cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth disappeared from ROG Strix Z690-F

MOSSMANG
Level 7
Hi all,

Built a new PC about a month ago with Z690-F ROG strix and was all fine. After a week or so my Xbox Elite controller would drop out occasionally.
Going in to Bluetooth settings I could see that it was paired but not working and the only way to get it back working was to Remove device and pair the controller again. Very frustrating.

This went on for a few weeks and then it dropped out again but now I cant remove it from my devices, comes back as failed when I try.
Started to look in to solutions and found that the on/off switch for the Bluetooth is gone. its also gone from the quick menu on the bottom left.

Bluetooth in Device Manager Bluetooth dropdown in there when i View Hidden Devices but when i drop in down all the icons are all very light blue so greyed out basically.

If i click on Intel Wireless Bluetooth i get -

(Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

I ran the Trouble-shooter and the message I get is ( Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using a external adapter to add Bluetooth capability to this computer)

Obviously Bluetooth is on this motherboard so the only thing I can think is that the chip is blown?

I've installed the up to date drivers and reset and reset and reset.....

I've turned Bluetooth off and on in the Bios and still nothing.

Is this an RMA situation or is there something else I can do?

Thanks for the help

Taylor
1 REPLY 1

markus64s
Level 7

I have the same problem. Hard reboots can bring it back for a few minutes then my bluetooth disappears.