cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z690 BIOS 2305

arlicht
Level 9

Hey guys,

Anyone tried new bios 2305? Any thoughts?

188 REPLIES 188

Yeah, I noticed that too when they removed it yet kept the other motherboard models 2305 version.

However, I just saw right now that the 2305 is back on the page.

Bandyy_
Level 7

Seeing the same issue since updating my BIOS. It worked a few times once I turned off XMP but now neither thunderbolt port works and there is no thunderbolt device in device manager. I hope ASUS knows this will lead me to never buy one of their mobo's again (after using them for my last 3).

Crazy to think a major selling point of this mobo is...
1. Broken on the latest version
2. Not disclosed that it is broken despite them knowing this
3. Unable to downgrade to a usable state

YalkSVK
Level 8

I did same stupid update with my ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI. And I cant go back to 2204 bios which worked great.

Now I cant use XMP profile for my G.SKILL 32 GB KIT DDR5 6600 MHz CL34 Trident Z5 RGB Black / F5-6600J3440G16GX2-TZ5RK

Now I am waiting for support when they will solve my ticket: https://www.asus.com/support/

Yeah, good luck with that. I am waiting almost 2 months for a solution.

They will go back and forth with you asking the same questions, via multiple tech supports.

I have good experience with our local support.

When Z690 came out, we exchanged lot of messages and informations about problem and they finally fixed it in really short time with newer version of bios.

The only reason you "might" get lucky is because we all have been complaining to them the last 2 months about BIOS 2305, so we have a head start.

It's won't be because you are special.

Nobody said that I am special. I understand your frustration. I finaly found a way how to downgrade. Although it is not an official route.

duckyfuzz
Level 7

Hi all, wondering if anyone might be able to help me please. I have a new build and Z690- Gaming D4 motherboard. I need to update the BIOS (using flashback) to support my 13th gen 13600k. My questions are:

• What is currently the most stable BIOS? It doesn't appear to be 2305.
  • If 2103 or 2204, which Intel ME version does this need to be paired to?

I have to to a fresh install, so I need to flash the BIOS > Install Windows (with M2 in slot other than primary) > Update the Intel ME Firmware > Move my M2 drive to primary.

Thanks,

Chris

I am not sure about others who upgrade version 2305, but personally I do not facing any issue. I still stand firm that  V2305 upgrade not causing an issue in my system.  One key note, update bios, restart, reset bios and re-config bios setting.

Hello. In my particular case, that I have a Hero Z690, the most stable version I've tested is 2204. Version 2305 destroyed, if I can call it that, my entire system. I had to perform a rollback to be able to recover the usability of my PC.

Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero Motherboard - Intel i9-13900K - Asus Thor 1200p - Kingston Fury 128GB (4x 32GB) DDR5 4200MT/s (Trying to run 128GB at 5600MT/s) - 3x Firecuda 530 NVMe SSD 1TB - WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD 2TB - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4080 - Windows 11 Pro x64