cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog strix b760-f gaming wifi

xh43k
Level 7
Hey guys,

Please share your experience with undervolting of 13th gen CPUs as well as high speed memory stability please.

Also, is it possible to change SA Voltage on this MB ? Can somebody test it. Thx.

EDIT: Nevermind, I tested it myself.
So, as for undervolting, the support is abysmal, most stuff is completely locked, also, on my 13700k it put 1.55V to the CPU.. crazy.
SA Voltage is locked.
7200 MHz RAM is completely unstable at XMP, although the kit is in QVL as well as they advertise 7800+
with the same RAM/CPU combo I am getting completely stable 7200 with tightened timings on MSI Z790 Tomahawk, so it's not CPU or RAM problem but rather mobo, especially SA voltage limitation I'd say.
14 REPLIES 14

What i forgot, those offset values with " - " will never hurt your cpu but it might cause system instability if you go to low because a cpu needs a desired voltage to operate properly. If you go to low it will just crash nothing more.

It is mainly for reducing temperature and power because many 13700k can go much lower on core VID. Many do 1.3v and 1.5v is really unnessesary at 5.4Ghz and will heat up the cpu much more then 1.3v.

With the new bios there might also be a chance that you can properly undervolt with Intel Extreme Tuning utility but i am not shure because i don't own that board anymore. Search it up on youtube how to undervolt but only after updating your bios. With 0406 i can garantee it will not work.

oconoc
Level 7

I was able to undervolt .065 and get my core  to 1.27, temps hit 83 stressing cinebench for 30 minutes stock clocks

Really great!

Do you use the latest Bios?

I do but it seems I replied to the wrong Board..lol. I have the Rog Strix Z790-A Gaming Wifi. Not sure if that makes much of a difference.

Cant tell you either, had the b760it was awful tbh. Should be all fixed now but i switched to Rog strix z690-f and everything work well