Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus TUF Z690 Plus Wifi D4 USB Type C Gen 2x2 super slow

byteburner012
Level 7
Hey Everyone,

I got my new system build up.

12700K, TUF Z690 Plus Wifi D4
USB Type C Gen 2x2 super slow like unusable at all. I tried different nvme enclosures but still the same issue. updates to the latest firmware and bios one by one release wise. all the drivers are up-to-date from the asus support website, but the problem remains.

it is already enabled in the bios. I even made on or enabled for every possible tick i can find related in bios but nothing.

been AsRock user for the longest time and never had a problem

kindly advise what can be done,

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
Have you tried both of the rear Type C ports? Do you have a case with a front type c and does that behave any different? Tried a different cable?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Have you tried both of the rear Type C ports? Do you have a case with a front type c and does that behave any different? Tried a different cable?

the 5Gb Type C is working normally unlike the 20Gb one which as slow as 100KB per second every few seconds as pulse. the front ports of the case doesn't have type C but will try to disconnect all header cables and see if that will fix it.

all the USBs are working properly except for number 5

byteburner012 wrote:
the 5Gb Type C is working normally unlike the 20Gb one which as slow as 100KB per second every few seconds as pulse. the front ports of the case doesn't have type C but will try to disconnect all header cables and see if that will fix it.

all the USBs are working properly except for number 5

removed all front panel headers' cables it didn't solve the issue.

xeromist
If you've tried different enclosures from different brands and different USB-C cables then it may be the board itself. (note that enclosures from the same brand may have some sort of conflict so the different brands part is important). If it's possible to exchange the board with your retailer I would try that first.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
If you've tried different enclosures from different brands and different USB-C cables then it may be the board itself. (note that enclosures from the same brand may have some sort of conflict so the different brands part is important). If it's possible to exchange the board with your retailer I would try that first.

That's unfortunate, I got the parts of this build from different places on amazon. and some really took long to reach and the hassle free return period passed already. I can still RMA it but it will take really long since I'm overseas. guess I will just live with that.
with that said, I really doubt it is a hardware issue. because everything else is working perfectly. can i diagnose further ?

xeromist
You said you already have the latest chipset driver from the ASUS support page so that would've been my first recommendation. I suppose you could try reinstalling Windows but that's a lot of work when you presumably just installed it. If by chance this is an old install that you moved to new hardware then that would be a good thing to try.

It is indeed an installation of windows I just cloned.

I have some extra Nvmes around, will try to a fresh installation. hopefully it will work. at least I know its not something wrong with Motherboard. but still I'm not ready to reinstall everything just for that. I have a lot of modifications and customizations for certain things to work that I have forgot about. This windows is more than 3 years ago since my previous build.