cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus strix z790a motherboard gpu light

ackdaddy
Level 7
Vga light on mobo will come on during boot up and stay lit but pc will boot into windows just fine.. has happened about 3 times in a month.. a simple reboot and it goes away... bad motherboard or gpu or just a glitch ya think?
4 REPLIES 4

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
ackdaddy wrote:
Vga light on mobo will come on during boot up and stay lit but pc will boot into windows just fine.. has happened about 3 times in a month.. a simple reboot and it goes away... bad motherboard or gpu or just a glitch ya think?

I a known issue for the last 4 years. That is cause the monitor is sleep at the moment you start the pc.

To avoid that turn on the monitor then the pc if takes time play with monitor menu until post

sadly that is no other way to overcome that. that is cause by display protocol not fully compatible with UEFI boot system.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
I a known issue for the last 4 years. That is cause the monitor is sleep at the moment you start the pc.

To avoid that turn on the monitor then the pc if takes time play with monitor menu until post

sadly that is no other way to overcome that. that is cause by display protocol not fully compatible with UEFI boot system.

Thanks! Was kinda concerned

Same problem Asus Z790 F-Gaming + RTX 4080. Do you think the problem will be fixed with a bios update someday? My old Z390 had no such problems ... 😉

Adrian1983
Level 10

This started happening to me the last couple of bios updates, I have never seen this issue previously only since the last 2 bios updates (1 of them is the issue)

Asus Z690 Gaming A, Never happened at all since getting this board on release day only since the last couple of bios's.