Did you mean: 

Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 new bios Version 1504 dated 2022/06/02

ahfoo
Level 13
Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 new bios dated 2022/06/02
Version 1504

"1. Improve DRAM stability
2. Add Wi-Fi 6 connection support in Ukraine and Russia."

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/TUF-GAMING-Z690-PLUS-WIFI-D4-ASUS-1504.zip
25 REPLIES 25

Hi, What about the version of this motherboard without WIFI?, I'm still with the 1304 because I don't like the 1403. Best regards

bscool wrote:
z690 Strix d4

Edit sorry I thought this was for the Strix, noticed OP was asking about Tuf.

Unless you have a KS I would stay on 901 if you are running DR b die(2x16) and are into memory OC. I have tested all the bios extensively and 1504 is one of the best for booting high clocks with DR b die but 901 is still better for actual stability for me. I am talking running 4133 to 4266 with DR which take a top IMC.

I havent tested SR or 4x8 in a long time so no idea how 1504 is for those.

I use manul setting for cpu clocks and voltages so no idea how they work when left on auto or Ai OC as in past testing they are not very good for best temps and stability.

For bios it stayed at 2022/04/13. But driver part you can refer driver thread from our member MoKiChu. Please search for the Z690 driver you want at the top of the
Intel Z690 Series Motherboards section. On the top few popular thread you will find it. Just look for particular thread by MoKiChu. You have a good day.

martine-dee
Level 12
Nice.

Upon switching to TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 and i7-12700K, one of the first things I tried was to hit the 4000 MHz CL15 on my G.Skill F4-4000C15Q-32GTZR. While on M12E, it was an ever-pain that I got its QVL listed kit, and it wouldn't run stable at the XMP. The best I could get out of it was 3733 MHz CL14. Well, the TUF board didn't fix that initially, but it still has the kit in its QVL.

Testing it all not with 1504. Is it finally fixed after two years of absolute pain...

It survived memtest for 30 minutes. Not much on the big scheme of things, but way more than previously. I will throw games at it.
Shame on you, Asus.
Keep exploring, keep innovating, keep creating

Was able to stabilize the system by bumpin ram voltage to 1.44v. Tbh I never tried raising it that much as I was running 1.385v on 1404. Also noticed that vddq on auto is at 1.5v compared to 1.2v on 1404. No issues manually setting it back down to 1.2v. Seems solid now

martine-dee wrote:
Nice.

Upon switching to TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 and i7-12700K, one of the first things I tried was to hit the 4000 MHz CL15 on my G.Skill F4-4000C15Q-32GTZR. While on M12E, it was an ever-pain that I got its QVL listed kit, and it wouldn't run stable at the XMP. The best I could get out of it was 3733 MHz CL14. Well, the TUF board didn't fix that initially, but it still has the kit in its QVL.

Testing it all not with 1504. Is it finally fixed after two years of absolute pain...

It survived memtest for 30 minutes. Not much on the big scheme of things, but way more than previously. I will throw games at it.
Shame on you, Asus.

This is amazing.

For the second day in a row I am playing with my RAM at its spec'd 4000 MHz CL15. That wasn't possible for the last two years, the 1504 finally made it happen.

martine-dee wrote:
This is amazing.

For the second day in a row I am playing with my RAM at its spec'd 4000 MHz CL15. That wasn't possible for the last two years, the 1504 finally made it happen.

Just monitor it for a couple of days here and drop a note here. Glad to see you able to address your issue. Kudos. May you share your setrting experience here to benefit forums member here.

Why there are no new bios versions for the TUF Gaming z690 D4 Non-Wifi, this board is completely neglected by ASUS, very bad in this regard. The WIFI version has the 1504 BIOS as the most recent and all drivers are updated on the ASUS WEB, while the NON-Wifi version has a BIOS from april and drivers from last year. Why?, there is only 20 euros difference from one to the other, they belong to the same range.

grifers1980 wrote:
Why there are no new bios versions for the TUF Gaming z690 D4 Non-Wifi, this board is completely neglected by ASUS, very bad in this regard. The WIFI version has the 1504 BIOS as the most recent and all drivers are updated on the ASUS WEB, while the NON-Wifi version has a BIOS from april and drivers from last year. Why?, there is only 20 euros difference from one to the other, they belong to the same range.

I felt your pain and checked up for a update. There's a new update released on 15th June. 🙂

ahfoo wrote:
Just monitor it for a couple of days here and drop a note here. Glad to see you able to address your issue. Kudos. May you share your setrting experience here to benefit forums member here.

Fine. Well, it has been a while and I have no complaints.

This time around I didn't do pretty much anything to make it work. I had optimized defaults + ErP and such, then just picked the XMP II profile. PAM. It worked out of the box.

So, BIOS did it all for me this time around.
Of course, much tweaking is needed for best perf, but meanwhile, I can also take a moment here to celebrate this RAM kit finally working at its advertised settings.

Here is the diff to the 'optimized defaults' on the board.

martine-dee wrote:
Fine. Well, it has been a while and I have no complaints.

This time around I didn't do pretty much anything to make it work. I had optimized defaults + ErP and such, then just picked the XMP II profile. PAM. It worked out of the box.

So, BIOS did it all for me this time around.
Of course, much tweaking is needed for best perf, but meanwhile, I can also take a moment here to celebrate this RAM kit finally working at its advertised settings.

Here is the diff to the 'optimized defaults' on the board.

Well done my friend. One question, why you disabled Resiz bar support from bios. Keen to know.