cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD (6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :

Package : 10.1.19627.8423 WHQL [28/09/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "CHIPSET_Intel_vxx.x.xxxxx.xxxx.exe"

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers : 2406.5.5.0 WHQL [08/02/2024]
DAL SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.44.2023.710 WHQL [11/07/2023]
ICLS SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.71.99.0 WHQL [06/12/2023]
WMI SoftwareComponent Driver : 2408.5.4.0 WHQL [21/02/2024]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

- Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers : 20.0.0.1038 WHQL [29/11/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel VMD device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (VMD_Intel_v...) > Next

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel 6xx/7xx series chipsets.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).
180 REPLIES 180

jamieboo
Level 9
Hello folks
I have an Asus Z690 TUF Gaming Plus D4 with a 12700K and 128GB DDR4 RAM.
I'm on Bios 1304 and performance is kind of ok, so I think I will stay here considering some of the reports I've heard of later Bios versions, especially when I hear of limited rollback options too.
I gather that updating ME stuff is somehow connected with Bios version so, similarly, I want to steer clear of that.
But is it relatively safe to update the Chipset and MEI drivers? Is it safe to update them while staying on Bios 1304?
I haven't updated them since last summer and I'm wondering if I might see some improved performance if I do.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks

jamieboo wrote:
Hello folks
I have an Asus Z690 TUF Gaming Plus D4 with a 12700K and 128GB DDR4 RAM.
I'm on Bios 1304 and performance is kind of ok, so I think I will stay here considering some of the reports I've heard of later Bios versions, especially when I hear of limited rollback options too.
I gather that updating ME stuff is somehow connected with Bios version so, similarly, I want to steer clear of that.
But is it relatively safe to update the Chipset and MEI drivers? Is it safe to update them while staying on Bios 1304?
I haven't updated them since last summer and I'm wondering if I might see some improved performance if I do.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Hi,

I don't recommend doing what you are doing (staying on outdated BIOS/firmware/drivers for one reason or another), however I respect your choice and I will answer you anyway.

Intel ME Firmware Update :

Even if there shouldn't be any major worries, I don't advise you to update your Intel ME firmware to the last with your current BIOS 1304.

It is more optimal to use the Intel ME firmware branch around which the BIOS and its microcodes is built :

BIOS 2004 or newer : Intel ME Firmware 16.1.xx.xxxx
BIOS 1720 or older : Intel ME Firmware 16.0.xx.xxxx

So with your current BIOS 1304, you can update your Intel ME firmware to the last one from Intel ME firmware 16.0 branch from your motherboard support page : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/03CHIPSET/MEUpdateTool_16.0.15.1735_T.zip.

However, it will remain vulnerable, you will can check this here : [SOFTWARE] Intel ME Security Check (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx).

Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD/Serial IO/GNA Drivers Update :

You can update your drivers without any worries, but if the root cause of an issue is in your current BIOS and that you do not want to update it, you can update all the drivers of your PC, the issue will remain.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

I don't recommend doing what you are doing (staying on outdated BIOS/firmware/drivers for one reason or another), however I respect your choice and I will answer you anyway.

Intel ME Firmware Update :

Even if there shouldn't be any major worries, I don't advise you to update your Intel ME firmware to the last with your current BIOS 1304.

It is more optimal to use the Intel ME firmware branch around which the BIOS and its microcodes is built :

BIOS 2004 or newer : Intel ME Firmware 16.1.xx.xxxx
BIOS 1720 or older : Intel ME Firmware 16.0.xx.xxxx

So with your current BIOS 1304, you can update your Intel ME firmware to the last one from Intel ME firmware 16.0 branch from your motherboard support page : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/03CHIPSET/MEUpdateTool_16.0.15.1735_T.zip.

However, it will remain vulnerable, you will can check this here : [SOFTWARE] Intel ME Security Check (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx).

Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD/Serial IO/GNA Drivers Update :

You can update your drivers without any worries, but if the root cause of an issue is in your current BIOS and that you do not want to update it, you can update all the drivers of your PC, the issue will remain.

Thanks so much MoKiChU!
Hmm, I see I am already running ME Firmware version 16.1.25.2020.
I don't suppose that can be rolled back can it?

Normally I'd go for the latest Bios, but there has been so much feedback of problems, that I think it's not worth the risk - especially since I'm rocking 128GB of RAM! I don't want to update and suddenly find RAM problems.
And current performance is ok.
So yeah, I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

But thanks for putting my mind at rest about the MEI/Chipset drivers!

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :

Package : 10.1.19263.8344 WHQL [28/09/2022]

Thread updated.

Hi !

I have TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4. With updated bios to 2204 and updated Me Intel to 2020.
I swap my i9 12900k to i9 13900k I got blue screen with the message INACCESSABLE boot device. (I never perform a boot repair, however I tried to reinstall windows but it couldn't detect my ssd 980 samsung)

So I swaped back to 12900k and PC boot up without issues.
My question is 13900k is not compatible with my motherboard ? Because all drivers up to date .

Maybe I should install Package - Raptor Lake (13th Gen) if I will install i9 13700k?
Regards
Avi

Goodguyavi wrote:
Hi !

I have TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4. With updated bios to 2204 and updated Me Intel to 2020.
I swap my i9 12900k to i9 13900k I got blue screen with the message INACCESSABLE boot device. (I never perform a boot repair, however I tried to reinstall windows but it couldn't detect my ssd 980 samsung)

My question is 13900k is not compatible with my motherboard ? Because all drivers up to date .

Maybe I should install Package - Raptor Lake (13th Gen) if I will install i9 13700k?
Regards
Avi

If you have Chipset driver 10.1.19284.8351 installed, you get that message with Raptor Lake.

Install the latest Raptor Lake Chipset driver 10.1.19263.8344

Simk1n wrote:
If you have Chipset driver 10.1.19284.8351 installed, you get that message with Raptor Lake.

Install the latest Raptor Lake Chipset driver 10.1.19263.8344

I tried but it didn't helped
Returning CPU back 😞
Thank you SimK1n !

And Thank you ASUS

akgis_
Level 10
Hey Iam very confused

Recently I got a 13900KS comming from a 12900k keeping the same Z690 hero, and I had the inaccessible boot device but that with the 12900k and but a restore point saved my ass.

I dont think I have the correct drivers, I would normaly experiment myself and Iam afraid to brick my system that its also production for my work(have backups) but setting it up again would be a pita.

So I have this list of drivers in Driver Store, some are even greyed and I think its becuase of the new CPU or the restore point before.
https://i.imgur.com/tLbplsr.png

And control panel says I have 10.1.19284.8351 Installed.

Everything seems to work fine but the PEG slot is greyed out, and there is references to alder lake in the names, what should I do?

Goodguyavi wrote:
Hi !

Regards
Avi
Goodguyavi wrote:
I tried but it didn't helped
Returning CPU back 😞
Thank you SimK1n !

And Thank you ASUS
akgis_ wrote:
Hey Iam very confused

Recently I got a 13900KS comming from a 12900k keeping the same Z690 hero, and I had the inaccessible boot device but that with the 12900k and but a restore point saved my ass.

I dont think I have the correct drivers, I would normaly experiment myself and Iam afraid to brick my system that its also production for my work(have backups) but setting it up again would be a pita.

So I have this list of drivers in Driver Store, some are even greyed and I think its becuase of the new CPU or the restore point before.
https://i.imgur.com/tLbplsr.png

And control panel says I have 10.1.19284.8351 Installed.

Everything seems to work fine but the PEG slot is greyed out, and there is references to alder lake in the names, what should I do?

Hi,

If you installed last Intel Chipset Drivers package for Alder Lake CPU but you want since to switch to a Raptor Lake CPU, before installing your CPU :

- Follow this process to cleanup :

- Uninstall your current Intel Chipset Drivers package if you have any installed (via Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC.
- Launch Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator) > Check the boxes of all versions of Intel drivers which .inf contains system word in the System device category (if you find them).
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC.

- Install last Intel Chipset Drivers package for Raptor Lake (13th Gen) from the first post of this thread.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

If you installed last Intel Chipset Drivers package for Alder Lake CPU but you want since to switch to a Raptor Lake CPU, before installing your CPU :

- Follow this process to cleanup :

- Uninstall your current Intel Chipset Drivers package if you have any installed (via Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC.
- Launch Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator) > Check the boxes of all versions of Intel drivers which .inf contains system word in the System device category (if you find them).
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC.

- Install last Intel Chipset Drivers package for Raptor Lake (13th Gen) from the first post of this thread.

OMG IS WORKING !!!! you did it !!!! Wow UPS track is on the way to pickup the processor back ! Hahaha I made it ! You made it !!!

https://media4.giphy.com/media/IcGkqdUmYLFGE/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pmr2ai9juxmtpozkqcwd5wp613b5ju169...