cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z790 BIOS Thermal Settings & CPU Temperatures

swale
Level 8

I've just built a new PC using an Asus TUF Gaming Plus WiFi motherboard & i7-13700k CPU & Noctua NH-D14 cooler. I'm still checking the BIOS configuration and haven't installed Windows yet.

With BIOS defaults, the idle CPU temperature in the BIOS is 34C in the EZ Mode view. However, when you go to the Monitor page it reports a CPU temperature of 34C and a CPU package temperature of 45C. Does this indicate a well seated CPU?

I then set the ASUS Multicore Enhancement from Auto to Disabled Enforce All Limits & SVID Behaviour from Typical Scenario to Intel's Fail Safe. I was surprised to find this resulted in the CPU temperature increasing to 43C. Why?

I've therefore set those back to defaults. The only changes from defaults I now have are to set a maximum CPU temperature of 85C and limit the long and short duration power limits to 125W and 200W respectively.

2 REPLIES 2

midianprime
Level 8

I have the Z790 Extreme with XMP II enable with AI overclocking. I'm watercooled thought, my ide temps are average 40C. When stress testing with Cinebench stays around 89C. When playing Cyberpunk 2077 stays around 55C. Looks like your setup is just fine. Only need to worry is when your  pushing high 90's.

Nate152

Hello swale

Cpu package temp is the temp of the hottest core.

Your temps don't look out of the ordinary, how are temps when you play games?