cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 BIOS 2103 dated 2202/10/19.

ahfoo
Level 13
Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 BIOS 2103 dated 2202/10/19.

TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 BIOS 2103
1. Improve system overclocking stability on 13th Gen Intel Processors
2. Update Microcode for 13th Gen Intel Processors
3. Update Microcode for 12th Gen Intel Processors

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

DL link

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/TUF-GAMING-Z690-PLUS-WIFI-D4-ASUS-2103.zip

Please give your feedback for this board only to share with others.

All bios upgrade carried cerain degree of uncertain behavior. Please take note.
18 REPLIES 18

kaedex
Level 7
Besides the mouse feeling smoother on the bios screen, nothing changed for me, XMP still doesn't work and I'm starting to think it will never be, time to sell the motherboard and get a similar one without the couple recent trash bios.

Edit: Just to add, this bios enables resizable bar by default which makes some games like forza horizon 5 crash pretty often, I disabled it since that's how I found out it was enabled when forza crashed after playing for a couple minutes and again and again after restarting the game..

kaedex wrote:
Besides the mouse feeling smoother on the bios screen, nothing changed for me, XMP still doesn't work and I'm starting to think it will never be, time to sell the motherboard and get a similar one without the couple recent trash bios.

Edit: Just to add, this bios enables resizable bar by default which makes some games like forza horizon 5 crash pretty often, I disabled it since that's how I found out it was enabled when forza crashed after playing for a couple minutes and again and again after restarting the game..

For me FH5 work with Resizable Bar enabled, but if i choose XMP from the main page my computer dont boot.
I've found one solution to use XMP :
In Ai Overclock Tuner i choosed OC Tuner II and now all is fine, in main page XMP profile is selected and i can boot normaly

Sorry for my bad english

mfckn8 wrote:
For me FH5 work with Resizable Bar enabled, but if i choose XMP from the main page my computer dont boot.
I've found one solution to use XMP :
In Ai Overclock Tuner i choosed OC Tuner II and now all is fine, in main page XMP profile is selected and i can boot normaly

Sorry for my bad english

Your memory is 4000mhz and it's running at 3200mhz?

The cpu voltage seems way to high!

I'll try the oc tuner option but that usually jacks up the voltages too much..

kaedex wrote:
Your memory is 4000mhz and it's running at 3200mhz?

The cpu voltage seems way to high!

I'll try the oc tuner option but that usually jacks up the voltages too much..

Yes, you are true, my memory can run at 4000mhz.

OC Tuner II set memory to 3200mhz, if i change to 4000mhz my computer dont boot.
I was on 1601 bios and i've updated to 2103 (Stupid idea)
Now i must wait new bios that solve XMP bug

Hello, I'm also having a lot of issues with this bios. I can't edit VDDQ TX at all. If I set a manual value it doesn't post anymore on the 13900KF.
Therefore I'm in the same case as PMmfckn8. Since you can't tune the VDDQ TX voltage you can't post anything higher than 3200 DDR4.
Furthermore pratio or ring value is not taken into account at all. I can punch whatever I want ring or pcore will downclock but do not go higher than 55p&45r.
I double checked all the settings from my 12900k and the 13900KF won't go higher than 55p&45r. It will boot but be stuck at these clocks despite the bios advertising pcore 56 ring 47 or higher. It doesn't try the value you put in or a setting changed which is preventing higher boost on pcore AND ring.

arkama6767 wrote:
Hello, I'm also having a lot of issues with this bios. I can't edit VDDQ TX at all. If I set a manual value it doesn't post anymore on the 13900KF.
Therefore I'm in the same case as PMmfckn8. Since you can't tune the VDDQ TX voltage you can't post anything higher than 3200 DDR4.
Furthermore pratio or ring value is not taken into account at all. I can punch whatever I want ring or pcore will downclock but do not go higher than 55p&45r.
I double checked all the settings from my 12900k and the 13900KF won't go higher than 55p&45r. It will boot but be stuck at these clocks despite the bios advertising pcore 56 ring 47 or higher. It doesn't try the value you put in or a setting changed which is preventing higher boost on pcore AND ring.

This board was running fine with my 12900K, decided to drop in a 13900K and now it won’t post either above 3200 speeds AND M.2 slot 1 that’s connected directly to the CPU no longer works with my 13900K. Â*I thought the 980 SSD was bricked, but worked fine once I put in back my 12900K. Â*My options are either get a new motherboard and new DDR5 as those seem to be more stable or just return the 13900K which I’m leaning on as the $650 upgrade will become $1100. Â*Just wanting more frames for my 4090…

magbarn wrote:
This board was running fine with my 12900K, decided to drop in a 13900K and now it won’t post either above 3200 speeds AND M.2 slot 1 that’s connected directly to the CPU no longer works with my 13900K. Â*I thought the 980 SSD was bricked, but worked fine once I put in back my 12900K. Â*My options are either get a new motherboard and new DDR5 as those seem to be more stable or just return the 13900K which I’m leaning on as the $650 upgrade will become $1100. Â*Just wanting more frames for my 4090…

What a mess.. was thinking about upgrading to that cpu as well, wth is asus doing?

Usually a platform gets more mature with time but this one keeps getting more broken and there's no help from support or any official post if they are even aware of these problems.

kaedex wrote:
What a mess.. was thinking about upgrading to that cpu as well, wth is asus doing?

Usually a platform gets more mature with time but this one keeps getting more broken and there's no help from support or any official post if they are even aware of these problems.

Don't upgrade to the 2XXX bios versions, they've been nothing but trouble and you can't backflash. Also, if you're getting Raptor Lake, sell your Asus motherboard now and get one from a manufacturer that actually responds.

magbarn wrote:

Did you update ME firmware?

"NOTE for Z690: You must update ME on your Z690 to properly support raptorlake"

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131027-RaptorLake-Resources

Also on z690 Strix d4 I had issues running gear 1 after flashing 2103 from bios 1604. I flashed back to 2004 and then to 2103 and gear 1 works now with 13900k. So if you cant figure anything else try that with yours going back 1 bios and then flash back to 2103. Maybe it was a fluke that worked for me but it is working now so that all that matters to me.

Latest ME firmware https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126385-FIRMWARE-Intel-ME-(H610-B660-H670-Z690-B760-H770-Z7...