cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean Install W11 - Audio Driver Without All the Nahimic Sonic Stuff

rjbarker
Level 11
Hi Guys
Im having problems with Windows De-Activating after flashing BIOS or even after switching BIOS.
Its a Digital License purchased directly from MS Store.

I have tried everything under the planet to get it to Re-Activate....nothing works, so am chalking it up as to potential corrupt Boot Drive / OS.

I want to re-install but would like to install Audio Drivers without all the Nahimic Bloatware (Sonic Studio and anything related to Sonic), just want HD Audio Driver.

I know if I install the "package" I'll wind up with everything.

Any suggestions as to ensuring just the basic HD Audio installs?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Rusty_Gunn
Level 8
Download the package from MoKiChU, then edit (with notepad or your text editor of preference) the install.cmd file to remove all the 3rd party stuff (you can either erase the line, or just put the command 'rem' at the beginning of each line to comment it out. I rem out the restart line and as a pause command as well as I want to see the output and would rather restart on my own.

MoKiChU has the Realtek and 3rd party components in separate folders so it is apparent which is which.

I don't know how many hours (including manually cleaning the registry) I spent to get rid of this Nahimic stuff. Bloatware + useless. It's an abomination. Asus should consider to drop this.

Rusty_Gunn wrote:
Download the package from MoKiChU, then edit (with notepad or your text editor of preference) the install.cmd file to remove all the 3rd party stuff (you can either erase the line, or just put the command 'rem' at the beginning of each line to comment it out. I rem out the restart line and as a pause command as well as I want to see the output and would rather restart on my own.

MoKiChU has the Realtek and 3rd party components in separate folders so it is apparent which is which.

Thanks man....but I need detailed instructions on what to do with that large zipped file that contains all ....the original instructions are simple as right click on Gen 1 and run as administrator, but I believe this installs everything?

Would simply like HD Audio ....if thats possible.

rjbarker wrote:
Thanks man....but I need detailed instructions on what to do with that large zipped file that contains all ....the original instructions are simple as right click on Gen 1 and run as administrator, but I believe this installs everything?

Would simply like HD Audio ....if thats possible.

the gen 1 and gen 2 are separate packages now. download the correct package and unpack it. in the folder you unpack to you will find an 'install' file, that is the one you want to edit in notepad. once you have edited it, save it, then run as administrator as normal, then restart (use MoKiChU's cleaning process first if you have already installed some set of drivers for it). i have a z690-f board and download the first package in the thread for Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB). it will only install the minimum to get it all working. i had issues with the 3rd party components and only need stereo output which is why i did it. here is my edited install file (I added the 'rem's and the last 'pause'):

@echo off
%windir%\system32\reg.exe query "HKU\S-1-5-19" >nul 2>&1 || (
echo /!\ Run as administrator /!\
echo.
echo Press any key to continue ...
pause >nul
exit
)
pushd %~dp0
pnputil /a Realtek\CodecUsb_2311\RtDUsbAD_asus.inf /i
pnputil /a Realtek\ExtRtkUsb_56\ExtRtXUsb_Asus_AVO_RTK.inf /i
pnputil /a Realtek\RealtekUSBAPO_984\RealtekUSBAPO.inf /i
pnputil /a Realtek\RealtekService_480\RealtekService.inf /i
pnputil /a Realtek\RealtekHSA_261\RealtekHSA.inf /i
pnputil /a Realtek\RealtekASIO_8\RealtekASIO.inf /i
rem pnputil /a ThirdParty\SS3\OEM_INF_Extension_-_ASUS\AVoluteSS3Ext.inf /i
rem pnputil /a ThirdParty\SS3\A-Volute_APO_3_-_SWC\A-VoluteNh3ApoSwc.inf /i
rem pnputil /a ThirdParty\SS3\OEM_INF_Media_-_ASUS\AVoluteSS3Vad.inf /i
rem pnputil /a ThirdParty\DTS\DTS_UWP_APO4x_Asus_EXT_1.10.13.0\dtsapo4ultraAsusextensionpkg.inf /i
rem shutdown /r /t 0
pause

Fakum
Level 9

I want to accomplish the same thing (Except im on Win 10, but I downloaded the file "AUDIO_Realtek_USB_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3-DTS_v6.3.9600.2355" from MoKiChU, located here:

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/drivers-realtek-usb-audio-intel-5xx-6xx-7xx-amd-5xx-6xx-trx40.11389/

And there was no "Install.cmd" file located anywhere within that file structure that I could see to do a fresh install of Windows 10? Where is it or do I have the wrong file? Thank you,

Fakum_1-1685306307133.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle