cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) :

Drivers : 6.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
SS3-SSVM Extension Driver : 1.3.18.0 WHQL [13/07/2022]
SS3-SSVM VAD Media Driver : 1.0.3.0 WHQL [07/06/2022]
SS3 APO AudioProcessingObject Driver : 3.7.0.0 WHQL [20/02/2024]
DTS APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
Download : Link

ASUS ROG SS3 & SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio/Radar III, DTS Sound Unbound installed /!\
Uninstall them (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | extrtxusb | hdx | realtek | rtdusbad
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
Launch SS3 Cleaner by right-click Run as admin
Press Windows key + X > "Device Manager" > "View" > Check "Show hidden devices" > "Sofware components" category
Uninstall these hidden devices by right-click Uninstall device (if you find them) then restart your PC :
DTS Audio Effects Component | DTS APO4x Service Component

INSTALL

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done
Go in "Apps" folder > Install your apps from the Microsoft Store shortcuts

UPDATE

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

Note : Your apps will be updated automatically via the Microsoft Store.

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK) :

ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console installed /!\
Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

Go in "Apps" folder > Install your app from the Microsoft Store shortcut

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTSX Ultra) :

DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTSX Ultra HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.11.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) :

DTS AP APO4x Extension Driver : 1.14.0.0 WHQL [17/12/2023]
DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.14.9.0 WHQL [31/01/2024]
DTS APO4x Core AudioProcessingObject|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.14.2.0 WHQL [03/01/2024]
DTS AP HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.10.5.0 WHQL [06/07/2023]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS:X Ultra & DTS Audio Processing motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS:X Ultra or DTS Audio Processing installed /!\
Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button then restart your PC

INSTALL

UPDATE

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS HPXv1) :

Drivers : 66.0.9649.1 WHQL [27/02/2024]
DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS HPXv1 HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL [03/09/2019]

- Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) :

DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL [07/12/2020]
DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.0.0 WHQL [04/07/2020]
DTS Custom HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.2.0 WHQL [08/07/2020]

ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Headphone:X v1 & DTS Custom motherboards :

Install/Update Process :

CLEANUP

/!\ If you already had Realtek (HD) Audio Driver, Realtek Audio Control/Console, DTS Headphone:X v1 or DTS Custom installed /!\

INSTALL

UPDATE

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements (AMD) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).
Hardware requirements (Intel) : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series chipsets (except ROG with ALC40xx).

Note : In order to know which drivers package to use, match the audio specifications of your motherboard with the apps or ask me.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you experience crackling, popping, audio stutter
Disable hibernation (Fast Startup included).
3,028 REPLIES 3,028

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Yes it is possible, but I will not do it because it would require a complex PowerShell script coupled with an .exe from the Windows WDK (devcon.exe) not included natively in Windows system files, whose efficiency and action can be random and whose script would not be easily understood by most people and generate transparency problems with what the script does. Knowing that the cleanup must be performed only during the first install, I prefer that people perform these simple actions manually and effectively and so that they know and understand what they are doing.

Those who have been following me for a long time know that I have always tried to offer the most refined drivers and the most integrated in the system (Drivers Only) when the number of .inf to install manually is not excessive.

The .cmds used here for the install/update of Realtek Audio Drivers is a continuation of this Drivers Only logic (the .cmds use Microsoft PNPUtil (which is included natively in every Windows system files) and contain only a check of the admin right then an automation of the equivalent of a right click then Install on each necessary .inf, in the necessary order, according to the case then an auto restart).

I also like it as you have it now. The cleanup is pain but you only gotta do it once so step by step by hand is safest since you don't know how techie the end users are here so I think best to keep it simple series of steps as is today. I'm a tech dork so I always look at the cmd scripts in textpad so I know exactly what's it's going to do. Great job!

Kani_malli
Level 7
sometimes i open ss3 app it gone close it self why its happen i clean install windows and add your drivers while since it happen did it corrupted or something ?:confused:

Kani malli wrote:
sometimes i open ss3 app it gone close it self why its happen i clean install windows and add your drivers while since it happen did it corrupted or something ?:confused:

Hi (continue not to say hi/hello and I will no longer respond to the person who does not say hello, i'm fed up with this lack of politeness, I am not at your service),

If you are not satisfied with what I offer, I suggest you use the drivers from your product support page instead use what I offer.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi (continue not to say hi/hello and I will no longer respond to the person who does not say hello, i'm fed up with this lack of politeness, I am not at your service),

If you are not satisfied with what I offer, I suggest you use the drivers from your product support page instead use what I offer.

I try not to the clog up threads, but if I am going to post, I start by thanking you Mokichu. Thank you!

I think you should add this disclaimer at the top of all of your driver threads:

These drivers are NOT SUPPORTED on your motherboard. On your motherboard page at Asus website, you will find drives that have been thoroughly vetted by the fine folks at Asus and they work perfectly fine. Use these drivers at your own risk and always create a restore point or a system image before installing. If you don't know how to create a restore point, then you are NOT qualified to use these drivers. Just use the download found on your motherboard page.

I spend a lot of time monitoring 3rd party vendors for these driver updates and then packaging them into a simple installer. These are not "my' drivers and I have no idea if they'll work for you or not.

Furthermore, the Asus moderators of this forum are doing all of us tech-savvy folks a huge favor by allowing me to post my threads here. Unqualified users who complain about issues w/these unsupported drivers will just ruin it for everyone. If you have any issue, just restore your Restore Point. If you didn't create a Restore Point, then you shouldn't be downloading anything I post or even be here at all.

MoKiChU wrote:

Hi Mokichu, sorry about for not using a greeting in the past, I went back and there were a few. I agree with you, a little nicety here and there goes a long way. You do us a great favor by compiling what the latest is, not only audio drivers but others too. Thank you for that.

I am sure you remember my avolute software component woes from a couple of weeks ago. The issue was, out of all things, the location where I extracted the 7z file. If I picked the folder I use for storing all backup drivers, on extraction a \\?\ line was being added and therefore the cmd script wasn't able to use it ...

Never seen anything like this before, Windows is weird and this maybe because of OneDrive or maybe even WinRAR I use. But anyway, it seems problem is solved for now.

Bushmaster78FS wrote:
Hi Mokichu, sorry about for not using a greeting in the past, I went back and there were a few. I agree with you, a little nicety here and there goes a long way. You do us a great favor by compiling what the latest is, not only audio drivers but others too. Thank you for that.

I am sure you remember my avolute software component woes from a couple of weeks ago. The issue was, out of all things, the location where I extracted the 7z file. If I picked the folder I use for storing all backup drivers, on extraction a \\?\ line was being added and therefore the cmd script wasn't able to use it ...

Never seen anything like this before, Windows is weird and this maybe because of OneDrive or maybe even WinRAR I use. But anyway, it seems problem is solved for now.

Hi,

Well done, your analyze/search in order to find the root cause of your issue it's a good initiative.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Well done, your analyze/search in order to find the root cause of your issue it's a good initiative.

Thank you Mokichu.

I am so confused.

I have ASUS Prime Z370-A mobo, which driver do I install?? Apologies if it was answered already.

amanbe wrote:
I am so confused.

I have ASUS Prime Z370-A mobo, which driver do I install?? Apologies if it was answered already.

ASUS PRIME/TUF DTS Headphone:X v1

MoKiChU wrote:

If you are not satisfied with what I offer, I suggest you use the drivers from your product support page instead use what I
offer.

Sorry for that I didn't say hi 😉 I thought we already friends here as everyone in this thread well I need fix it we are repot you problems to fix it and make drivers more reliable nothing for blame you or something lol anyway you here to not help us or what?
I reapet hi again my bad 😉