cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Internet connectivity issues (Lan)

Rdy2Rmbl
Level 7
I recently built this computer and everything was fine on Wi-Fi, but connected it to lan as its now in my room, and the connection seems to intermittently stop working. I tested my speeds on fast.com and it shows 700 Mbps but then 0 at times.

when trying to watch videos on YouTube it will constantly start buffering and start with a low resolution. I even get the notice from YouTube that I am not connected to the Internet. i've tried chrome and Firefox browsers. i've reset my modem, swapped out ethernet cables, reinstalled drivers, reset my Internet settings and still nothing.

windows 11 64 bit
nvidia 3060ti fe
12700k cpu
*any help or information is greatly appreciated!*
3 REPLIES 3

shokwavxb
Level 7
I have a ROG Strix x670e-e gaming I just put together and I'm running into upload problems with the built-in Intel i225-V (rev3). Downloads are fine but the uploads are getting choked. Disabling the NIC and flipping to WIFI works fine. I've tested with 2 other systems on the exact same wiring without an issue on those. So, I believe there is something wrong with the Intel i225-V NIC on my system at least. And judging from other comments I've regarding the same NIC, it's a legit problem.

shokwavxb wrote:
I have a ROG Strix x670e-e gaming I just put together and I'm running into upload problems with the built-in Intel i225-V (rev3). Downloads are fine but the uploads are getting choked. Disabling the NIC and flipping to WIFI works fine. I've tested with 2 other systems on the exact same wiring without an issue on those. So, I believe there is something wrong with the Intel i225-V NIC on my system at least. And judging from other comments I've regarding the same NIC, it's a legit problem.

feels really awesome spending $300+ on an Asus motherboard only to find out it has an issue like this. so annoyed

after researching a bit I found out its supposedly an issue with the updated driver for i225-v

I wonder if there is a way to install an older driver that works and to somehow disable windows updates from updating over it with the defective driver?

I should not have to being doing this with a brand new mobo. 😞

See you in Device Manager a (3) on Lan?