cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Z790-A gaming WiFi II can’t boot with 2 sticks of RAM

MihaiE
Level 8

I have an issue on my pc, asus rog strix z790-a gaming WiFi 2, I’ve tried 3 types of rams (Corsair Titanium, Corsair Vengence, Kingston Fury). With none of them don’t boot with 2 sticks in slots A2 and B2. It will boot with a single stick in B2 slot. If I try to boot with one single stick in A2 the yellow led on mobo stays on. I think the slot A2 from my motherboard is busted. I don’t know what to try next :))

cpu : 14900k

gpu : asus rog strix 4090 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

6 REPLIES 6

Nate152

Hello MihaiE

Try updating to the latest bios and see if this gets the A2 memory slot working, the latest bios for your motherboard is 0801.

ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI II | Gaming motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

A memory slot not working can be due to an overtightened cpu cooler or bent/misaligned cpu socket pins.

Try loosening your cpu cooler a little.

If no help, remove the cpu cooler and cpu and check carefully for any bent or misaligned cpu socket pins.

Thank you for your response in the first time.

I have the last bios which I’ve downloaded from asus.com 0801.

i will try later when I reach home to loosening the cpu cooler a bit to see if I have luck, and then check the cpu on  intel’s 14900

Nate152

Great !

Give us an update anytime.

If loosening the cooler doesn't help, you can take a picture of the cpu socket and post it here for us to check if you like.

Definitely. 
I will try both solutions, and I will come with an update.

IMG_5607.jpeg

IMG_5612.jpeg

IMG_5614.jpeg

IMG_5617.jpeg

Unscrewed everything (aio, contact frame, clean everything) screwed everything back , repaste the cpu, place the aio back but not so tightened and the pc post with two sticks of ram, and xmp profile as well.

@Nate152  You are a GOD of troubleshooting my friend a truly Wizard !! Thank you for your help !

Come to Romania, Alba Iulia, so I can “take care” of you like a proper Balkan :))