cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus z690 hero event id 17 whea-logge

tomerturbo
Level 7
Hello everyone i have asus z690 hero 13900k 2x16gb g skill 6400mhz gpu 1660 super(temp whait for my 4090) every time when i start windows from cold boot i see in the eventlog a lot of event id 17 whea-logger when i do restart and i log into windows no event id 17 whea-logger only when i power my pc first time i see a lot of event id 17 whea-logger
what can casue this?
Thanks for the help
11 REPLIES 11

JohnAb
Level 17
I had a lot of WHEA 17 errors after an install of Windows, which I assumed were related to a bad (corrupted) Windows driver. Once I reinstalled Windows and let Armoury Crate update the drivers, the errors went away. I also got a lot of errors when I tried reducing my PCH voltage to minimum values.

Have you modified anything in the BIOS or are you on defaults? Are all of your drivers up to date? Have you looked at your PSU voltages using something like HWINfo and are the voltages stable?
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
I had a lot of WHEA 17 errors after an install of Windows, which I assumed were related to a bad (corrupted) Windows driver. Once I reinstalled Windows and let Armoury Crate update the drivers, the errors went away. I also got a lot of errors when I tried reducing my PCH voltage to minimum values.

Have you modified anything in the BIOS or are you on defaults? Are all of your drivers up to date? Have you looked at your PSU voltages using something like HWINfo and are the voltages stable?

first of all thanks for the respone

my cpu is on stock only XMP my psu voltage is ok according to my bios voltage and hwmonitor everyting seems to be ok

JohnAb
Level 17
OK. Sorry I don't have a clear answer for you then, but like I said before, a fresh install of Windows fixed them for me. Might be worth trying if you haven't done that yet. Also check all of your drives for errors as well before doing that.

WHEA 17 errors are related to the PCIe bus - used for your GPU, USB controller and certainly NVME drives. I don't know if the SATA ports are related to PCIe or not. So maybe have a think about anything you have that might be using the bus - might provide some more ideas about what to focus on. Do you have any other PCIe cards (like video capture, networking cards etc) that might be faulty or have old drivers? I'll let you know if I come across anything else that might help....

One more thing - just make sure that all of your connections to the motherboard and PSU are solid. Probably not the cause, but easy to do and something could have worked loose. With thermal expansion/contraction, a poor connection could be causing errors after the machine has been on for a while.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
OK. Sorry I don't have a clear answer for you then, but like I said before, a fresh install of Windows fixed them for me. Might be worth trying if you haven't done that yet. Also check all of your drives for errors as well before doing that.

WHEA 17 errors are related to the PCIe bus - used for your GPU, USB controller and certainly NVME drives. I don't know if the SATA ports are related to PCIe or not. So maybe have a think about anything you have that might be using the bus - might provide some more ideas about what to focus on. Do you have any other PCIe cards (like video capture, networking cards etc) that might be faulty or have old drivers? I'll let you know if I come across anything else that might help....

One more thing - just make sure that all of your connections to the motherboard and PSU are solid. Probably not the cause, but easy to do and something could have worked loose. With thermal expansion/contraction, a poor connection could be causing errors after the machine has been on for a while.

i have one nvme on the first slot that close to the cpu

and i have 5 sata port in used

i have only gpu connect

i cheked all the connections to the motherbord and psu

JohnAb
Level 17
Then perhaps reinstall Windows. Back up all of your files first of course.

SATA drives should not be the cause. I read that they do not use the PCIe bus at all. That's all I can suggest for now - report back if you do try a reinstall. Good luck tomerturbo.

Nate152
Hello tomerturbo,

To stop the WHEA errors, in the bios...

Advanced tab, Platform Misc Configuration, Disable PCIe Native Power Management.

BenchAndGames
Level 10
Disable PCIe native power management and ASPM from the bios

tomerturbo
Level 7
ok tank you very much for the help

i Disable PCIe native power management and ASPM from the bios and no WHEA errors

does it effect something in my pc?

BenchAndGames
Level 10
Not at all, other vendors MB that is not nice to name them here, got those disabled by default on bios. This is just power saves on PCIe connection when its on IDLE so disabling it will just not save this tiny powers....