Did you mean: 

CPU cooler score in Bios went from 170 down to 70

jincuteguy
Level 7
Hi guys, just built a new PC

Asus Rog Max Formula Z690 board
Corsair DDR5 5600 C36
Corsair 360mm AIO

When I first using the PC, the cpu cooler score in the Bios showed 170+, But now it only shows around 70
So how do I measure the cpu cooler score for the Bios again? Any infos would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Chainbold
Level 11
jincuteguy wrote:
Hi guys, just built a new PC

Asus Rog Max Formula Z690 board
Corsair DDR5 5600 C36
Corsair 360mm AIO

When I first using the PC, the cpu cooler score in the Bios showed 170+, But now it only shows around 70
So how do I measure the cpu cooler score for the Bios again? Any infos would be appreciated.

I think in the "AI" section of the BIOS, there are options related to the rating of your cooling solution, that you can select to recalibrate the rating. I think you could also reset BIOS to defaults, and the process will start again.

BTW: It seems 170 for a 360mm AIO is "excessive". My 420mm AIO is rated far below this.

Hi, I've just stumbled across this, for reference I have an NZXT Z63 AIO (280mm) which scores 170. I would imagine fan curve might have something to do with differing scores. While I'm allowing the motherboard to "train" the AIO I run the pump and fans at 100%, In my mind this shows the motherboard the maximum cooling potential of the AIO, I do this while stress testing the CPU with something like Prime95 or Furmark CPU Burner so I'm pitting 100% CPU against 100% cooling.