cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

Drivers : 66.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,026 REPLIES 3,026

MoKiChU
Level 40
scgt1 wrote:
I wouldn't have a problem going along with that if the previous direct from Asus Realtek drives caused the same message on every boot. My account is already set as admin and account control settings is switched to never notify so I shouldn't be seeing a message like this anyway asking about trusting the software.

As I explained to you previously, you are the only one to report this kind of issue (moreover you obviously do not have the issue on your OS/Software config based on your Z390 motherboard), so, I deduce that your issue is specific to your OS/Software config case and is not related to the drivers package.

The logic to have is :

- If you have an issue with the drivers package from your motherboard support page (or just want to be up to date) > CLEANUP + INSTALL process to install/use the drivers package from this thread.
- If you have an issue with the drivers package from this thread > CLEANUP process then install/use the drivers package from your motherboard support page.
- If you have an issue in both cases > Open a ticket with ASUS Support.

MoKiChU wrote:
As I explained to you previously, you are the only one to report this kind of issue (moreover you obviously do not have the issue on your OS/Software config based on your Z390 motherboard), so, I deduce that your issue is specific to your OS/Software config case and is not related to the drivers package.

The logic to have is :

- If you have an issue with the drivers package from your motherboard support page (or just want to be up to date) > CLEANUP + INSTALL process to install/use the drivers package from this thread.
- If you have an issue with the drivers package from this thread > CLEANUP process then install/use the drivers package from your motherboard support page.
- If you have an issue in both cases > Open a ticket with ASUS Support.

Well the pictured setting took care of the issue. After all the warning was mentioning files from the internet although I don't get why Windows was seeing the Realtek software as from the internet It's not like I was downloading a file and trying to run it. Makes absolutely no sense. Ticking that box stopped the warning message on boot .

I also for good measure went into the registry and forced off UAC since it was still showing 1 even though it was on don't notify. That didn't matter either.

spluff
Level 7
I installed the latest over the previous version and there was about 4 which failed. * Is this normal?*

MoKiChU
Level 40
SteverinoLA wrote:
Mokichu, been installing all your updated drivers throughout this forum for a long, long time. You are awesome and very appreciated. A couple questions I've always wondered:

1) I have a z390 STRIX today. If I replaced this one day w/a new Asus z590 or future z690 motherboard w/Realtek chip but did NOT ever install the official Asus Realtek drivers from Asus downloads page, then could just come directly here and install latest Realtek from you w/o needing to do the critical clean up first step? IOW, it's installing the Asus-provided drivers that creates the bind b/t Asus mb and the official Asus Realtek drivers that has to be broken with the Cleanup steps you list. True or false?

Hi,

Right.

Never any drivers installed : Follow directly INSTALL process.
You already have drivers coming from somewhere other than the thread : Follow CLEANUP process then follow INSTALL process.
You already have drivers coming from the thread : Follow directly UPDATE process.

Note : Concretely from a drivers point of view, these are the same drivers that you have on your motherboard support page but not using the same install method, so in absolute terms you can use the UPDATE process over the drivers coming from your support page without worries, the CLEANUP process is just used in order to end up with a clean base to avoid any issue/conflict between the two install method or an old bad install.

SteverinoLA wrote:
2) Are these Realtek drivers specific to Asus motherboard or would they work for any mb that fits the Realtek features ({DTS,unbound, etc) ?

Thanks,
Steve

Yes, among all the drivers/firmwares that I offer, only the Realtek Audio (UAD) Drivers are specific to ASUS.

spluff wrote:
I installed the latest over the previous version and there was about 4 which failed. * Is this normal?*

Hi,

Microsoft PnPUtil reports as failed as soon as you try to install an already existing drivers, it's normal.

ViniRustAlves wrote:
I have a ROG B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi), which one is the best for me, and when I run the Driver Store Explorer, it doesn't find any of those drivers that should be forced to uninstall, do I need to restart yet?
Also, I'm here because my driver (from my MoBo support webpage) is making my headphones (Philips SHP9500) crackling AF on the right side, but it doesn't seems to occur with my speakers (Edifier R1000T4), do you think that drivers could be the culprit? It was just fine before the drivers suddenly colapse, yesterday. I use voicemeeter to manage everything (separate R1000T4 from SHP9500.

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Hello.
Downloaded the Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) archive and there's a mistake in Install.cmd: there is no Realtek\RealtekASIO_7 folder, there's only the Realtek\RealtekASIO_8 one, that's why there's one error when running Install.cmd.
After editing Install.cmd everything seems OK.

MoKiChU
Level 40
spluff wrote:
I have installed as instructions but just wondering what does dtsApo4Service do? I think it has something to do with DTS? I dont have any DTS equipment can it be removed or not installed?

Hi,

It is the DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver which works in tandem with DTS APO4x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver and both are used in your drivers type because they nested with your other Realtek & A-Volute/SS3 APO & other audio drivers (like Realtek APO & A-Volute SS3 APO).

In addition, DTS Sound Unbound (built-in with your motherboard) does not necessarily require DTS equipment, all depends the feature you are using.

If you don't need a feature, uninstall the corresponding app and that's it. Do not try to remove/don't install any drivers from your drivers package under pretext that you do not use the corresponding feature/app (or at least do it if you want but i wouldn't provide any support).

marcus46 wrote:
Hi Mokichu, I have a Rog Crosshair VIII Hero (not Wi-fi version) with X570 chipset... what are correct the drivers for this Motherboard? Thank you!

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

It is the DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver which works in tandem with DTS APO4x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver and both are used in your drivers type because they nested with your other Realtek & A-Volute/SS3 APO & other audio drivers (like Realtek APO & A-Volute SS3 APO).

In addition, DTS Sound Unbound (built-in with your motherboard) does not necessarily require DTS equipment, all depends the feature you are using.

If you don't need a feature, uninstall the corresponding app and that's it. Do not try to remove/don't install any drivers from your drivers package under pretext that you do not use the corresponding feature/app (or at least do it if you want but i wouldn't provide any support).

I didnt install the DTS Sound unbound app. Should I just have to leave the DTS Service alone if its linked with other things (even though i dont use DTS)?

I also tried the SS3 app but that causes loading problems in a couple of games Warzone and Cold War - it fails to load randomly. So I had to uninstall it 😞

piotrl
Level 7
Hi. I don't see anymore gain control in realtek audio console. I had normal, more loud and extreme settings. Why it's not avaliable anymore?
I use z370-f gaming.

Hey guys, I've also contacted Asus Support before I posted on the forum here.
What ASUS told me is that, actually the Realtek driver we downloaded from ASUS site, does come with the Sonic Studio installer ! 🙄

It's buried under the folder name UWP....what does UWP even mean ?!? 😓

fodzee
Level 7
Thanks so much for this! I'm a bit of a newbie. I have TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI). Which ones should I download? The ones on the support page are a bit outdated. Thanks!