Intel 12900k
G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16-16-16-36
ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A D4
ASUS RTX 3090 TUF OC
ASUS XONAR D2X
2x SAMSUNG 980 PRO 2TB without Raid
Full custom water cooling
Onboard 2.5G ETH connected to 1G HP ProCurve Managed Switch

So the problem is, if I have load on my onboard ethernet port like an Steam update or download a Steam game, or load a webpage like 9gag with a lot of content then all USB ports are stuttering.
The mouse is hanging the keyboard is doing likeeeeeeee this or the webcam has image distorsions, also its crackling in the headset. The problem is getting worse when something is connected to a usb-hub like the headset is connected to the Corsair RGB Headset Stand then the sound quality is like nintendo 64, but if its connected directly to the mainboard its only crackling in the ear, also my colleagues can hear the sound distorsions.
If I am using an USB to ETH adapter nothing of this appears at all. I have updated the drivers several times and reinstalled everything from the mainboard drivers, also it was with all BIOS versions the same issue. Also installed all Windows optional updates, nothing happens always the same issue. Also checked several energy saving options, disabled the ones for PCIe or USB without any resolution.
The Problem is worse on the blue USB3 Ports on the back, the 10g ports are a little better.

Please can someone help me!
2 REPLIES 2

Strakay
Level 7
Noone has a tip? I dont want to use ETH to USB3 converters...

I found the isue, bit it seems like a board design issue or EMI or something like that, because I only switched my sound card (ASUS Xonar D2X) to the PCIeX1(G3) from the PCIeX16(G3) and the issue was gone ...

Is there a possibility to report that to ASUS?