cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth headset not working/connecting

SHAYTOON21
Level 7
Hello,

I just built a new pc with the z690 mobo. Did a clean install of win10. Updated all drivers, including bluetooth.

I have a bose qc35 which connects to everything perfectly fine. Connected to my previous pc with no issues either. Now that Im on the new pc, the headset struggles to be found or connect to windows.

Windows sometimes finds it as a non audio device. If it does find it as an audio headset device, it doesnt connect. Like it says it paired and connected, but then doesnt work when I select it as the main audio device. Nothing happens. Sometimes it gets removed completely and I have to go through the pairing process again.

Any ideas or tips I can try out?
21 REPLIES 21

Adrian1983
Level 11
I have got the Strix Z690 Gaming A and bluetooth is completely broken! I have installed all drivers even the newer ones I can't connect anything to the bluetooth on this board I have tried multiple phones tablets headset it is broken, I have no idea who is testing this stuff at Asus but it simply does not work.

Adrian1983 wrote:
I have got the Strix Z690 Gaming A

i have the same exact motherboard and bluetooth has been terrible so far, sadly.

SHAYTOON21 wrote:
i have the same exact motherboard and bluetooth has been terrible so far, sadly.

Yep complete shambles, I have no idea how this got released like this but it simply does not work whatsoever other than Windows saying the radio is enabled other than that nothing works for me, Nothing at all.

SHAYTOON21
Level 7
got on the phone with asus. they told me the headset isnt compatible with the mobo.

why? because my headset is at 4.1 and caps at 5.0. the mobo goes up to 5.2. so is the mobo not able to detect anything below 5.2 or does every new BT device have to be 5.0 going forward? because thats one part the rep wasnt able to answer.

SHAYTOON21 wrote:
got on the phone with asus. they told me the headset isnt compatible with the mobo.

why? because my headset is at 4.1 and caps at 5.0. the mobo goes up to 5.2. so is the mobo not able to detect anything below 5.2 or does every new BT device have to be 5.0 going forward? because thats one part the rep wasn't able to answer.

That's absolute nonsense you are being told lol, What modern blue tooth device does not connect to your older devices? All of them this is rubbish from Asus, I cannot get 1 thing to connect to this crappy blue tooth, Imo this is false advertising because it is completely broken, For eg I have tried connecting my One PLus 8 Pro not having it, Tried a Samsunbg S20 not having it, Tried my PC keyboard which is Wireless/Blue tooth the Logitech G 915 not having it, I haver tried my beats not having none of it, This is not early adopters rubbish blue tooth has been out since the dinosaurs and it still does not work on the Gaming A, I'd be interested to know what models of the Asus Z690 range don't work either.

SHAYTOON21
Level 7
i totally feel ya. its quite the bs. im gonna call again tomorrow and see what happens.

SHAYTOON21
Level 7
ended up sending an email to the office of the ceo. they came back wanting to do an RMA. they think it is a hardware issue and that the rma will fix things. i declined because i do not and am not prepared to go through a whole tear down.

SHAYTOON21
Level 7
Soooo I finally had the time to break down the PC, so I can RMA the mobo.

I sent it in 12 days ago. They said theyre trying to find a replacement and will get back to me in 3-4 days.

Is this how most RMAs work? Does it take this long to get something replaced?

Im starting to get a bad taste in my mouth and not sure if this is an Asus issue or just how all RMAs work.

FMobile
Level 7
I am unable to pair my stuff with z690 strix g-Gaming WIFI as well.
I wont bother finding the solutions or being on the phone with ASUS. I hardly ever need bluetooth.
I am just disappointed it is happening with such expensive boards. Before I owned z490 and there was an issue with Ethernet 2.5GB (unfixable due to hardware issues), now this...