cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z690I ITX Thunderbolt Problem

luki12
Level 7
Hello, I have problem. I don't know if the problem exist before but now on bios 2204 and the latest drivers (i reinstall windows 11 today, i have clean instalation) this problem exist. Whan i power on pc, the application Thunderbolt not show any thunderbolt devices and the drivers, and in device manager 'Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #5 - 7ABC' An ACPI power object failed to transition state, when i reboot windows the thunderbolt appear and show in Thunderbolt application, and device manager is everything ok. I have Asus Z690I ITX motherboard and Intel 13700k.
18 REPLIES 18

Did you have any luck getting support from ASUS on these issues?  I'm curious because I have a Z590 board with different TBT issues with a TBT enclosure - and I'm struggling to get ASUS really engaged.  Hopefully that will change .  I do wish I had a MOBO that would accept an Add-in card but my Z590 board doesn't have an on-board TBT header to use to support the TBT4 EX card.  😞   I feel your pain - I too am annoyed.  Almost to the point that my next purchase - will be much more thoughtful and I will look to see if there are better choices out there.  The time I have spent on this issue is amazing...

luki12
Level 7
Hello Angstromboli

Probably the upgrade to the 13 gon core or the bios occur this problem.

You should write this problem in this topic forum - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131615-TB-not-working-after-BOS-upgrade-2204

Jiaszzz@ROG will be contact about this thunderbolt problem to Asus relevant team.

luki12 wrote:
Hello Angstromboli

Probably the upgrade to the 13 gon core or the bios occur this problem.

You should write this problem in this topic forum - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131615-TB-not-working-after-BOS-upgrade-2204

Jiaszzz@ROG will be contact about this thunderbolt problem to Asus relevant team.

I'm having a very similar issue with an ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 motherboard and I have a 12th gen CPU. This happened the moment I updated the BIOS, so I believe these new BIOS versions are causing Thunderbolt issues. I'm trying to roll back to a BIOS version before 2004 (for my motherboard).

raugam111 wrote:
I'm having a very similar issue with an ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 motherboard and I have a 12th gen CPU. This happened the moment I updated the BIOS, so I believe these new BIOS versions are causing Thunderbolt issues. I'm trying to roll back to a BIOS version before 2004 (for my motherboard).

You cannot roll back to BIOS prior to 2004. It's not permitted, just to save you the trouble of trying...
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
You cannot roll back to BIOS prior to 2004. It's not permitted, just to save you the trouble of trying...

I have been trying for the past 2 weeks or so, unsuccessfully. But I did find an answer in another thread in this forum that gave me hope because it seems like it is in fact possible (with the help of ASUS support).

In this other thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131615-TB-not-working-after-BOS-upgrade-2204&p=886163&post...

The OP mentioned they were having a similar issue and were also stuck in a version above 2004 (they wanted to roll back to 1720). They later in the thread mentioned that they successfully rolled back to 1720. I asked them to please provide some information on how they did so and they mentioned there is a "customized (bridge) BIOS version" that they were provided with from their local ASUS support that allowed them to roll back successfully.

I've tried requesting this to ASUS support myself and I am hoping to get a hold of this for my motherboard model. Still waiting to hear back from support with this.

raugam111 wrote:
I have been trying for the past 2 weeks or so, unsuccessfully. But I did find an answer in another thread in this forum that gave me hope because it seems like it is in fact possible (with the help of ASUS support).

In this other thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131615-TB-not-working-after-BOS-upgrade-2204&p=886163&post...

The OP mentioned they were having a similar issue and were also stuck in a version above 2004 (they wanted to roll back to 1720). They later in the thread mentioned that they successfully rolled back to 1720. I asked them to please provide some information on how they did so and they mentioned there is a "customized (bridge) BIOS version" that they were provided with from their local ASUS support that allowed them to roll back successfully.

I've tried requesting this to ASUS support myself and I am hoping to get a hold of this for my motherboard model. Still waiting to hear back from support with this.

Very interesting. I think a lot of people would be very interested in that. That's the first time I have heard of a modified BIOS available through support - thanks for the update. If you get a copy, please let us know 🙂
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2406.5.5.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
Very interesting. I think a lot of people would be very interested in that. That's the first time I have heard of a modified BIOS available through support - thanks for the update. If you get a copy, please let us know 🙂

Of course! Most definitely will 🙂

neuromac
Level 7
luki12 wrote:
Hello, I have problem. I don't know if the problem exist before but now on bios 2204 and the latest drivers (i reinstall windows 11 today, i have clean instalation) this problem exist. Whan i power on pc, the application Thunderbolt not show any thunderbolt devices and the drivers, and in device manager 'Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #5 - 7ABC' An ACPI power object failed to transition state, when i reboot windows the thunderbolt appear and show in Thunderbolt application, and device manager is everything ok. I have Asus Z690I ITX motherboard and Intel 13700k.

This is exactly the same problem I am having with an Asus z690 ProArt creator. I get the error on every cold boot but everything starts working if I reboot. I think it’s a problem with the thunderbolt initialization. I have played with the PCI-e power management options but have not been able to fix it. Please post here if you find a solution. After installing the recommended drivers, disable fast boot in the bios and fast startup in Windows 11. This has been suggested elsewhere. Hope you get it fixed.

luki12
Level 7

Hello, After update bios to 2602 and Intel ME is much worse with Thunderbolt. Now i don't have error 'Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #5 - 7ABC' An ACPI power object failed to transition state, but thunderbolt disapear with no error, or when i plug my non thunderbolt device Kingston xs2000 is not detected. But i have one time new error and 12000 Whea error.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-08-16 170852.jpgplik2.jpg