cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM DDR5 5600Mhz DOESN'T WORKS WITH Z690 EXTREME (SLI neither)

beryl
Level 8
I can't use XMP 1 or XMP 2, hte computer only starts with "AUTO" setting. What can i do? (with this motherboard i have the problem with SLI/NVLINK that it can't be enabled and NOW the XMP with a Corsair RAM). Whats is happen with this expensive z690 extreme motherboard?... everything are problems... i'm with BIOS 811 (latest) and the problems persists...
16 REPLIES 16

xeromist
Yes, from what I can tell that memory is not on the QVL and not supported at the rated speed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

rjbarker
Level 11
Im using that same kit Dominator 5600 C36 (Samsung) and it runs great on my Apex Bios 0811.....
Presently have it running 6000 C36....

Try bumping up your VDD / VDDQ / VDDQ Transmitter / Memory Controller n SA...check out this very simple guide (section on Memory)....

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126439-ROG-Z690-Overclocking-Guide

rjbarker wrote:
Im using that same kit Dominator 5600 C36 (Samsung) and it runs great on my Apex Bios 0811.....
Presently have it running 6000 C36....

Try bumping up your VDD / VDDQ / VDDQ Transmitter / Memory Controller n SA...check out this very simple guide (section on Memory)....

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126439-ROG-Z690-Overclocking-Guide

+1

Use the guide bump up VDD / VDDQ / VDDQ Transmitter / Memory Controller,..

Update BIOS to version 1101 release date 01/28/2022 from Asus Support,.. than you will have SLI key.

I'm running 1101 BIOS release date 01/26/2022 is latest beta version.

Basically with latest BIOS/microcode everything related to memory is much better.

Braegnok wrote:
+1

Use the guide bump up VDD / VDDQ / VDDQ Transmitter / Memory Controller,..

Update BIOS to version 1101 release date 01/28/2022 from Asus Support,.. than you will have SLI key.

I'm running 1101 BIOS release date 01/26/2022 is latest beta version.

Basically with latest BIOS/microcode everything related to memory is much better.

Thanks for your help guys… i’ve done everything you’d said but the XMP profile or 5600mhz speed are not working (even raising up the volts)… try with only 2 modules and nothing… only works with AUTO (i think is jedec ay 4800)…

I don’t know what to do… i’ll do the rma and try to catch a QVL module…

Hi guys, i’ve found a Kingston DDR5 Fury kit and WORKS GREAT with XMP. My question, what i have to do to fill the slot for dual channel? Or the better configuration? It’s a kit with two 16MB slot.

In the manual Said: there are these slots: Dimm a1 Dimm a2 Dimm b1 Dimm b2 and said that for Two kit stick the best setup is to fill DIMM A2 DIMM B2 (the second and fourth slot contingente from left to right). Is it correct? Y

sinmurv
Level 7
beryl wrote:
I can't use XMP 1 or XMP 2, hte computer only starts with "AUTO" setting. What can i do? (with this motherboard i have the problem with SLI/NVLINK that it can't be enabled and NOW the XMP with a Corsair RAM). Whats is happen with this expensive z690 extreme motherboard?... everything are problems... i'm with BIOS 811 (latest) and the problems persists...

hi Beryl, the Extreme is an extreme disappointment. Cheap capacitors, convoluted and congested VRM design, and numerous memory problems (yes, the Asus Z690 memory QVL is an extreme joke! All kits 6000 and above have intermittent cold boot Memtest failures, at least the G.Skill, Corsair, and T-Force ones I tried).

If you can return the Extreme, Â*do so. Get an Apex instead. Great board, and the memory support is a lot better given its 2 DIMM design. Also, higher quality components.Â*

I'm going to test the 1003 BIOS... if the problem continues, for sure i'll return it... SLI(NVLINK) doesn't works... DDR5 5.600 doesn't work... let me check the new BIOS version...

Going to Return this... Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 not working with XMPI or XMPII profiles...:mad:

rjbarker
Level 11
^^^^ Are you trying to run a single 32G (2*16G) kit or 64G (2 of those kits together)? If the latter that would definitely be a problem.

With a single kit, have you tried:
1. Allowing Bios to load defaults 4800 Mhz then run Memtest.

2. With XMP 1 loaded try VDD 1.275v / VDDQ 1.275v / VDDQ Transmit 1.275v / SA 1.25v / MC 1.3v

3. Try any of the pre-loaded Asus Memory Profiles (Samsung as thats what that kit is)

I very much doubt there is anything wrong with that Memory, as said its Samsung....the previous Dominator kits were Micron.

Good luck...let us know how you make out with above.