cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BIOS 2003/2004] Custom "V/F Point Offset" NOT working

carlisle97
Level 7
On latest BIOS 2003 (2004 for TUF+) "AI Tweaker" -> "V/F Point Offset" s not working, it's being ignored.

I applied a negative 0.05 V offset to all the 11 points, rebooted, entered the BIOS again and offset are not shown. Testing with Cinebench R23 and HWInfo confirms it.

7 REPLIES 7

CRJ84
Level 9
I have the same issue with bios 2004 Rog Strix-A gaming wifi D4

CRJ84 wrote:
I have the same issue with bios 2004 Rog Strix-A gaming wifi D4

I reported it to Asus via their support (account.asus.com -> get support for my product -> report a problem): they should email you a word file containing a form to compile and send back. I hope that the more of us report this problem, the more likely they'll fix it. If you have some spare time and you wish to you could report it as well!

Observing the same issue, it seems to only affect undervolting.

Bigglet
Level 8
This was already the case on BIOS 1720 as well. Undervolting possibilities seem to be removed, but yet no official statement why this is the case. There is some mention of "Intel CPU stability" but they could at least mention that undervolting (not just the V,F curve, but everything) is not possible.
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z-690-F GAMING | CPU: i7-12700KF | RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6600 CL32 CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW | Cooler: Corsair h150i ELITE CAPELLIX | Storage: Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | Storage 2: Samsung 870 EVO 1TB | Storage 3: WD BLUE 7200 RPM 2TB

Bigglet wrote:
This was already the case on BIOS 1720 as well. Undervolting possibilities seem to be removed, but yet no official statement why this is the case. There is some mention of "Intel CPU stability" but they could at least mention that undervolting (not just the V,F curve, but everything) is not possible.

Yes, on BIOS 1720 (1620 for Prime) undervolting wasn't possible at all. Now, on BIOS 2004 (2003 for Prime), Global Core SVID undervolt works fine, but undervolting with "V/F point offset" is ignored.
Additionally, downgrading from BIOS 2003/2004 to a previous (completely working) BIOS version is not allowed.

Exactly. Asus requested a video and I sent them one showing the problem. Hopefully it's fixed by the next update...

UltimateBachson
Level 7
Exactly. Asus requested a video and I sent them one showing the problem. Hopefully it's fixed by the next update...