cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z690 Extreme, RTX4090 boot loop

raybantracing
Level 8
Hi all,
I have a Corsair HX1200i and an MSI Suprim X RTX 4090.

PC works well until I have no nvidia driver, as soon as I install nvidia driver the PC reboots abruptly,
then windows starts, shows the desktop and reboot, this happen in a loop.

If I uninstall nvidia drivers PC works well.

If I rollback to an RTX2080Ti I don't have this problem.

Can it be some compatibility problem with the Z690 Extreme?
49 REPLIES 49

Can you check GPU on other system? Maybe something wrong with your card

Turbonetics wrote:
Can you check GPU on other system? Maybe something wrong with your card

Thanks for the answer. I wrote this on the previous page

raybantracing wrote:
This evening I tried the card on my brother's PC, he has an Asus Z690 Hero,
it works like a charm on his PC

At this point I really don't know where is the problem.

Tomorrow I'll try a brand new 1500W power supply but I doubt that it's the power supply because the power supply I'm using on my pc is am HX1200i that works well with a 2080ti.

Sorry that I don't have any meaningful suggestions, but what BIOS versions are you and your bother using? There might be a clue in there somewhere.
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

JohnAb wrote:
Sorry that I don't have any meaningful suggestions, but what BIOS versions are you and your bother using? There might be a clue in there somewhere.

Hey no need to sorry, thanks for the answer 🙂
Me and my brother are both using the latest 2004 BIOS from Asus.

He has a Z690 hero
And I have a Z690 extreme

raybantracing wrote:
I tried it and it didn't worked. Using latest driver 522.25

Did you try with the new PSU?

Skhitzo wrote:
Did you try with the new PSU?

Yes, same problem, it's not the PSU.
I tried my brother's PSU an HX1000 and a new one an HX1500i for my wife.
I have an HX1200i.

Three PSUs same problem

Dezzmos wrote:
Mine seems to work fine so far. Not much time today but I tried cb2077 and superposition benchmark - no crashes or reboots.
Hopefully you can fix yours without any rma hassle....

12900k, Z690 Hero (0702 bios), 4090 Suprim X , Win11 22H2, hags and rebar off for now

This evening I tried the card on my brother's PC, he has an Asus Z690 Hero,
it works like a charm on his PC

At this point I really don't know where is the problem.

Tomorrow I'll try a brand new 1500W power supply but I doubt that it's the power supply because the power supply I'm using on my pc is am HX1200i that works well with a 2080ti.

cekeu
Level 12
raybantracing did you reset the bios to default settings?
in other configurations it has helped

cekeu wrote:
raybantracing did you reset the bios to default settings?
in other configurations it has helped

Sure I tried it but it didn't helped.

Got a ROG Strix GeForce RTX® 4090 OC Edition 24GB GDDR6X today and i'm using it with Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0) motherboard. Latest bios.

Been gaming for prollly 5hrs nonstop and then rebooted PC. Led light on the GPU when PC is off but it's not giving any display output when i try to boot up the PC again, unless i remove power completely for a minute or so.. Then i boots up normally with video on the display. Anyone else know why this is? Bios failure or the card?

Using 2000w EVGA 80+ Gold PSU, Gskill CL14 3600MHz Ryzen 5950x. Tried resetting CMOS but nope. So gotta remove power completely every time i'm going to restart the system..