cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
17 REPLIES 17

mbacco wrote:
Memory not recognized and stable only at 2.000 Mhz clock.

There are many discussions on various forums about using 4 sticks of memory.
Try using 2 sticks of memory.
There are people who are saying that the problem is not the motherboards (BIOS) but the memory controller of the INTEL processor.

TZero wrote:
There are many discussions on various forums about using 4 sticks of memory.
Try using 2 sticks of memory.
There are people who are saying that the problem is not the motherboards (BIOS) but the memory controller of the INTEL processor.

it is still a problem; if it is an Intel problem how do you ask for the change of cpu? Was Asus aware of these problems on ram? officially there is nothing, but we have products that do not comply with the technical specifications; this is a big problem both commercial and technical: products are sold out of specification!

Hopper64
Level 15
I always thought this was the best review of combining memory kits here:

*https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Installed, it's running without problem. I can't see a difference to the last official beta though.

The 4 module "issue" should not be discussed here but in one of the many dedicated threads. It apparently has nothing to do with the BIOS, and hence won't be fixed by BIOS updates.

After more testing, it seems I found a bug with this beta BIOS.

This is with Z690-F / 12900 / DDR5 6000

I have been using the BIOS AI function for overclocking the CPU. With all previous BIOS versions, AI always resulted in 54/54/54/53, meaning when all P-CORES are running under full load, the CPU would run at 5300 MHZ. I could run the full 5 minute INTEL stress test with no problem.

Having 1302 flashed, I cannot run the INTEL stress, or any other stress anymore. The system freezes after a few seconds. I checked the applied multipliers with Intel utility and HWINFO, and found that apparently 1302 set the multiplier to 55/55/55/54, resulting in running all P-CORES at 5400 MHZ under load. Now, the point is that the 1302 BIOS itself shows (as for previous BIOS versions) in the AI screen: 54/54/54/53. It seems despite such BIOS indication, 1302 is actually applying higher ratios - which in turn freeze the system.

I just flashed back to 1003. And now the actually applied ratios are exactly as shown in BIOS.

Maybe, I am wrong. Could somebody try to replicate this?

Chainbold wrote:
After more testing, it seems I found a bug with this beta BIOS.

This is with Z690-F / 12900 / DDR5 6000

I have been using the BIOS AI function for overclocking the CPU. With all previous BIOS versions, AI always resulted in 54/54/54/53, meaning when all P-CORES are running under full load, the CPU would run at 5300 MHZ. I could run the full 5 minute INTEL stress test with no problem.

Having 1302 flashed, I cannot run the INTEL stress, or any other stress anymore. The system freezes after a few seconds. I checked the applied multipliers with Intel utility and HWINFO, and found that apparently 1302 set the multiplier to 55/55/55/54, resulting in running all P-CORES at 5400 MHZ under load. Now, the point is that the 1302 BIOS itself shows (as for previous BIOS versions) in the AI screen: 54/54/54/53. It seems despite such BIOS indication, 1302 is actually applying higher ratios - which in turn freeze the system.

I just flashed back to 1003. And now the actually applied ratios are exactly as shown in BIOS.

Maybe, I am wrong. Could somebody try to replicate this?

Check Intel TVB settings.

Hopper64 wrote:
I always thought this was the best review of combining memory kits here:

*https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...

It is. Nobody has since documented anything that covers why these things are ill-advised as deep as to the electrical level. Even users who consider themselves reasonably well versed still fall prey to this trap - and that's when arguments like "how come this works for me, then?" arise.

The aforementioned article makes these things perfectly clear, which is why I stickied it to this subsection. Anybody who needs to ask why combining kits doesn't work in their system should definitely avoid doing so in the first place.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

After updating to 1302, my Aura Sync stopped working with my Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh's LED Fans. Anyone having the same problem?

If I downgrade back to 1003, Aura Sync is working with the case fans LED again. My MB is Z690-E.

inkle wrote:
After updating to 1302, my Aura Sync stopped working with my Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh's LED Fans. Anyone having the same problem?

If I downgrade back to 1003, Aura Sync is working with the case fans LED again. My MB is Z690-E.

Try the Official 1304 BIOS.