cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z690 Hero Mobo - No XMP 3.0 Profile - Corsair Dominator DDR5 5200 Mhz C38

Godman84
Level 7
Is there a reason why there is no XMP 3.0 profile for the Asus Z690 Hero Motherboard with the Corsair Dominator DDR5 RAM? This is a pretty high end board and I'm surprised the new XMP 3.0 profile is not accessible. Please share your thoughts.
4 REPLIES 4

Undertoker
Level 9
i have the same issue - these boards are a f-ing nightmare
The bios updates past 811 half the performance of the gpu as well.
Tbh im looking to get rid of this board its been nothing but aggro
I9 14900K >ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4090 OC Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX Motherboard
ASUS ROG PG35VQ @ 200mhz in 3440x1440
Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR5 @ 6400mhz
Samsung 980 EVO Pro M.2 x 5 off
NZXT Z63 Kraken AIO CPU Cooler
NZXT H700i + Hue 2 (Pubg Edition) - Heavily modified
ASUS ROG THOR 1200w PSU
Corsair M65 RGB Mouse
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard

Legolas
Level 9
Godman84 wrote:
Is there a reason why there is no XMP 3.0 profile for the Asus Z690 Hero Motherboard with the Corsair Dominator DDR5 RAM? This is a pretty high end board and I'm surprised the new XMP 3.0 profile is not accessible. Please share your thoughts.

Hello Godman84,
What model# is the memory? Is it in the memory QVL? Usually, if the memory kit is not in the QVL, the XMP profile is not added to the bios and not show as XMP.
Did you update latest BIOS? Thanks
Sincerely,
Legolas

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello, check SPD for your kit in AIDA64, are you saying there's a profile not showing in the UEFI that should be? If so please elaborate.

XMP 3.0 is the technology iteration. This is present on all qualified kits and also accessible on all Z690 ROG motherboards. XMP 1 and XMP 2 within the BIOS represent two options

XMP I - Board optimised sub timings and the profile qualified by ASUS and the memory vendor

XMP II - Default XMP timings

If there is more than one timing profile available on SPD for the kit, these will show also.

NOTE: any use of expletives the post will be removed, thank you
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

My memory is in the QVL List.

Are you saying there is no BIOS option for XMP III? I have I and II and assumed you could selection option III with Alder Lake.

Thanks