cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI, DRAM LED lit, won't POST.

Sineira1
Level 9
I have a brand new motherboard, a 13600k CPU and Kingston DDR5 DRAM (It's on the QVL list).
It refuses to boot, the CPU led lights up and goes out and then the DRAM led goes on and stays on.

I never see the BIOS screen.

I pulled out the GPU, no change.

I tried with 1, 2 , 0 DRAM in and in various positions, no change.

I tried to update the BIOS via the port on the back but it stops after 5 seconds as if there's an error.
Don't know if that's because it's already up-to-date or not.
The file name is correct.

What to try next?
10 REPLIES 10

Sineira1
Level 9
I tried with the 1720, 2004 and 2103 BIOS but none of them flashes. It stops after 5 seconds due to some error. What could the error be?
Will a DRAM error stop the flashing?

Sineira1
Level 9
I found a solution to flash the motherboard.
The USB need to be set up very specifically.
See this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvLTl1Zj9VA

After flashing the motherboard the PC now passes POST and all is good.

That's interesting. I have never used BIOS flashback, only EZ Flash from within BIOS. The last time I used a USB stick to update the BIOS it was formatted as GPT/exFAT and it worked fine. Perhaps Flashback does require it to be MBR/FAT32.

Do you know what format your stick was using when you had the problem? i.e. before you converted it to MBR?
Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

happycamper265
Level 7
this helped me soo much thank you Sineira1

KneelbfZod
Level 9
Yeah I did the same thing. Followed the BIOS flashback instructions, did the procedure, and I could then boot my 13th Gen CPU on my new Z690-F.

PerfectCr wrote:
Yeah I did the same thing. Followed the BIOS flashback instructions, did the procedure, and I could then boot my 13th Gen CPU on my new Z690-F.

can I ask about your hardware setup? Im having heat issues with my 13th Gen i7 (i posted a thread)

happycamper265 wrote:
can I ask about your hardware setup? Im having heat issues with my 13th Gen i7 (i posted a thread)

No issues. I am using a 360 AIO so everything is great. Idles at 32C and in gaming I see 55C as a max.

PerfectCr wrote:
No issues. I am using a 360 AIO so everything is great. Idles at 32C and in gaming I see 55C as a max.

thanks for your reply, yes i have watercooling setup too

what bios you use

happycamper265 wrote:
thanks for your reply, yes i have watercooling setup too

what bios you use

The latest one available.