cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

Drivers : 66.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,027 REPLIES 3,027

AHappySmile wrote:
Thank you for these drivers!

A few days ago, my DTS Sound Unbound app started constantly spamming me with annoying notifications in my Windows tray saying "DTS:X Ultra enabled".

Has anyone else had this? It's very annoying.
monteverdi wrote:
Yes same here
Lord Zog wrote:
Update your DTS Sound Unbound to latest 2021.2.6.0 and this should fix it.

Minh Le wrote:
Latest 2021.2.6.0 and it still exist

Hi,

@ Everyone : If you have any issues :

1) Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process.
2) If you steel have an issue > CLEANUP process then install/use the drivers package from your motherboard support page.
3) If you steel have an issue (and therefore the issue is not specific to the drivers package from this thread) > Open a ticket with ASUS Support.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Squidmaster7 wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue where upon reboot Windows asks for permission to run the executable 'RTKAudUService64.exe'? I know this is related to the realtek driver but even after telling Windows 'Always ask before opening this file' it still comes up every time I restart the computer. I have gone and looked at the executable's permissions and it seems like all users has read write and execute permissions.

Hi,

Follow this process :

MoKiChU wrote:
@ Everyone : To avoid ZoneID blocking trouble :

- For each downloaded .zip : ZoneID unblock the .zip (Right click on the .zip file > Properties > Check the box Unblock > OK).

or

- Disable the ZoneID blocking completely (you will no longer have to unblock each downloaded .zip) :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Launch then type gpedit.msc > OK
- User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
- Do not preserve zone information in file attachment : Enabled > OK.

Starkiller wrote:
Some time recently my system updated and it seems to have screwed up the program for the Audio Manager RtkNGUI64, Ive done a clean install of the drivers/software for the tuf x570 base on what MoKiChU has said previously but its still not loading and the control suite from the windows store is basically useless compared to the HD Audio Manager software. Any ideas on how to fix?

Hi,

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Custom motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Realtek HD Audio Manager (RtkNGUI64.exe) is dedicated to HDA drivers and not to UAD drivers (who have Realtek Audio Control/Console dedicated to them).

If you still want to use HDA drivers when your motherboard must use UAD drivers (know that you will lose DTS Custom, this will be at your own risk & I will not provide you with any support) :

You can use Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME DTS&RTK MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx).

Follow scrupulously the CLEANUP process then the INSTALL process from ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards category, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process from the same motherboards category.

Did follow the directions the first time but no luck, gave it another shot and somehow ended up getting an old version of the software to work somehow before seeing your post. Will attempt with your directions later.

Somewhat confused about how I did this.

Did follow the directions the first time but no luck, gave it another shot and somehow ended up getting an old version of the software to work somehow before seeing your post. Will attempt with your directions later. I tried using the DTS custom in the past but didnt like how it handled my speakers so ended up removing it.
Ive tried using the console from the windows store but it doesnt play well with my speakers for some reason and gives no access to the equalizer for aux connections for tweaking only on digital output.

Hello, while the latest driver is stable in windows 10, it is not stable in windows 11. I'm playing PUBG, all sounds are normal in windows 10, but the same driver creates sound confusion in windows 11. It is unclear where the gunshots came from. I tried different drivers but still the same. I did a complete cleaning and reinstalled, same thing.

huseyino wrote:
Hello, while the latest driver is stable in windows 10, it is not stable in windows 11. I'm playing PUBG, all sounds are normal in windows 10, but the same driver creates sound confusion in windows 11. It is unclear where the gunshots came from. I tried different drivers but still the same. I did a complete cleaning and reinstalled, same thing.

Hi,

Check that the Enhance audio/Signal Enhancements setting is enabled (otherwise your audio effects will not work) :

Windows 11

Right click on sound icon tray > Audio settings > Click on your audio output/input devices to enter in their Properties :

Windows 10

Right click on sound icon tray > Sound > Playback/Recording tab > Click on your audio playback/recording devices > Properties > Advanced tab :

These are already active. I noticed that the problem is in ss3. All versions are same as windows 10. There is no problem in windows 10, but PUBG is very bad in windows 11 🙂 there is no problem in normal music and SS3 works fine but in games it is very bad. As soon as you enter the game, the sound decreases

Updated to the latest ASUS ROG SS3|DTS update but the realtek driver in device manager shows 6/5/2021. Is that normal?

droughtx wrote:
Updated to the latest ASUS ROG SS3|DTS update but the realtek driver in device manager shows 6/5/2021. Is that normal?

Hi,

All the devices listed in Audio inputs and outputs category are system devices, using system drivers which are not meant to be updated (whose version corresponds to the version of the system : 10.0.22000.x drivers version for Windows 11 21H2/CO/22000.x system version for example).

If you want to check your Realtek Audio device in your Device Manager, go to the Sound, video and game controllers category.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) :
Drivers : 6.0.9289.1 WHQL [28/12/2021]

Third Party Drivers :

SS3 Extension Driver : 1.3.15.0 WHQL [08/10/2021]
SS3 VAD Media Driver : 1.0.2.0 WHQL [14/10/2021]
SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver : 3.5.1.0 WHQL [27/10/2021]

Download : Link

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) :

Third Party Drivers :

SS3 Extension Driver : 1.3.15.0 WHQL [08/10/2021]
SS3 VAD Media Driver : 1.0.2.0 WHQL [14/10/2021]
SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver : 3.5.1.0 WHQL [27/10/2021]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.10.12.0 WHQL [16/11/2021]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK MB) :

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra MB) :

Third Party Drivers :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.7.0 WHQL [01/12/2021]
DTS APO4x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.10.11.0 WHQL [24/11/2021]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.1.0 WHQL [22/09/2021]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP MB) :

Third Party Drivers :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.7.0 WHQL [01/12/2021]
DTS APO4x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.10.11.0 WHQL [24/11/2021]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.1.0 WHQL [22/09/2021]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1 MB) :

Third Party Drivers :

DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom MB) :

Third Party Drivers :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

Thread updated.