cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9655.1 WHQL [12/03/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,047 REPLIES 3,047

Jorquay wrote:
@MoKiChU Thank you for all your driver posts. I have successfully installed all but this one.

I have a Maximus XII Hero MB so I presumed I should install Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB). However, the install appears to have worked and the system automatically restarts, but the driver does not show in installed apps.

I followed the guide on clean install, do you have any advice?

Thanks,

Jorquay

Exactly the same for me, did he reply to say if this was normal?

THANK YOU so much.

the official asus driver on the "support" page for my Maxiumus XII Forumula just would not work and had none stop issues (actually ALL of their drivers are causing me issues at moment so trying to find all the rest as i cant see forum page/topic for the xii formula one - seen ones for hero but not formula)

Update: I did have version 6.0.9159.1 on my ssd

Decided to install windows 10 to new m.2 ssd and installed 6.0.9205.1 as listed - but the stupid Nahimic service is conflicting with nvidia drivers so i had 20+ BSOD in past 1 hour until i used msconfig to disable Nahimic service on startup.

Should i use the 6.0.9159.1 instead? Or did the windows -self install version of realtek drivers cause this? (I did fresh install but did not do a clean up as i assumed there would be no drivers as i didnt have any realtek or any nahimic software installed)

(i spent 4 hours trying to find what the heck was causing the BSOD as ive had the same issues when i first installed windows 10 so i cant remember what i did to fix it, whether it was this driver version before or if i just/already disabled Nahimic service from starting - even when i removed nvidia drivers i still had the glithes so it may be conflicting with more than one driver)

dragonwolf5589 wrote:
THANK YOU so much.

the official asus driver on the "support" page for my Maxiumus XII Forumula just would not work and had none stop issues (actually ALL of their drivers are causing me issues at moment so trying to find all the rest as i cant see forum page/topic for the xii formula one - seen ones for hero but not formula)

Update: I did have version 6.0.9159.1 on my ssd

Decided to install windows 10 to new m.2 ssd and installed 6.0.9205.1 as listed - but the stupid Nahimic service is conflicting with nvidia drivers so i had 20+ BSOD in past 1 hour until i used msconfig to disable Nahimic service on startup.

Should i use the 6.0.9159.1 instead? Or did the windows -self install version of realtek drivers cause this? (I did fresh install but did not do a clean up as i assumed there would be no drivers as i didnt have any realtek or any nahimic software installed)

(i spent 4 hours trying to find what the heck was causing the BSOD as ive had the same issues when i first installed windows 10 so i cant remember what i did to fix it, whether it was this driver version before or if i just/already disabled Nahimic service from starting - even when i removed nvidia drivers i still had the glithes so it may be conflicting with more than one driver)

Hi,

If you want troubleshoot drivers side, the UAD/DCH drivers being modular, you can try to install your drivers by these different types of install from the most complete to the lightest :

- Full : Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process.

- Full without SS3 apps : Uninstall Sonic Studio III & Sonic Radar III (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC.

- Full without DTS app : Uninstall DTS Sound Unbound (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC.

- Realtek Only (equalizer in Realtek Audio Control will not work) : Delete the ThirdParty folder from AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_MB_v6.0.xxxx.x folder then follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process (without installing SS3 & DTS apps).

- Minimal (such as Microsoft built-in drivers, without Realtek app) : Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process > Right click on HDXASUS.inf (in AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_MB_v6.0.xxxx.x\Realtek\Codec_xxxx.x folder) > Install > Wait for the message "The operation completed successfully" or for restart request.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

If you want troubleshoot drivers side, the UAD/DCH drivers being modular, you can try to install your drivers by these different types of install from the most complete to the lightest :

- Full without SS3 apps : Uninstall Sonic Studio III & Sonic Radar III (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC.

- Full without DTS app : Uninstall DTS Sound Unbound (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC.

- Realtek Only (equalizer in Realtek Audio Control will not work) : Delete the ThirdParty folder from AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_MB_v6.0.xxxx.x folder then follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process (without installing SS3 & DTS apps).

- Minimal (such as Microsoft built-in drivers, without Realtek app) : Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process > Right click on HDXASUS.inf (in AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_MB_v6.0.xxxx.x\Realtek\Codec_xxxx.x folder) > Install > Wait for the message "The operation completed successfully" or for restart request.

thanks tested few different ways, as soon i do anything other then realtek only i get bluescreen errors.

bluescreenview shows nvlddmkm.sys + ntoskml.exe + dxgkrnl.sys is causing the bluescreens -

what is strange is my windows 10 on the 860 ssd is exact same drivers except older version 6.0.9159.1 (its the ONLY driver on my old ssd install that i installed from this forum, the other drivers you have/linked to on the chipset thread i hadnt yet but had issue with the asus website ones.

the second i install this realtek it works until i try to play a game or do graphics test then bluescreens - sonic software and dts software NOT installed.

I'm going to try another clean-up and installing the older version to see if that does anything, as the old ssd theres not been a bluescreen for a year but it runs the drivers you provided for Realtek (i just cant remember if I thanked you back then so i thanked you today for keeping the drivers up to date etc) - so surely if it works on the old ssd without bluescreen and with enhancements etc, it should on the nvme drive.

i'll update later see what happens

update:

No matter what i do, even the old version is giving BSOD - I just cant remember how on earth its working on the Old SSD perfectly fine, but the exact same audio driver from this thread, along with the official nvidia drivers from the geforce experience, works fine old ssd, but on the new m.2 nvme ssd it just wont go past 10-30 seconds of 3dmark/pcmark/occt tests at all due to the BSOD always tracing down to Nahimic service.

so not sure how to get it to work, but installing and removing the third party folder has worked perfect. just a shame the Nahimic software is causing major issues when it works fine on the old ssd im moving from. (i want windows to be full functional on the new ssd before i format the old one to use as the games drive)

if anyone has any idea how to get it working let me know, as i cant remember how it works on the old ssd on my VERY old motherboard, the graphics card seemed to be failing but worked fine in this motherboard, until i had bsod but then fixed it removing and reinstalling drivers over and over and cant remember how or what triggered Nahimic software and nvidia to work together.

ONLY differences are:

Old: Samsung 860 Evo 2TB, all asus drivers except audio from this thread but older version, and chipset from intel website, nvidia geforce software
New: Samsung 970 Evo 2TBm all drivers from the forum/ones you listed as the asus ones have errors, bugs and outdated, Nvidia geforce software

Forgot to say, ALL drivers except chipset version are identical over the two ssd's, both latest graphics drivers,
its not major thing to go without it, but it worked fine before for the past year. and i cant see the updated chipset drivers and ethernet drivers causing it to trigger

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Ok, did another clean install - this time i DID NOT connect the wifi to my network and i had ethernet unplugged - installed chipset drivers, then nvidia graphics, then audio (all offline)

ive now connected everything online and did the other driver updates and so far its working without any blue screen issues (but not yet tried getting the software, so im doing restore point first) - so just incase anyone else has issues, make sure you install everything before going online, seems it messes up from windows update (as long as the software from the MS store doesnt start it off again)

however, device manager shows PCI and SMBus drivers are missing, (which it didnt in the previous installs) but in the other thread (chipset, when i asked for advice) i downloaded and installed ever single driver you listed so not sure what else im missing, is it worth restoring these from a driver backup from the old windows 10 install on old ssd or could that mess things up. the only thing different is i used NO drivers from asus own website for my Maximus xii formula board, only the ones you made/supplied - which works far better but has them two, SMBus Controller and PCI Device missing. (i just dont want to muck it up and have to reinstall all over again doing the wrong thing)

Note: Turns out Sonic RADAR 3 is the major cause of the issue (so installing everything offline and without sonic radar 3 is working, just pci and smbus drivers are still missing even though i installed all the chipset drivers)

Hello, I have a new B550-F (WiFi) paired with a 5600X. The issue I have is that sometime the audio pops or cracks, especially with Windows sound. This is very noticeable when using Windows's slider to adjust volume when the classic sound is playing.
Video of the issue found on the internet:
https://streamable.com/tdvg47
https://streamable.com/iozb2i

I tried installing these drivers by following the instructions to no avail. MSI mode is enabled. The issue is still there.
I installed this version -> Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK MB) since the official driver provided only comes with Realtked Audio Console.
Thank you for your help.

OctaveFuzz wrote:
Hello, I have a new B550-F (WiFi) paired with a 5600X. The issue I have is that sometime the audio pops or cracks, especially with Windows sound. This is very noticeable when using Windows's slider to adjust volume when the classic sound is playing.

I tried installing these drivers by following the instructions to no avail. MSI mode is enabled. The issue is still there.
I installed this version -> Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK MB) since the official driver provided only comes with Realtked Audio Console.
Thank you for your help.

damn that's really bad, hope you find a solution

OctaveFuzz wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Once it's done, regarding your popping/crackling issue, follow these 2 TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post) :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
- Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.

Also, update your BIOS to the last (https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi-model/helpdesk_bios) then update your others drivers to the last :

You need these others drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi motherboard :

[DRIVERS] AMD Chipset/SATA (3xx/4xx/5xx/TRX40)

- AMD Chipset Drivers

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I22x-V (2.5GbE)

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Once it's done, regarding your popping/crackling issue, follow these 2 TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post) :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
- Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.

Also, update your BIOS to the last (https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi-model/helpdesk_bios) then update your others drivers to the last :

You need these others drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi motherboard :

[DRIVERS] AMD Chipset/SATA (3xx/4xx/5xx/TRX40)

- AMD Chipset Drivers

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I22x-V (2.5GbE)

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

Thanks for your reply. I tried again by scrupulously following your instructions. I also enabled MSI and disabled hibernation to no avail. I tested the same thing shown in the two video I posted with my two laptops and both of them have the exact same issue.
I also asked a couple of friends with different configurations (Intel 9th gen, Ryzen 1st and 2nd gen) and they all the same very same issue.
Thanks again for your reply and your work.