cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Trained SVID Behaviour

happy_envoy
Level 8

Hi All,

I have a query that I hope you can help me with. 

I’ve been experimenting with my 0904 bios settings to reduce the heat generated by my 13700k (in hero z790 cooled by Corsair h150i). XMP1 is currently enabled but MCE is disabled. 

After reading a few posts and watching a few videos I applied an adaptive voltage under volt of 0.05v. Load vcore subsequently dropped from 1.41 to 1.36 and max cinebench 10 min test temp dropped from 98 to 92 degrees. Max cpu Power draw also dropped from 270+ to 248w

I then changed SVID behaviour from auto to trained and load vcore dropped further to 1.33v with max cinebench package temp dropping to 89. Power draw dropped further to 238w.

Benchmark scores (30,700) and stability have remained the same, so I’m pretty pleased with this result. Are there any issues with combining these settings?

I have also seen a number of guides that suggest adjusting LL AC and DC settings manually to optimise voltages at stock. 

Before I try this, the question I have is how does this method differ from setting SVID behaviour to trained? On the face of it they read like they may do the same thing. Am I wrong? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As mentioned, AC/DC loadline is part of this, this is how the VID behaviour is tweaked. If the desired outcome is the same use whichever you feel more comfortable with.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hello,

Trained SVID optimises SVID behaviour to match input parameters such as VRM Loadline and Target Frequencies. AC/DC loadline is part of this. Adjusting these values manipulates the VRM loadline characteristics in order to induce voltage droop. You may find the best results simply by trying "Best Case".

Thanks! That's helpful but doesn't quite answer my questions. I was keen to know if this approach is different to the AC/DC loadline optimisation method outlined at the beginning of this thread. 

As mentioned, AC/DC loadline is part of this, this is how the VID behaviour is tweaked. If the desired outcome is the same use whichever you feel more comfortable with.

Thank you