cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair 6200 cl36 (sk hinyx m)

Revollucion
Level 7
Hi anybody use this RAM successfully with Hero Apex or Extreme?

Would you keep sk hinyx m RAM over Samsung?

Thank you in advance. *
21 REPLIES 21

chsoriano wrote:
With the latest bios I am able to run this kit in XMP1 mode (DDR5-6200) without any further voltage or timing tweaks. So that's an improvement!

Memtest passes with no errors, but for some reason this resulted in ~400pt drop in Cinebench score (about 27,000 to 26,600).

I haven't tried gaming yet, but I'm going to try tonight.
By any chance is anyone running Windows 11 on this hardware? I'm trying to get memory core isolation to work but last time I enabled it (with the G.Skill DDR5-6000) the system wouldn't boot.
1003? Apex? How? I'm running Apex, 12900K and 6200 MHz CL36 memory [Corsair Dominator] and I have tons of errors in XMP I. and many errors in XMP II. and the only way I can get "some" stability is running XMP I. [I still had one error in one of four runs :/] while cranking up the VDD and VDDQ to 1.425v 😞

uplink wrote:
1003? Apex? How? I'm running Apex, 12900K and 6200 MHz CL36 memory [Corsair Dominator] and I have tons of errors in XMP I. and many errors in XMP II. and the only way I can get "some" stability is running XMP I. [I still had one error in one of four runs :/] while cranking up the VDD and VDDQ to 1.425v 😞

No, this is on a ROG Z690 Extreme and Bios 1101. Also with a 12900K and same memory.

I had errors on 1003 as well, but for whatever reason after flashing 1101 I was able to put it into stock XMP 1.

I read that the hynix chipsdon't scale as well as the samsung chips when adjusting VDD/VDDQ. You might want to back off a bit on the voltage. I'm not an expert though so just a thought 🙂

chsoriano wrote:
No, this is on a ROG Z690 Extreme and Bios 1101. Also with a 12900K and same memory.

I had errors on 1003 as well, but for whatever reason after flashing 1101 I was able to put it into stock XMP 1.

I read that the hynix chipsdon't scale as well as the samsung chips when adjusting VDD/VDDQ. You might want to back off a bit on the voltage. I'm not an expert though so just a thought 🙂
Crap...I didn't try that, because my mobo told me that it's wrong BiOS file, damn.

And yes, You may be right, I'll try it tomorrow with 1101, I just thought that Shamino added some SLi lic/whatever files compared to 1003 to Extreme and Apex. I've had Extreme before. Thank You for Your reply! 😮

//edit: I did try that, up to no avail 😞 dayum...I guess I'll have to wait for even newer BiOS/UEFi from Shamino.

chsoriano wrote:
With the latest bios I am able to run this kit in XMP1 mode (DDR5-6200) without any further voltage or timing tweaks. So that's an improvement!

Memtest passes with no errors, but for some reason this resulted in ~400pt drop in Cinebench score (about 27,000 to 26,600).

I haven't tried gaming yet, but I'm going to try tonight.
By any chance is anyone running Windows 11 on this hardware? I'm trying to get memory core isolation to work but last time I enabled it (with the G.Skill DDR5-6000) the system wouldn't boot.

I'm using the same exact setup as you(extreme,12900k,4x 6200).even after flashing 1101 still can't get the xmp to work!any tips?

drdan wrote:
I'm using the same exact setup as you(extreme,12900k,4x 6200).even after flashing 1101 still can't get the xmp to work!any tips?

If you are trying to get 4x16 @ DDR5-6200, I don't have any advice. I couldn't get that to work either. I tried some more this weekend and decided to give up for now. Fingers crossed there might be some bios revisions in the future to help get it stable (even at something like DDR5-5200)

I was able to get XMP 1 stable running 2x16 at DDR5-6200 (as advertised) for total of 32GB. This is in DIMM2 and DIMM4 (A2/B2).

drdan wrote:

4x16 6200 isn’t going to happen.

Take a look at what memory vendors are offering. Do you see any 4x 16gb 6200 kits on the market? There’s a good reason for this. We warn users about combining memory kits constantly, and yet many will go out and buy multiple kits continually and then wonder why there is an issue.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...

As memory IC and DDR5 matures we may see some better 4 DIMM OC results, but there’s no timescale on something like this.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Chainbold wrote:
Sorry to hear this. 2 kits CMT32GX5M2X6200C36 must have cost you dearly.

That it is impossible to run DDR5 with all 4 DIMM sockets populated, is meanwhile around. But why can't you run even run only 2x16 GB at stock/default frequency? Is the memory faulty, or does the BIOS needs finetuning?

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't work based on what I had read, but I had to try.

I don't know why neither kit works in 2x16 config at stock DDR5-6200 though. My guess is it is bios tuning. I haven't had time to really test different timings or full range of voltages but maybe this weekend. I use the rig to work so I can't afford downtime during the week 🙂

mc_suly_514
Level 7
i have this kit, im going to test it on the APEX next week hopefully when im done my work contract

rjbarker
Level 11
^^^^ Keep us posted as I have same kit (replacing Dom 5600 C36 which OC to 6000 C36 no issues) to run on my Apex Board.....working till 18 Feb, so have to wait!

rjbarker
Level 11
1101 bios is the one you should be using.