cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELTA RGB DDR5 Desktop Memory 6400 Working with only two sticks

techanalyst
Level 7
More of an FYI I guess but the DELTA RGB DDR5 Desktop Memory 6400, with two sticks works fine with the latest official bios on 690 Extreme

Been playing halo for a couple hours, normal stuff, works fine but wont post with 4 sticks

XMP 1 profile
5 REPLIES 5

Chainbold
Level 11
techanalyst wrote:
More of an FYI I guess but the DELTA RGB DDR5 Desktop Memory 6400, with two sticks works fine with the latest official bios on 690 Extreme

Been playing halo for a couple hours, normal stuff, works fine but wont post with 4 sticks

XMP 1 profile

Seems to be a common issue, not related to the brand. There are many reports here, for various DDR5 brands, about not posting with 4 modules or instability.

Chainbold wrote:
Seems to be a common issue, not related to the brand. There are many reports here, for various DDR5 brands, about not posting with 4 modules or instability.

I was nervous about that, because I initially tried two dominator 5200 16x2 sticks and the system wouldn't post sometimes. I'm not using a mix of two g.skill kits. One being 36-36-36-76 and another 40-40-40-76, so 4 DIMMs, 64gb, and the system boots like a champ. Older bios as well.

axiumone wrote:
I was nervous about that, because I initially tried two dominator 5200 16x2 sticks and the system wouldn't post sometimes. I'm not using a mix of two g.skill kits. One being 36-36-36-76 and another 40-40-40-76, so 4 DIMMs, 64gb, and the system boots like a champ. Older bios as well.

Im at 6400 though, it posts fine with all group at 5600 😛 but I didn't sell a kidney for the kits to run it at lower speeds 🙂

techanalyst wrote:
Im at 6400 though, it posts fine with all group at 5600 😛 but I didn't sell a kidney for the kits to run it at lower speeds 🙂

Aye, for sure. Not super relevant to your specific issue, I was just referring to the other posters trouble with running 4 sticks.

techanalyst
Level 7
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48566328 Its not performing poorly though the throttle thing makes no sense