on the front panel as Front Speaker out/Rear speaker out

DO Not select Mic/Line-in for the front panel pink input.

Unless you are using it as such, otherwise you might be listening to outer space zen-mode sounds.

I use only front panel for the speaker, thus the example on the picture below.

PRO TIP: After all these manipulations if you use audio routing software or other audio devices are present in the system etc, THEN

DO NOT FORGET TO ALIGN ALL THE AUDIO QUALITY TO THE SAME LEVEL UNDER EACH DEVICE'S PROPERTIES

My case: couple of devices I use are able to only IN/OUTput max 44.1Khz 24bit so I am aligning all devices to be of that same level.
At least I have to allign all devices I use for audio routing, recording, forwarding when at least one
of them at 44.1Khz is present. Not to mess anything I just do alignment once and forget about
it until new audio device is introduced to the system.

SO WHAT DA HELL DID THAT SOLVE?
Static Noise is much lower that it was until now. Not fully gone though, but that I consider
normal and possibly can be solved with an upgrade to a quality sound cable. Overal sound experience
is so much better and I do not have a feeling that I could possible have a tinitus. I don't, I am sure now I don't 😉

Don't miss out on these tips
in the bottom of the first post

This link will take you to that exact post

DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS APPLY
in MSI node utility

I will remind our great Author's directions backwards.
Do not tick msi mode if in Supported Modes msi is not present. picture below

[/HR]
I hope this will help someone who is struggling or just getting around
advanced installations, clean installs and configurations.

ENJOY! OVER AND OUT.

Hi all,

I'm "happy" owner of TUF GAMING B460M-PLUS (WI-FI) motherboard. I have a problem with muffled sound. I did not install anything, I did not configure anything, only Windows updated once last week. I tried to install new sound card drivers through Armoury Crate but It didn't help. Eventually I came across this topic and thought that installing the drivers according to the instructions would solve the problem. Unfortunately, it did not help 😞 The sound is still muffled (a lot of low tones, low volume). Any idea what's is going on?

BTW
I chose "Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom)" for my motherboard.

BTW2
Is it normal that driver for my MD does not have equalizer? I am used to using the DTS Custom, but an equalizer would have been much better for me.

NinjaCop84 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm "happy" owner of TUF GAMING B460M-PLUS (WI-FI) motherboard. I have a problem with muffled sound. I did not install anything, I did not configure anything, only Windows updated once last week. I tried to install new sound card drivers through Armoury Crate but It didn't help. Eventually I came across this topic and thought that installing the drivers according to the instructions would solve the problem. Unfortunately, it did not help 😞 The sound is still muffled (a lot of low tones, low volume). Any idea what's is going on?

BTW
I chose "Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom)" for my motherboard.

BTW2
Is it normal that driver for my MD does not have equalizer? I am used to using the DTS Custom, but an equalizer would have been much better for me.

Hi,

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Custom motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Note : The equalization is done via your DTS Custom app (circled in red in the screenshot below) :

Hi,

yes, I scrupulously go through cleanup and install process, without luck (driver is installed correctly, but sound is still muffled).

I can't open equalizer because for me everything is greyed out, can't press anything in DTS Costom app.