cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z790-A Wifi microphone SO low

Beric77
Level 7
Hello,

Windows 11 and last BIOS.

The microphone is so low, the windows test barely detects sound imput. On discord people don't hear me.

At first, i tried the audio driver from oficial page > https://www.asus.com/es/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-z790-a-wifi/
Now i have the drivers of MoKiChU thread:, PRIME DTSX Ultra
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-6xx-7x...

But the sound imput is still very low, no difference between the two drivers. I also tried turn up the mic amplification +20 and stil not working.

What can i do ? I am thinking of returning the product and buy another.

Any idea ?

Thanks,
1,876 Views
7 REPLIES 7

JohnAb
Level 17
I assume you're using the 3.5mm jack... Have you tried a USB microphone? If neither work then it might be drivers.
Z690 Hero, 12900K, BIOS 3603, MEI 2407.6.1.0, ME Firmware 16.1.32.2418, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

Beric77 wrote:
Hello,

Windows 11 and last BIOS.

The microphone is so low, the windows test barely detects sound imput. On discord people don't hear me.

At first, i tried the audio driver from oficial page > https://www.asus.com/es/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-z790-a-wifi/
Now i have the drivers of MoKiChU thread:, PRIME DTSX Ultra
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-6xx-7x...

But the sound imput is still very low, no difference between the two drivers. I also tried turn up the mic amplification +20 and stil not working.

What can i do ? I am thinking of returning the product and buy another.

Any idea ?

Thanks,


Hi,

- Check that Two-Way AI Noise Cancellation is disabled in Armoury Crate.
- Do not go beyond 48000Hz 24Bits for audio ouput (default) and 48000Hz 16Bits for audio input (default).

JohnAb wrote:
I assume you're using the 3.5mm jack... Have you tried a USB microphone? If neither work then it might be drivers.


Hi,

For information USB headphones/headset/microphone/speakers uses its own drivers and does not use the drivers for the motherboard built-in audio.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

- Check that Two-Way AI Noise Cancellation is disabled in Armoury Crate.
- Do not go beyond 48000Hz 24Bits for audio ouput (default) and 48000Hz 16Bits for audio input (default).


I have not installed it
https://i.imgur.com/TYy6grO.png

I have tried everything, but now i have the default options > ouput 48000Hz 24Bits (default) and imput 48000Hz 16Bits

Im reading I'm not the only one affected

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/trryc1/asus_z690i_extremely_low_microphone_volume/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/sf4tau/fixes_for_realtek_alc4080_sound_problems_on_asus/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/tks6ct/asus_tuf_a15_fa506ic_bios301_microphone_very_low/

Thanks.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Beric77 wrote:
Hello,

Windows 11 and last BIOS.

The microphone is so low, the windows test barely detects sound imput. On discord people don't hear me.

At first, i tried the audio driver from oficial page > https://www.asus.com/es/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-z790-a-wifi/
Now i have the drivers of MoKiChU thread:, PRIME DTSX Ultra
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-6xx-7x...

But the sound imput is still very low, no difference between the two drivers. I also tried turn up the mic amplification +20 and stil not working.

What can i do ? I am thinking of returning the product and buy another.

Any idea ?

Thanks,


Hi,

- Check that Two-Way AI Noise Cancellation is disabled in Armoury Crate.
- Do not go beyond 48000Hz 24Bits for audio ouput (default) and 48000Hz 16Bits for audio input (default).

JohnAb wrote:
I assume you're using the 3.5mm jack... Have you tried a USB microphone? If neither work then it might be drivers.


Hi,

For information USB headphones/headset/microphone/speakers uses its own drivers and does not use the drivers for the motherboard built-in audio.

Saltgrass
Level 13
You never mention the version of your headset. It might be helpful because certain ones may have know issues. Also, one of us may have one to test.

Certain type of microphones require you to be very close before speaking. I also like to watch the voice recorder to see how that looks.

I am currently involved is a situation dealing with the microphone on an Apple AirPods Pro 2 headset, so I have been doing quite a bit of research.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
You never mention the version of your headset. It might be helpful because certain ones may have know issues. Also, one of us may have one to test.

Certain type of microphones require you to be very close before speaking. I also like to watch the voice recorder to see how that looks.

I am currently involved is a situation dealing with the microphone on an Apple AirPods Pro 2 headset, so I have been doing quite a bit of research.


Hyper Cloud Alhpa. The microphone works correctly one week ago on my old PC.