cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z690 Extreme, RTX4090 boot loop

raybantracing
Level 8
Hi all,
I have a Corsair HX1200i and an MSI Suprim X RTX 4090.

PC works well until I have no nvidia driver, as soon as I install nvidia driver the PC reboots abruptly,
then windows starts, shows the desktop and reboot, this happen in a loop.

If I uninstall nvidia drivers PC works well.

If I rollback to an RTX2080Ti I don't have this problem.

Can it be some compatibility problem with the Z690 Extreme?
49 REPLIES 49

JcRabbit
Level 10
Better not, I also have a Z690 Extreme and I just ordered a 4090 lol

What version of Windows? What version are the nVidia drivers?

JcRabbit wrote:
Better not, I also have a Z690 Extreme and I just ordered a 4090 lol

What version of Windows? What version are the nVidia drivers?

Using windows 11 22H2 with latest updates and latest 522.25 from Nvidia.
Please let me know if you have similar problems

raybantracing wrote:
Using windows 11 22H2 with latest updates and latest 522.25 from Nvidia.
Please let me know if you have similar problems

Still waiting for my Asus Strix 4090, unfortunately it seems it will only be available next week. I will let you know, but in the mean time I really hope you can figure out what is causing the issue in your system and fix it.

$2 000 USD / €2 500 EUR for a card and instead of enjoying your new GPU in bliss you get a horrible nightmare. Ouch.

I would not be surprised, given Microsoft latest track record, if it had something to do with the new windows 11 22H2 build (unfortunately that is also what I am running now). It had a ton of issue with the previous version of GeForce Experience, among others. Also reading about issues with the latest nVidia 522.25 drivers (which you have no choice but to install since they're currently the only drivers that work with the 4090).

ahfoo
Level 13
raybantracing wrote:
Hi all,
I have a Corsair HX1200i and an MSI Suprim X RTX 4090.

PC works well until I have no nvidia driver, as soon as I install nvidia driver the PC reboots abruptly,
then windows starts, shows the desktop and reboot, this happen in a loop.

If I uninstall nvidia drivers PC works well.

If I rollback to an RTX2080Ti I don't have this problem.

Can it be some compatibility problem with the Z690 Extreme?

When you install the driver. Choose an option clean install. It will wipe out your old driver and install the Nvidia driver. Hope it help.

ahfoo wrote:
When you install the driver. Choose an option clean install. It will wipe out your old driver and install the Nvidia driver. Hope it help.

Thanks for the answer my friend, I appreciate it.
I tried it, I tried using ddu to clean all the drivers, I even tried a fresh new clean windows install and same problem.

raybantracing
Level 8

Dezzmos
Level 8
Mine seems to work fine so far. Not much time today but I tried cb2077 and superposition benchmark - no crashes or reboots.
Hopefully you can fix yours without any rma hassle....

12900k, Z690 Hero (0702 bios), 4090 Suprim X , Win11 22H2, hags and rebar off for now

Try to install new drivers with windows safemode and disable updates temporary. What Nvidia drivers version do you have?

Turbonetics wrote:
Try to install new drivers with windows safemode and disable updates temporary. What Nvidia drivers version do you have?

I tried it and it didn't worked. Using latest driver 522.25