cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR5 XMP Unstable

ben1england
Level 7
Got an issue with XMP being enabled. I currently have the following kit: F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RK.

Asus' site says it should work with my mobo, and GSkill's site it should work just fine:

Unfortunately, when I enable XMP, I get:

• CTD
  • BSOD
  • System Restart

The RAM Sticks are in A2 and B2, just as is recommended.

I have followed all the instructions and setups for enabling XMP (set to enable XMP I, as XMP II will not even pass the memory training).

I am currently on BIOS Version 1720, and to be honest, cannot get the system to be stable at all at any speed above AUTO.

Am I the only one facing issues with the latest BIOS? Does anyone else have the same kit and have the same experience?
3 REPLIES 3

Squall_Leonhart
Level 8
you just don't have a good enough cpu for that memory.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
1) 6400MT is the maximum validated ratio for the Z690 Extreme, it is always preferable to opt for a ratio or two below the maximum validation to avoid manual tuning or guarantee operation

2) Try Tweak Modes 1 & 2

3) Tune CPU System Agent (Values between 0.950 and 1.35v)

4) Tune CPU Memory Controller Voltage under Advanced Memory Settings (Values between 1.15 and 1.4v)
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Just in case it helps, I had a G.Skill 5600 CL 36 32GB kit that proved to be defective in my Z690 Gaming-F. I returned it via RMA and got instead a KIngston Fury 6400 CL32 32GB kit that works flawlessly since minute 1, ran a stress test with no problem for now. The kit runs at XMP II @ 6400, C32, 1.4V.