cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/VMD (6xx/7xx)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- Intel Chipset Drivers :

Package : 10.1.19627.8423 WHQL [28/09/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "CHIPSET_Intel_vxx.x.xxxxx.xxxx.exe"

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers : 2406.5.5.0 WHQL [08/02/2024]
DAL SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.44.2023.710 WHQL [11/07/2023]
ICLS SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.71.99.0 WHQL [06/12/2023]
WMI SoftwareComponent Driver : 2408.5.4.0 WHQL [21/02/2024]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

- Intel VMD Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers : 20.0.0.1038 WHQL [29/11/2023]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your Intel VMD device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (VMD_Intel_v...) > Next

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with Intel 6xx/7xx series chipsets.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).
180 REPLIES 180

Also, you can find it in Control Panel, Programs & features, Intel (R) Chipset Device Software

Highlight the entry and you can see the version at the bottom of the window...
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb
Level 17
Not sure about Device Manager, but it will be listed in Armoury Crate's driver section if you have it installed...
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

MaKo82
Level 9
Found it. Thank you!

robb543
Level 7
Is there a reason chipset doesnt show up in device manager or Driver Store Explorer?

robb543 wrote:
Is there a reason chipset doesnt show up in device manager or Driver Store Explorer?

Hi,

If you are looking for the package version number of the Intel Chipset Drivers you are using, you can simply see it via Settings > Applications : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software.

If you are looking for the version number of the Intel Chipset Drivers you are using, use Driver Store Explorer and by looking in System devices category in the INF column for the .inf files ending with system from INTEL. You can see via the Device Name column which devices in the Device Manager use which drivers.

Note (from Intel) : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic - Intel was founded that day.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

If you are looking for the package version number of the Intel Chipset Drivers you are using, you can simply see it via Settings > Applications : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software.

If you are looking for the version number of the Intel Chipset Drivers you are using, use Driver Store Explorer and by looking in System devices category in the INF column for the .inf files ending with system from INTEL. You can see via the Device Name column which devices in the Device Manager use which drivers.

Note (from Intel) : Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic - Intel was founded that day.

Yea I see the chipset entry when I look under applications but this is all I see when I check with DriverStoreExplorer. I see the two entries with the date you mentioned but nothing with the 10.1.19222.8341 driver version.

robb543 wrote:
Yea I see the chipset entry when I look under applications but this is all I see when I check with DriverStoreExplorer. I see the two entries with the date you mentioned but nothing with the 10.1.19222.8341 driver version.

You will not see the package version number in your Driver Store Explorer, you will only see the drivers version in your Driver Store Explorer.

10.1.19222.8341 : Package Version
10.1.46.3 : Drivers Version

MoKiChU wrote:
You will not see the package version number in your Driver Store Explorer, you will only see the drivers version in your Driver Store Explorer.

10.1.19222.8341 : Package Version
10.1.46.3 : Drivers Version

Oh that makes sense then. Sorry about that I'm not the greatest with driver knowledge and I did see the correct driver in armoury crate but I guess armoury crate only shows the package version. So those two entries do show that the driver did in fact install (10.1.46.3 is the driver version for package 10.1.19222.8341)? And in the future if I want to see the package version I check the driver store explorer and if I want the package version number I check settings->apps. Is the reason that the package version doesn't show up anywhere (ex: IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers) in the device manager just because it's not technically official?

robb543 wrote:
Oh that makes sense then. Sorry about that I'm not the greatest with driver knowledge and I did see the correct driver in armoury crate but I guess armoury crate only shows the package version.

You don't have to be sorry, it's by asking questions and investigating that we learn, no worry.

Indeed, Armoury Crate refers to the Intel Chipset Drivers package version number.

robb543 wrote:
So those two entries do show that the driver did in fact install (10.1.46.3 is the driver version for package 10.1.19222.8341)?

Correct (the drivers used/installed are different depending on the chipset-CPU pair you are using).

robb543 wrote:
And in the future if I want to see the package version I check the driver store explorer and if I want the package version number I check settings->apps.

Correct, however be aware that even when you will install a newer Intel Chipset Drivers package with an incremented package version number, the drivers will remain the same if there are no newer drivers in the package.

robb543 wrote:
Is the reason that nothing shows up in the device manager just because it's not technically official?

The devices tagged (see the column Device Name) by Driver Store Explorer as using your Intel Chipset Drivers are visible in your Device Manager > System devices category.

Note : I do not offer modded drivers, I only offer OEM original drivers, WHQL signed by Microsoft (modding is not my field).

MoKiChU wrote:
You don't have to be sorry, it's by asking questions and investigating that we learn, no worry.

Indeed, Armoury Crate refers to the Intel Chipset Drivers package version number.

Correct (the drivers used/installed are different depending on the chipset-CPU pair you are using).

Correct, however be aware that even when you will install a newer Intel Chipset Drivers package with an incremented package version number, the drivers will remain the same if there are no newer drivers in the package.

The devices tagged (see the column Device Name) by Driver Store Explorer as using your Intel Chipset Drivers are visible in your Device Manager > System devices category.

Note : I do not offer modded drivers, I only offer OEM original drivers, WHQL signed by Microsoft (modding is not my field).

Ok thanks, I think what was throwing me off was googling how to view current chipset and seeing results to check IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers but seeing nothing there after installing the drivers confused me.