cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently: 6200Mhz on 4 DIMMS

Noles2003
Level 7
SPECS:
Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA (Bios 1505)
T Force 16gbx4 6400MHz Ram Sticks
Intel 12th Gen 12900K
(a big newbie here so I am pretty sure that's all that matters in this scenario if not let me know and I will update)

The current settings are not anything special. I enabled the XMP 1 profile. Then I rolled the clock back to 6200MHz and added .03 volts to the VDD and VDDQ for some stability for a total of 1.38 (1.35 is the stock setting)

I only ran memtest86 for two passes. I know this isn't enough to guarantee flawless performance, but I never made it passed test 7 without at least 1 error prior to this, and I was tired of waiting and wanted to play after 4 hours of tinkering.

I imagine most people are having the same issues that I am:
Run one stick at max settings: no issues.
Run two sticks at max settings: no issue.
The moment I add the 3rd and 4th, COD Vanguard (Just happens to be the only game I have loaded on this new setup) crashes out within 5 minutes with a 6068 or 6065 error Which is frustrating because I spent a week chasing GPU issues in my spare time that didn't exist. On rare occasions, I would get a complete system reboot, or a blue screen.

I ran the system for a month with XMP disabled and would boot anywhere form 3200-4000Mhz with random crashes under load.

At the moment ASUS list the Group T Force 6400MHz ram on the approved vender list, but only for sockets 1 and 2. If you are like me and bought 4 the two empty spaces in the motherboard can be an eye sore. (Yes, I know that 64GB at 6400mhz is completely over kill for anything I will ever throw at it. I know that I can run 3 additional computers with the unused resources, but it makes me happy *when it works*)

I know this isn't a perfect solution for true MAX settings but if someone else is out there like I was for the last 4 days pulling their hair out, here is baseline of something that is working for me. Like I said, I have not run anywhere near the amount of test that I see some people running, but if someone will point me in the direction, give me a list, I can run one each day, Tuesday and Thursday as I work all day, and post the results. Just tell be which test, how I should set them up and provide me a link to DL the software. Like I said, I am rookie, learning as I go, so as always, I welcome any comments or constructive criticism.

Also, if anyone has been able to get the Group T force 6400MHz ram to run stable at full speed, I would love to hear your settings to see I can make them work for myself.
16 REPLIES 16

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Try this config.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uegPn9ZuUoWxOssCP4PjMjGW9eC_1VJA
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Try this config.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uegPn9ZuUoWxOssCP4PjMjGW9eC_1VJA

That is the exact test that I ran. I opened both and compared them line by line in the notepad. I am going to change the cycle count to 15 and let it run while I take a nap.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
You can use Karhu also, as that has unlimited coverage. If stable for 1500-2000% coverage this should be ample.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

93525 5 passes in finally got an error.... oh well.

Nate152
This is actually very good, you won't find any 64GB 6200MHz memory kits either.

Your two memory kits seem to be working well together and stability might be met with some voltage adjustments. As I'm not familiar with DDR5 memory overclocking, Silent Scone could guide you better here.

If you can get 64GB 6200MHz stable, I'd be super happy with that.

Are you using any monitoring program? I use HWinfo, it shows clock speeds, temps, voltages and is free. If you don't have a monitoring program, you could download it and post us a screen shot.

Under Installer, hover over Free Download, then click local U.S.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Once installed, click the Sensors tab, this shows all information about your pc.

Click the blue arrows at the bottom left to expand all the readings. At the top, you can adjust the columns to show the maximums of each reading, averages aren't that critical.

It should look like this, click the picture to make it bigger.

Nate152 wrote:
This is actually very good, you won't find any 64GB 6200MHz memory kits either.

Your two memory kits seem to be working well together and stability might be met with some voltage adjustments. As I'm not familiar with DDR5 memory overclocking, Silent Scone could guide you better here.

If you can get 64GB 6200MHz stable, I'd be super happy with that.

Are you using any monitoring program? I use HWinfo, it shows clock speeds, temps, voltages and is free. If you don't have a monitoring program, you could download it and post us a screen shot.

Under Installer, hover over Free Download, then click local U.S.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Once installed, click the Sensors tab, this shows all information about your pc.

Click the blue arrows at the bottom left to expand all the readings. At the top, you can adjust the columns to show the maximums of each reading, averages aren't that critical.

It should look like this, click the picture to make it bigger.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Nate152
Nice !

Since you're almost stable, in the bios on the extreme tweaker tab try:

Dram voltage -1.40v
CPU VCCSA voltage 1.25v - 1.30v

For you having just one error, this might get your 64GB 6200MHz stable.