cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS v1720 Compulsory Update Mega Thread

xeromist
Moderator
Hi all,

ASUS is aware of the recent 1720 BIOS that was pushed by Windows Update as well as the complaints of voltage regulation.

ASUS provided this update as optional but if you had a different experience please post here in as much detail as possible:
-Whether you clicked check for updates or Windows updated automatically
-Exact name of the update as it appears on your system
-Date you got the update
-Country or region
-Windows version and product level (ie Windows 11 Home)
-Any update related settings you have chosen such as the Windows Insider Program
-Screenshots if you see Windows listing this update as anything other than optional

Thank you

This thread will be updated as more information is available.

*Multiple threads merged here. Apologies if some of the conversation is disjointed.*
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
47,065 Views
223 REPLIES 223

Simk1n
Level 8
There is a new 2004 BIOS out, has this one corrected the issues from 1720?

Simk1n wrote:
There is a new 2004 BIOS out, has this one corrected the issues from 1720?


I tested 2004 on Az690 extreme, xmp1 and xmp2 is still borked with my teamgroup 6200 cl38 and my gskill 6000 cl36.

To get my ram to work with no bios memtest errors and not have games crash is by using buildzoids ddr5 memory tweaks and voltages.

I havent tried the undervolting if it works now or not.

The bios does include a toggle for intel arc video card tweak thats not mentioned.

Strix A here, 2004 fixes voltage issues and ring ratio bug with 1720. I'm happy with it.

Simk1n wrote:
There is a new 2004 BIOS out, has this one corrected the issues from 1720?


It seems 2004 will not allow bios flashback whatever way you try. In the UEFI, no go. USB flashback, no go to. Anyways, I've got a thread started about this problem here.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130496-OFFICIAL-Bios-ver-2004-will-not-allow-bios-flashbac...

Please reply to that thread if you have this issue so we can keep all complaints in one place.

Thanks

( I should also note that the voltage issues found in ver 1720 appear to be fixed in 2004.)

raven77uk
Level 10
Strix A here, 2004 fixes voltage issues and ring ratio bug with 1720. I'm happy with it.

MKKROG
Level 7
Hi;
I have ROG Z690-F WiFi & i7 12700kf
What about bios V 2004 it is fine ?
what first update bios or Intel ME 16.1.25.1885v2 ???
thanks

MKKROG wrote:
Hi;
I have ROG Z690-F WiFi & i7 12700kf
What about bios V 2004 it is fine ?
what first update bios or Intel ME 16.1.25.1885v2 ???
thanks


Update ME first, then BIOS.

2004 is so far so good on my Apex.

Asus PRIME Z690-A with gskill 5600 cl 36
1403 rock solid
1505 unstable
1601 unstable
1720 unstable
unstable even after formatting the system as support told me to do so

Raider0001 wrote:
Asus PRIME Z690-A with gskill 5600 cl 36
1403 rock solid
1505 unstable
1601 unstable
1720 unstable
unstable even after formatting the system as support told me to do so


i can confirm your list!
In 1720 my gpu crashes in video games too... after updating to 2004 this problem semms to be gone...
z690-f with 12700k 32gb (2x 16GB) Gskill 5600 cl36 RAM and 3080Ti on Win 11
....early adoptor problems.... 😞

Mainko wrote:
i can confirm your list!
In 1720 my gpu crashes in video games too... after updating to 2004 this problem semms to be gone...
z690-f with 12700k 32gb (2x 16GB) Gskill 5600 cl36 RAM and 3080Ti on Win 11
....early adoptor problems.... 😞


there is no 2004 bios for me